Funk, Rnb And Northern Rarities, Obscurities And Classics

Nice mixed selection here, some rare, some obscure and some classics but all quality!

Same deal as ever.....

Price includes postage

Payment by paypal only please.

Money back if you're not happy.

Will try to add links to refosoul files soon or add them on if they're not in refo yet later tonight.

Here we go......

Walter Godbold - Night Time Superman/Where Did You Get Them Red Shoes - Dodge. EX £250

Seems to be a totally unknown 45, I've asked a lot of people who are very knowledgable and nobody has ever seen or heard of this. Two great sides, up-tempo 60s funk dancer on the top side and a moody mid tempo stoner on the flip which is actually my preferred side, both a little 'leftfield' but with real appeal and potential.

Anna Belle Caesar - Little Annie - Vergara (Spanish 4 track EP). EX+ rsdio stamp on labels. £150

Floor filling monster that is always in demand on the northern and RnB scenes. Comes in gorgeous pic sleeve. Sleeve is VG+ no rips but reverse has radio stamp and writing on and also some staining.

Carl Holmes - Soul Dance No 3 - Blackjack. EX+ small scuff on flip label. £175

Nothing subtle about this, full on in yer face stormer that's been packing floors everywhere over the last year.

Bobbettes - Happy Go Lucky, Me - RCA Victor wdj. EX+ two tape stains on flip label. £75

Classic northern soul oldie, still sounding great.

Little Willie John - I'm Shakin - King. VG+ small sticker and name on label. £40

Looks bit below VG+ but plays really well. RnB killer and a total must have.

Impalas - Old Man Mose - Rite On. M- £40

Up tempo funk, as spun by Karl Heard and more recently Mick H.

Jimmy McCracklin - Get Back - Premium. EX+ £30

One of his best!

Bessie Banks - (You Should Have Been A) Doctor - Spokane. EX £45

Brilliant northern/RnB dancer.

Jamo Thomas - Stop The Baby - Conlo. EX+ £30

Been getting played again and getting a great reaction and so it should, quality record with a cheap price tag.

Little Dooley - You Better Be Ready/Runnin Wild - KoKo wdj. EX+ £90

Stunning white demo, ok so it's not the one with the rare flip but YBBR is a great track and well worth the price.

Ella Thomas & Dollets – Thing Called Love – GD&L. M- £200

Pristine copy of this hard to find 45. Grittty mid to up tempo northern dancer.

Hank Soul Man Mullen – He Upset Your Dreams – Audel. M- £175

Driving up-tempo funk edged dancer.

Ray Scott – Love Piled On Top Of Love – Decca dj. EX+ flip label has two Xs on. £125

Northern biggie, bit of a classic I suppose and the 'acceptable' face of RnB!!

Sugar and Sweet - You Don't Have To Cry - SSJ (pink label first press). M- £150

Brilliant RnB dancer.

Big Ella - The Queen - Rush. VG+ £120

Big demand for this in recent times and I've seen it sell for £250+. Vinyl is marked but it plays great and the price is a bargain. SOLD

Gene & Eddie - Sweet Little Girl - Ru Jac wdj. EX+ £50

Great record and a tough to find white demo.

Little Frankie Lee - I Gotta Come Back - Peacock. M- £70

Highly recommend this killer 45, gritty dancer that could really take off.

Kenneth & Delroy - Let Me Hold You Close - Steeltown. M- storage dish, NAP. £50

Been tipping this one for over 2 years and it's finally getting some deserved spins.

Chantells - Why Won't You Say - Soul Kitchen. M- £65 £30

Been seeing this appear on a few playlists and the price is starting to climb already...

Milton Floyd - Anyway I Can - RIM. M- £30.

70s uptempo funk dancer, superb.

Shin-Dig Smith and The Soul Shakers - Through Fooling Around - Pitter Pat. M- £75

Brilliant up tempo northern.

Junior Wells - The Things I'd Do For You - Chief. M- £40

RnB legend at his very best, pounding dancer. SOLD

Willis Wooten - Your Love Is Indescribably Delicious - Virtue. VG+ wol £40

Vinyl has lots of marks etc but plays brilliantly, heavy funk winner that is picking up interest. SOLD

Lulu Reed & Freddy King - You Can't Hide - Federal. M- £25

Top tune, which pretty much is all I need to say.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Top a da morning to ya Adam.hatsoff2.gif

Looks like my playlist...ranting_1.gif:) .

:thumbsup:

They're pretty much all out of my playbox Kev, need to raise a few ££s to pay for the new oven and dishwasher the wife wants. £1000 for an oven and dishwasher, tell you it's beyond a joke.....paper plates and McDonalds was my suggestion but that was met with the usual disapproving look :huh::lol:

Started to put in refosoul links for those that I can find in there....important to note they are for reference, records will play as I've graded them not as they are in refosoul. Will start uploading any that aren't yet in refosoul soon as well.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

laugh.gif

They're pretty much all out of my playbox Kev, need to raise a few ££s to pay for the new oven and dishwasher the wife wants. £1000 for an oven and dishwasher, tell you it's beyond a joke.....paper plates and McDonalds was my suggestion but that was met with the usual disapproving look laugh.giflaugh.gif

Can't she wait until after Rugby for the oven and dishwasher? sad.gif Little Dooley is tempting, although i'm broke as well... ph34r.gif

Social source share

Can't she wait until after Rugby for the oven and dishwasher? sad.gif Little Dooley is tempting, although i'm broke as well... ph34r.gif

She could, but I'd be sleeping in the garden until after Rugby if I suggested it :thumbsup:.

Don't worry mate, wasn't planning on playing most of these at Rugby.....I've done a selective cull of the playbox keeping hold of stuff I do want to play at Rugby. Just hoping some get sold or it will be round 2 of culling and that might not be quite so selective :)

Social source share

Morning all wave.gif

Junior Wells and Willis Wooten have been sold, enquiries and maybes on a couple of others but all still available.

Social source share

A friend has just pointed out that the Chantells is available elsewhere for a much more budget friendly price, oops should have picked up on that myself! So I've reduced the price to make mine cheaper, now £30 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!