Daily St*r Sunday Soul(?) CD

What is this all about, I thought the idea of releasing something like this would be encouraging to the folk outside the scene,pah is it hell!!! It will have an adverse effect, they will be running away from us>>>>>

Oh it sounds authentic when they put a bit of hiss and a crackle here and there but it is second rate "top of the pops compilation from the 70's" in the Naughties.

Still it will have one use- for keeping the birds off my seeds in the garden.

I'll get me hoe!!!!

Haydn

post-1-1084389538_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Frank wilson-Do i love you

Freda Payne -Band of gold

Just Bros-Sliced Tomatoes

Robert Knight-Love on a mountain

Detroit Emeralds-Feel the need

Ike & Tina Turner-Ive been loving you

+ 9 bonus tracks that sound like they have been made on the same synthesiser as the Frank Wilson choon.

ie Marvin & the Blues, the Seconds, the Executives

H

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Is it right that these tracks have been remixed with, as you mention, a tinny synthesizer? If that is the case I'd just like to know why and who is responsible (and are royalties being paid?). What a pile of crap.

Social source share

According to the sleeve notes.....

"The producers of this CD have paid the "composers"and "publishers for the use(?) of their music."

A company called Peoplesound (part of {get this} Buonglomo Vitaminic Group)

Peoplesound are a London based company that does mp3s and free downloads, funnily enough > their search toolbar coudn't find any of the tracks on the CD. They seem to be promoters for up and coming bands signing to labels. Nothing on their site about the rare soul scene. The bonus tracks on the CD are made up names with the writer of the song being the artist that sang it , sorry played it, as they are all instrumentals, lame instrumentals.

Yes okay it was a "free" CD but the music is worth so much more, this has just cheapened it and nobody in their right mind can find this an apt copy of soul music.

It makes it worse to find out that a certain, and i used to think respected DJ, had even anything to do with this, obviously the lure of a bit of gold in a mine means more than the sounds.

Help ma Boab!!

H.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert