That Driving Beat, Leeds - Yorkshire Vs Lancashire Special

What a night in store we have for you this month!!!

That Driving Beat Leeds welcomes Manchester's top club Beat Boutique over for a YORKSHIRE Vs LANCASHIRE SPECIAL!!

For those who dont know about the Beat Boutique, it's run by Liam Quinn and Paul Barker , both of whom have ecclectic tastes in soul and run their club in that vein, capturing the enthusiasm they share for this great music and moulding this into a thriving monthly event!

Liam & Paul will be representing Lancashire on the night and pitting their witts against That Driving Beat residents Azza, Rich Buckley & Eddie Wainwright, the YORKSHIRE BOYS! (Well Rich is a Welshman but adopted into the Yorkshire flock).

If that wasn't enough, you'll also be treated to an eagerly awaited debut guest spot from 100 Club's very own.........

ADY CROASDELL!!!

Ady will also be a neutral judge for the war of the roses hour thumbup.gif

So for an exciting night of QUALITY across the board soul music, including northern, R&B, 70's soul, Motown, Funky soul and a twist of Latin, get yourself down to The Wardrobe in Leeds city centre. This really is one NOT to miss!!

Sunken wooden dancefloor, amazing sound system and top atmosphere - what more could you want?! All delivered on original vinyl.

We're looking into putting a bus on from Manchester so PM if you're interested.

That Driving Beat - YORKSHIRE Vs LANCASHIRE SPECIAL

@ The Wardrobe, 6 St Peters Square, Leeds, LS9 8AH

Special Guests: Ady Croasdell (100 Club), Liam Quinn & Paul Barker (Beat Boutique)

Residents: Rich Buckley, Eddie Wainwright & Azza

9.30pm - 2.30am, £5 entry

Check out lookbacks for previous events.

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Right boys and girls, for those coming across from the red rose county a few have expressed an interest in getting a coach from Manchester city centre, so after a bit of digging we've managed to source a 24 seater and if we fill it we can offer everyone aboard the Beat Boutique love bus the bargain pricce of £15 return from Manchester which INCLUDES entry to the night in Leeds. By our reckoning that's a saving of at least £7 each compared to if you caught the train. Details to be confirmed but provisionally:

Coach departs Manchester Picadilly train station at 8.30pm Friday 30th April and goes directly to the venue in Leeds. Return coach departs the venue at 2.30am (when the night finishes) and goes directly to Manchester Picadilly train station.

Providing we fill the coach the price will be £15 per person which includes entry to the night. We'll need a deposit of £10 off each person prior to the night. Please contact me or Arron by PM on here or via:

richard.buckley@itv.com 07919 560 808

arronadams_azza@hotmail.com 07968 174 086

Please leave contact details including a mobile number. We'll get back to everybody once we've sussed out what the interest is like.

Cheers,

Rich

Right boys and girls, for those coming across from the red rose county a few have expressed an interest in getting a coach from Manchester city centre, so after a bit of digging we've managed to source a 24 seater and if we fill it we can offer everyone aboard the Beat Boutique love bus the bargain pricce of £15 return from Manchester which INCLUDES entry to the night in Leeds. By our reckoning that's a saving of at least £7 each compared to if you caught the train. Details to be confirmed but provisionally:

Coach departs Manchester Picadilly train station at 8.30pm Friday 30th April and goes directly to the venue in Leeds. Return coach departs the venue at 2.30am (when the night finishes) and goes directly to Manchester Picadilly train station.

Providing we fill the coach the price will be £15 per person which includes entry to the night. We'll need a deposit of £10 off each person prior to the night. Please contact me or Arron by PM on here or via:

richard.buckley@itv.com 07919 560 808

arronadams_azza@hotmail.com 07968 174 086

Please leave contact details including a mobile number. We'll get back to everybody once we've sussed out what the interest is like.

Cheers,

Rich

We'll be across again...drive over after work....for those who want to stay.....E-Tap hotel right next to the venue £38.00 the room (up to three people) not stayed in this one but the one in Derby was spotless, great value, and I'm fussy!!

Really looking forward to our second visit, can't wait to see what the boy's play away from home turf.......Tony & Janetthumbsup.gif

Could anyone please tell me how far this is from York, as my wife is taking me to York for the weekend ( birthday treat ) and she suggested going to this on the friday night , also she being the non-soulie has told me she will drive so i can have a good drink / dance.. Also can i bring some sales?

Cheers

Daz

Could anyone please tell me how far this is from York, as my wife is taking me to York for the weekend ( birthday treat ) and she suggested going to this on the friday night , also she being the non-soulie has told me she will drive so i can have a good drink / dance.. Also can i bring some sales?

Cheers

Daz

Hi Daz,

York is about 35/40 minutes away by car, really not far at all. By all means bring some sales, but the way we have the lighting you may need to bring a small light for those going through your boxes. Give me a shout if you need any more info. There's parking right near the venue.

Cheers,

Rich

Back from Italy and firmly looking forward to this one.

The build up is picking up pace and plenty of interest.

Dont forget for those travelling from Manchester, providing we can fill it, there's a soul bus on the go!! £15 return including entry fee, BARGAIN.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/128982-that-driving-beat-leeds-war-of-the-roses-special-return-coach-from-manchester-to-leeds/page__gopid__1311464entry1311464

As Tony mentioned, cheap digs at Etap all of 3 minutes walk away from the venue.

Azza

Guest matty

DEFFO UP FOR THIS ONE CANT SEE ME GETTING OUT TO TENERIFE SO BRING ON THE SALES BOXES SHOULD BE A RITE NITE..MATTYthumbsup.gif

~~~~~~AFTERNOON DELIGHT SOUL CLUB~~~~~~

Edited by matty
Guest Ste Brazil

I'm gonna miss this yet again as i'm in Italy with my lovely lady and possibly miss the next one as i may be in the dirty south - not having much luck with this night recently!

Ste.thumbsup.gif

How come I'm not on the team? Born and three years in Sheffield, five in Rotherham before being whisked away to Derbyshire. I've got Wilfred Rhodes (most first class wickets ever, started out as a number 11 and ended up opening for England) and Headley Verity's (10 for 10; say no more) autographs too!

I'll be bringing my records too!

How come I'm not on the team? Born and three years in Sheffield, five in Rotherham before being whisked away to Derbyshire. I've got Wilfred Rhodes (most first class wickets ever, started out as a number 11 and ended up opening for England) and Headley Verity's (10 for 10; say no more) autographs too!

I'll be bringing my records too!

Because then you wouldnt be our "neutral" judge Ady thumbsup.gif

I think i'll need some Wilfred Rhodes tips when i rock up to play cricket on Saturday after what promises to be a rather large night on the Friday!!

Because then you wouldnt be our "neutral" judge Ady thumbsup.gif

I think i'll need some Wilfred Rhodes tips when i rock up to play cricket on Saturday after what promises to be a rather large night on the Friday!!

Oh dear have I revealed a slight bias?

One day we'll have the North v South Northern cricket match of all time.

Guest RichEvans

What a night this is shaping up to be, should just about be enough to keep me sane through work this week. Looking forward to seeing everyone down.

The bus has been booked!

We've got a couple of spaces left if anyone is interested?

That's great news Azza thumbsup.gif

As always, I'm really looking forward to That Driving Beat thumbup.gif

See you Friday beer.gif when the Lancashire hot-pots will, hopefully, be thrashed by the Yorkshire Puddings laugh.gif (ooh & one welsh rarebit) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Ali x

Hi Daz,

York is about 35/40 minutes away by car, really not far at all. By all means bring some sales, but the way we have the lighting you may need to bring a small light for those going through your boxes. Give me a shout if you need any more info. There's parking right near the venue.

Cheers,

Rich

OR LET THE TRAIN TAKE THE STRAIN - THE MANCHESTER AIRPORT TRAINS RUN ALL THROUGH THE NITE BETWEEN YORK & LEEDS. VENUE 10 MIN WALK - OR CHEAP TAXI RIDE . TAXI RANK OUTSIDE STATION & VENUE thumbsup.gif

Hi Daz,

Cheers,

Rich

Will defo be bringing a box or maybe 2 for sale , will see if ive got some lights??? , other than that a small torch will have to suffice.

Just put the proposed set times together, exciting times ahead indeed!! Quality music guarenteed, what a night this is gonna be!

9.30 - 10:15 Rich & Eddie

10:15 - 11:15 Beat Boutique Residents

11:15 - 11:45 Azza

11:45 - 12:45 Ady Croasdell

12:45 - 01:45 Yorkshire Vs Lancashire (Rich & Eddie Vs Liam & Paul)

01:45 - Close Driving Beat residents

This could change but likely to be final.

Dont miss it folks, see you down there.

P.S the Lancashire transport pod will be arriving 9.30ish so please welcome them warmly into Yorkshire territory (no bricks broken bottles or sticks please, i want my deposit back on the bus!!)

Azza

Guest Jamie

The return love bus from Manchester is now FULL up so any more of our red rose brethren will need to go by plane, train or automobile across t'pennines!! See thee later :rolleyes:

Rich

And this is the night that Jamie makes his annual appearance.

Looks like a lot of the old gang are getting together for this one.

Unconfirmed reports that a certain Brett Franklin has hi-jacked a sunshine variety bus and is swerving his way to Leeds via the back roads of the Rother Valley as we speak.

Edited by Jamie
Guest ShaneH

And this is the night that Jamie makes his annual appearance.

Looks like a lot of the old gang are getting together for this one.

Unconfirmed reports that a certain Brett Franklin has hi-jacked a sunshine variety bus and is swerving his way to Leeds via the back roads of the Rother Valley as we speak.

this will also be my annual appearance - for what looks like a Spinal Tap type reunion for soul fans biggrin.gif

just getting my shoes re-heeled for those cobbles in Leeds

Guest xsquadie

Well one of my favorite nights is almost here...

Hotel Booked......

Dancing Shoes packed.......

Beer Tokens obtained......

"The Awright Man, Sound" ( or Speak Manc in a Day) phrase book in the pocket

Anti Manc suite made......Yorkshire puddings, Tripe, Parkin and Pontefract Cakes all woven into a super strong anti red rose power rangers type outfit..(Kwok Wan bring it on!!!)wink.gif

Lets Go FOOOKIN Mental

I for one really enjoy the Azza school of Graphic Art...No Drinks on the Dance floor..original art work whistling.gif

See you all tonight

Simon & Wendy

Well one of my favorite nights is almost here...

Hotel Booked......

Dancing Shoes packed.......

Beer Tokens obtained......

"The Awright Man, Sound" ( or Speak Manc in a Day) phrase book in the pocket

Anti Manc suite made......Yorkshire puddings, Tripe, Parkin and Pontefract Cakes all woven into a super strong anti red rose power rangers type outfit..(Kwok Wan bring it on!!!):wink:

Lets Go FOOOKIN Mental

I for one really enjoy the Azza school of Graphic Art...No Drinks on the Dance floor..original art work whistling

See you all tonight

Simon & Wendy

1st night out in Leeds for us since the days of the Griffin. (think so anyway)