Wiganer1

• Replies 18
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phoenix8049

this used to get plays at wigan pre-charting....not everyones cup of tea especially nowadays but...any one seen a copy on US???

I dont mean to correct you but the instrumental B Side was called Still On Fire.

i used to have a British Copy that was on Phillips

Social source share

I dont mean to correct you but the instrumental B Side was called Still On Fire.

i used to have a British Copy that was on Phillips

I don't know if that's what they meant or what? I mean, as you say, the instrumental is on the flip of every Philips copy of that 45 I've ever seen. Are they actually asking if anyone's ever seen the US press with the instrumental on the flip? Because the answer is pretty obviously yes I would have thought biggrin.gif

Social source share

I don't know if that's what they meant or what? I mean, as you say, the instrumental is on the flip of every Philips copy of that 45 I've ever seen. Are they actually asking if anyone's ever seen the US press with the instrumental on the flip? Because the answer is pretty obviously yes I would have thought biggrin.gif

5000 Volts had released several singles in the mid 1970s , but did not achieve success until radio stations began playing the B - side of their single " Bye Love ", which was " I'm On Fire " , "IOF " was released in its own right n 1975 - with the instrumental / backing track to the song on the B - side - which became a major hit throughout Europe , reaching at number 4 on the UK Chart ; and number 1 on the German and Swedish charts . It was released in the US -

" I'm On Fire " / "Still On Fire " ( 7" 45 RPM Single ) Philips # 40801 - where it peaked at number 26 on the Billboard chart .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Here's an interesting fact. Maybe. The actual singer of I'm On Fire was the girl once known as Karol Keyes who did a great version of One In A Million on UK Columbia and also did You Beat Me To The Punch on Fontana.

As for a US version - there must be one, a sizeable UK hit like that would have got a US release I should think

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Here's an interesting fact. Maybe. The actual singer of I'm On Fire was the girl once known as Karol Keyes who did a great version of One In A Million on UK Columbia and also did You Beat Me To The Punch on Fontana.

As for a US version - there must be one, a sizeable UK hit like that would have got a US release I should think

Karol Keyes was only the lead singer on tv appearances.

Tina Charles was the singer on the record.

they used Karol cause they thought it would promote the record better,

as they thought Tina Charles was not pretty enough.

she looked alright to me.

Stu

Social source share

5000 Volts - " I'm On Fire " / "Still On Fire " ( 7" 45 RPM Single ) US Philips # 40801

Malc Burton

Social source share

Here's a bit on Karol Keyes

https://www.mancheste...nd/bigsound.php

Apparently Basil Fawlty groped her bosom in an episode of Fawlty Towers...the lucky begger rolleyes.gif

Karol Keyes - real name Carol Hirsch - fronted 5000 Volts and appeared in the Fawlty Towers episode " The Psychiatrist " , as " Raylene Miles " under the stage name of Luan Peters .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

this used to get plays at wigan pre-charting....not everyones cup of tea especially nowadays but...any one seen a copy on US???

hatsoff2.gif

yes.gifjim gilstrap."im on fire" same as , woz played at wigan a few times..have a copy if you wanna see one, i,ll pop it on for ya gud dancer.cheers burt..oohh vocal version,it is. it wasn,t 5000 volts..@ wigan.

Edited by burt weed on
Social source share

Karol Keyes was only the lead singer on tv appearances.

Tina Charles was the singer on the record.

they used Karol cause they thought it would promote the record better,

as they thought Tina Charles was not pretty enough.

she looked alright to me.

Stu

Tina Charles had a great voice and was Welsh. She also brought out a solo single You Set My Heart On Fire with a great inst version on the flip. Is this the same record? Written and produced by the much under rated Biddu.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!