Bobby Valentin Versus Los Fulanos

Suinoz

I recently picked up the Los Fulanos version of this great latin dancer and played it at the Prestatyn weekender to really good dancefloor response. Sean Chapman then played the Bobby Valentin version on the Sunday. Gotta say the cheaper one sounds perfect to me and has a really great Latin feel to it, you just can't help dancing. Just wondering who else has played this cos at about a fiver against 300 quid there does'nt seem to be any competition between the 2. Has this been overlooked by the scene in general cos it's cheap and have you heard it out ????

Be interested in your comments. Tony T BONE. OZ.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I should add the they are a great live act. They've been touring with Joe Bataan and their shows feature several latin soul classics. Here you are "I Want a Chance for Romance" live:

Regards,

Iu

Hi Iu

I've mention this before on here and put it in the refosoul. Love the instrumental as well. I saw them last year great group.

TONY MANERO-USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -

FUNDACION TONY MANERO-USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Hi Iu

I've mention this before on here and put it in the refosoul. Love the instrumental as well. I saw them last year great group.

TONY MANERO-USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -

FUNDACION TONY MANERO-USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT -

Dave

Hiya Dave, yes i did see your reply on my wants thread when i was asking for the Bobby Valentin version. Your reply prompted me to buy the Tony Manero version and i love it. The dancers proved just how good it is. Thanks for putting me onto it, you saved me a fortune and i got a better tune. ATB Tony. OZ.

Social source share

i'm start to play it...also thanks Dave Thorley and yours post....REALLY GOOD ONE...i've buy also want chance romance 45...and i think it's better :no: so hurry up to buy it.....i think when their 45 finish this one could be go up like a new biggie...ESSENTIAL FOR ME... hatsoff2.gif i'm very in latin music...if you check some of my post or podcast you can understand what i say....however....i don't like the new album with joe bataan prefer the original take...but this two 45 woooo are bloody smoking!!!!

:yes:

Social source share

i'm start to play it...also thanks Dave Thorley and yours post....REALLY GOOD ONE...i've buy also want chance romance 45...and i think it's better :hatsoff2: so hurry up to buy it.....i think when their 45 finish this one could be go up like a new biggie...ESSENTIAL FOR ME... hatsoff2.gif i'm very in latin music...if you check some of my post or podcast you can understand what i say....however....i don't like the new album with joe bataan prefer the original take...but this two 45 woooo are bloody smoking!!!!

hatsoff2.gif

werent Los Fulanos the backin band on Phoenix Nites :thumbsup:

Social source share

They are both great versions, and I'd love to see them performed live in a small packed venue.....but c'mon, they are not as good as the originals.

Incidentally, do any of those saying they prefer these versions own the originals? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

no better...but same good as the originals for sure...and not for price...if i really like an 45 i can save the right money to buy it...you know Mace how much pay for my 45 monthly or for my lp....but for sure i'm not so silly to pay 600£ for an 45 when there is one good as equal for 6 euro and it'snt a reissue(never in my playbox)....of course is my opinion....i've bought it and start to play it...only because are good known latin anthem....but for me G.I.O. of enrique salas actually two known copy are 10.000 better than this two...or ahi bogaloo of joe pacheco or soul&feeling/boogalo girl of Alfredito linares and i can continue the list...rare as equal.....but no so pricey.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

that tony manero is a nice 45 ! can help but think its sounds more like pete rodruigez´s i like it like that more than bobby valentines use it before you lose it though .....

sincerly is very equal to bobby valentine one...only the intro of pete rodriguez have something in common with "use before you lose it" :thumbsup:

Social source share

no better...but same good as the originals for sure...and not for price...if i really like an 45 i can save the right money to buy it...you know Mace how much pay for my 45 monthly or for my lp....but for sure i'm not so silly to pay 600£ for an 45 when there is one good as equal for 6 euro and it'snt a reissue(never in my playbox)....of course is my opinion....i've bought it and start to play it...only because are good known latin anthem....but for me G.I.O. of enrique salas actually two known copy are 10.000 better than this two...or ahi bogaloo of joe pacheco or soul&feeling/boogalo girl of Alfredito linares and i can continue the list...rare as equal.....but no so pricey.... :thumbsup:

Alfie, I am not comparing the different versions on their value or rarity, but simply on the version itself.

The vocals on the Los Fulanos version of UIBYLI are a lot weaker than Bobby Valentins imo, and the singer sounds like he is struggling the get all the words out in time.

As I said, they would sound great live in a small sweaty club.

The value of the originals of Bobby Valentin and Hector Rivera are only so high because of the demand from the Northern & Mod scenes, they are not as rare as their value would lead you to believe, and are overpriced simply because of supply and demand.

All imo of course... :hatsoff2:

Regards

Mace

Social source share

hi Mace...sorry if i've understand that or think that your comment could be on that way.... :D

quite agree with you.....(for sure on the overpriced explanation) don't feel so difference sincerly...yes for sure bobby valentine have a better voice...but at all i think the two version have the same groove the same appeal and for sure the same result on dancefloor... so my thinking is: don't are so very different to play out loud during a dj set....in my home...i prefer to listen a good lp of Andres Landero or of Lucho Bermudez if we speaking of latin music...not this kind of monster 45 :lol:

my best as always Mace...hope to meet you one day....you have a great taste... hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

C,mon Gents, this has to be an early and late April Fool no, BV just scrapes in as a Northern record but the other one must surely be a home recording from some Spanish waiter down Soho no..........

I am shocked, no really!

Social source share

sincerly mate... if a legendary dj like Dave Thorley cover up it for the northern soul crowd...i think also it can be consider an northern anthem.....the musician behind los fulanos band are really amazing....so a great artist like joe bataan would have them like his backing band for live...can be some rivelant news or not?

however i'm agree with you if you not consider a latin track an northern anthem...i think it's only the starting open of the scene in some kind of music more fresh and good to dance(like funk and a kind of modern soul nowdays)...in the same spirit of the first northern scene....but that is only my honest opinion

Social source share

They are both great versions, and I'd love to see them performed live in a small packed venue.....but c'mon, they are not as good as the originals.

Incidentally, do any of those saying they prefer these versions own the originals? :lol::hatsoff2:

I´ve heard both versions and have to admit they are great but both are later versions of the original and I can´t think of any tune redone (on any scene) that was better than the original version apart from ´Show me the way to Amarillo´:lol:

I bet this argument wouldn´t occur if the BV and the HR were 10 quid tunes.

Social source share

yes sadly you're right Warren...but i think none have said that is better....i've only said that is a very good alternative with very low differences probalby only in a better voice in the original for obvious reason....but sincerly i always prefer geronimo to use before you loose it...i've pay top money for mine first rarest press on palacio....or i've always prefered other boogaloo tracks to HR one....(like Mike Enesenat or Pepe Fernandez or Linares, Salas etc etc and paid top money for them) so buy a nice ver non to distance to the original for save some money...i think is very cool !!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert