Isley Bros - 1971 Regal Starline Uk Lp

Rbman

Anyone got this and can list the tracks for me please. Any idea on price too.

M

Side One:

This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)

Put Yourself In My Place

That's The Way Love Is

Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Litlle While)

Take Some Time Out For Love

I Hear A Symphony

Side Two:

Behind A Painted Smile

Little Miss Sweetness

Stop! In The Name Of Love

Got To Have You Back

I Guess I'll Always Love You

Nowhere To Run

Social source share

Side One:

This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)

Put Yourself In My Place

That's The Way Love Is

Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Litlle While)

Take Some Time Out For Love

I Hear A Symphony

Side Two:

Behind A Painted Smile

Little Miss Sweetness

Stop! In The Name Of Love

Got To Have You Back

I Guess I'll Always Love You

Nowhere To Run

Thanks...but that can't be right......

Edited by Rbman
Social source share

Guest stax'a'soul

Or is it this starline lp...

1.tell me its just a rumour baby

2.you've got so much to shout about.

3.it moves me to tears

4.why when love is gone.

5.trouble

6.no good without you.

1.whispers

2.all because i love you

3.leaving here

4.one too many heartaches

5.share a little love with me

6.i cant help it.

steve :lol:

Social source share

3.it moves me to tears

4.why when love is gone.

5.trouble

6.no good without you.

1.whispers

2.all because i love you

3.leaving here

6.i cant help it.

that's the one.......

Social source share

3.it moves me to tears

4.why when love is gone.

5.trouble

6.no good without you.

1.whispers

2.all because i love you

3.leaving here

6.i cant help it.

Tracks 5 on both sides are awesome :lol: ,nice LP.

KEV

Social source share

just in case ur interested...........u can have my "this old heart of mine " isley bros lp tml11034 from 1966 for £12 inc uk post, cover vg+just, vinyl vg+ or better, regards ezzie includes .

.nowhere to run

take some time out

put yourself in my place

guess il always love you

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

just in case ur interested...........u can have my "this old heart of mine " isley bros lp tml11034 from 1966 for £12 inc uk post, cover vg+just, vinyl vg+ or better, regards ezzie includes .

.nowhere to run

take some time out

put yourself in my place

guess il always love you

....and the underated "Seek and you shall find" - always here to help Ezzie.hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

3.it moves me to tears

4.why when love is gone.

5.trouble

6.no good without you.

1.whispers

2.all because i love you

3.leaving here

6.i cant help it.

steve thumbsup.gif

Got both of them and this is the best! 'One too many heartaches' absolutely gorgeous midtempo heart breaker, Motown at it's very best, 'Share a little love with me' and 'Trouble' great Northern Dancers, that ought to be played out more often in my view, (And of course 'Why when etc, classic.....' ) this is the yellow cover one, slightly rarer I think, but I might be wrong. Can anybody confirm? Great series though...thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

And of course 'Why when etc, classic.....'

That's the one on the flip of "Take Me In Your Arms".... I think I saw that got a play at 100 Club recently....

ISLEY BROTHERS - WHY WHEN LOVE IS GONE -

Edited by Rbman
Social source share

• 13 years later...

This copy was purchased in Wolverhampton's Woolworths in 1972. It was around a pound as I recall.

'Rumour' was one of the most popular sounds at the Catacombs in the autumn of that year. When you think that Eddie Parker, and other sounds of that ilk, were packing the dance floor in that period, that's some accolade. I associate it chiefly with Alan Day but all DJs featured it regularly.

Why When Love Has Gone was a Twisted Wheel play, I understand.

Share A Little Love With Me is a version of the Monitors track that got plays at the Catacombs, circa 1973.

I endorse the comments about Trouble (track 5, side 1) Never heard it at a venue but it's certainly not without merit.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Anyone know who it was at EMI that decided it would be worth while asking the LA Motown office to send over copies of every Isley Brothers track recorded while they were signed to the label. It must have been the 1st case of serious 'vaulted track trawling' to have been undertaken on any soul or Motown act.

Of course, years down the line, scouring the 'unissued cuts' vault for 'lost gems' became an everyday practise.

With Motown's mass withdrawal from Detroit & the shipping of many 'things of value' to California, it's lucky ALL the old master-tapes were included. So much was just junked & left to rot in the Detroit buildings that the company had used ahead of the move. 

When ABC's tape vault storage facility was deemed 'too full' and company execs instructed staff to 'free up space' for newly recorded tapes ... the tape facilities staff's solution was just to throw away every tape of 'unissued tracks' (which it was obvious to them, would never be of any value). That's the reason why we've never got to enjoy listening to any 'vaulted ABC tracks' in the 50 years since it happened.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Roburt said:

Anyone know who it was at EMI that decided it would be worth while asking the LA Motown office to send over copies of every Isley Brothers track recorded while they were signed to the label. It must have been the 1st case of serious 'vaulted track trawling' to have been undertaken on any soul or Motown act.

Of course, years down the line, scouring the 'unissued cuts' vault for 'lost gems' became an everyday practise.

With Motown's mass withdrawal from Detroit & the shipping of many 'things of value' to California, it's lucky ALL the old master-tapes were included. So much was just junked & left to rot in the Detroit buildings that the company had used ahead of the move. 

When ABC's tape vault storage facility was deemed 'too full' and company execs instructed staff to 'free up space' for newly recorded tapes ... the tape facilities staff's solution was just to throw away every tape of 'unissued tracks' (which it was obvious to them, would never be of any value). That's the reason why we've never got to enjoy listening to any 'vaulted ABC tracks' in the 50 years since it happened.  

Perhaps @Robbk may be able to help?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Motown's Ralph Terrana tells me that we have Fran Heard to thank for saving all the old US master tapes. Under Fran's stewardship the library was run really well, being the most successful department in the Creative Division. She oversaw the transporting of Motown's extensive library of tape, multi-track and masters to LA it seems.

Of course, most of the Isley's master tapes must have been requested by EMI ahead of Detroit being abandoned by Motown in 1972.

Motown's home in LA  (how it looks these days) ... 

MowestBuildngLA.jpg

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Bo Diddley said:

Perhaps @Robbk may be able to help?

Sorry.  I have no idea who at EMI requested the Isley Brothers' masters, but I would guess that Dave Godin made the original request that EMI, in turn, would request them from Motown HQ.  Yes, thank goodness Fran was so careful as much as possible was transported from Detroit's tape library to L.A.'s new facility.  Of course, a fair amount of acetates and vinyl demo records didn't make it there.  Luckily, many of those were "rescued" from a worse fate, and eventually got into collectors' hands and mastered off the records, for inclusion in commercial CDs, or, at least, digital availability.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

If you think back , over the years of all the Motown tunes that where released , all over Europe and not in the UK , then it

could have been anybody , who would never have realised that there was a Northern Soul Scene in the UK , so that counts out Dave Godin & Sharon .

Edited by Happy Feet
Social source share

No, with regard to the Isleys unreleased Motown stuff, it was definitely the UK that spearheaded those first escaping from the vaults. 

So I'd say Dave Godin & Sharon Davis are very much in the frame as the people to thank. With Isley Brothers tracks doing so well (commercially) in the UK in 1969, equally it could just have been a EMI staffer who was on their Motown team.

Later on, in the early 80's, I knew a guy who worked on the UK Motown team -- he said cassettes of loads of old Motown tracks were handed out to everyone on the team. Folk would play them when they had nothing else to do & put forward suggestions for possible releases. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!