Coppertops Soulnites - The 5Th Aniversary

Just thought I'd pop a quick post up to say a BIG THANKS to the 100 or so that turned up on Saturday night, April 3rd, to help us celebrate 5 years of the Coppertops Soulnites at the Coppertops Public House in Worcester.

It's nice to have people banging on the door at 7:50 asking has it started yet; it was either that or they were gasping for a pint.

Nige Brown is Mr Entertainment, he gave the Worcester crowd what they wanted, he's got so much to give.....

Here's to the sixth year and again thanks for the support :hatsoff2:

Steve, Rob, John & Don

P.S. We've Niel Rushton on in June and with that fella Chapman, the London bird Wallace and local radio star Mr Jerry Hipkiss coming in your ear there's still more great Soul nights to be had at the Coppertops; right, that's the promotioal stuff done.....

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We entered the room to see a great friendly crowd , this place is always so welcoming it almost feels like visiting a relative they make you feel very much at home. Add to that seeing some great chums , in Bev John and Stella and Lee and his Mrs made it kind of special and then getting a big surprise in seeing Hippo & Neil.

The sounds were varied and entertaining and the crowd loved them all . It was a very hot night , so hot I wondererd if it should be named the copper kettle , it was boiling. a few tunes in and my hair was soaked !

Special tunes for me was Girl from a country town and Deon Jacksons Owee baby I can't live without you which Nige knows I love

and have been trying to prize out of him.

A light buffet ended the night to a famished crowd lol and everyone went home happy .

I could visibly see Nige was having a ball as he turned into a disco bunny for easter :tumbleweed3:

Near the end Lloydy gave me two of his special Cd's ...saying you will like these :D how right he was.

Edited by Carms

Guest vinylvixen

the London bird Wallace and local radio star Mr Jerry Hipkiss coming in your ear

Now that is something people will pay to see....laugh.gif Will Jerry be standing on a ladder rolleyes.gif Ahhhh - I see what you mean, not that sort of......I'll get my coat onto.gif See you soon xxx

Just thought I'd pop a quick post up to say a BIG THANKS to the 100 or so that turned up on Saturday night, April 3rd, to help us celebrate 5 years of the Coppertops Soulnites at the Coppertops Public House in Worcester.

It's nice to have people banging on the door at 7:50 asking has it started yet; it was either that or they were gasping for a pint.

Nige Brown is Mr Entertainment, he gave the Worcester crowd what they wanted, he's got so much to give.....

Here's to the sixth year and again thanks for the support thumbsup.gif

Steve, Rob, John & Don

P.S. We've Niel Rushton on in June and with that fella Chapman, the London bird Wallace and local radio star Mr Jerry Hipkiss coming in your ear there's still more great Soul nights to be had at the Coppertops; right, that's the promotioal stuff done.....

Guys, congratulations on getting to the 5 year mark, it's not surprising though, what with a great dj lineup every time plus a loyal crowd, glad i persuaded Jerry to put his book down and come out for a soulful evening in worcester. Great to see and chat to Paul Davis, Nige & Carms. Martyn & Sue Taylor,Mel Nichols, and boy did Nige read the crowd right, a superb mixed set, as did the coppertops residents too.

I very much enjoyed the evening, great to see quite a few from Cheltenham and gloucester making the trip up.

Some great DJs lined up for the rest of this year, so expect to see me there again.

well done once again

Neil

Guys, congratulations on getting to the 5 year mark, it's not surprising though, what with a great dj lineup every time plus a loyal crowd, glad I persuaded Jerry to put his book down and come out for a soulful evening in Worcester.

Neil

I didn't take much persuading though did I? 7.40 Saturday evening I'm resigned to an early night, then the phone goes and thirty minutes later we're heading for the M5 for a great night with great people - thanks Rob, John, Don and Lloydee! Great to see Carms, looking very sophisticated, Nige's spot was excellent (I expected nothing else!), and I counted at least 14 Chelt/Glos crowd in there, and as Sue T remarked, at least six or seven Soulfusion dj's!

Thanks all, especially to Neil for getting me there and back!

Jerry.

Just wanna say a massive THANK YOU to Steve, Rob, John & Don for such a fantastic night and WELL DONE on reacing FIVE YEARS a real achievment considering how busy the seen is!!

I jokingly said to Steve at Prestatyn " Ive got so much to give ,,, and your gonna get it!! ",, but it was the OTHER WAY ROUND,,,, the crowd were fantastic and really up for a Great Night and hopefully between us all thats what happened!!

Lovely to see Neil Self and Jerry " the master" Hipkiss in attedance to!!thumbsup.gif

I knew we were in for a good night when Lloydee greeted us on the door,,,,,, he was wearin a DARK SHIRT!! ( in fact a very fetching off the shoulder number actualll!! )laugh.gif

I also wanna say for then that were there Don "Lord Attenborough" was on his knees ajusting the amps while i was DJing,,,, err NOTHING ELSE!! AND Oh yeah ne DOES have a T Rex!!!yes.giflaugh.gif

Long may you reighn in Worcester lads,, we had a ball!!

Il be back!!

Love n Soul

Nige Bhatsoff2.gif

Guest Glawster

Left Gloucester @ 19.31 precisely(time noted) as Owen was still chuntering on about having to rush out of his hot bath!ohmy.gif

Short trip up the M5 with Sue driving myself ,Owen and Alison accompanied by one of her rare Motown CDs -Nice choonage,getting us in the mood for what turned out to be a cracking night of Soul and top company, as Nige pointed out a cheerful Mr LLoyd greeted us at the door and set the tone for the rest of the night.

A quick peruse through the sales box then onto the business end and as usual the choons coming from the decks never dissappointed. Spent some time yakking to John about some nice RnB stuff he'd played and also a couple on my wants list ,that has also so far eluded him to!

Then after a few more west country ziders , i recall placing an order for a Virgil Henry with Don "the Knowledge" Palmer - His words were'"dont thinnk I gotta spare but you never know!" Top man,always always has a smile on his face and always ready to share his knowledge!Psst dont tell him but he aint bad behind the decks tooph34r.gif !

Great to catch up with Nige again so soon after Prestatyn and as Steve pointed out Mr Entertainer certainly delivered!

Rob was playing when we got in to quite a few punters,which going on first is always nice to see - Steve kicked of his set with Little Sonnys Wade in the water a track we had previously discussed(good luck with finding the elusive 3rd recording!) - Took a few pics but also noted Bev and Nige were taking a few too,be nice to see them on the website or the gallery here.(Actually they might be on as Ive not looked DOH!)

Soulfusion DJs did make up a few in the crowd but 1 notable absentee DJ was Rob Adams(get back to full health soon mate!) and of course Julie - Hope the knee's getting there for Newquay Rob!

See you all soon.

post-11061-12705723164733_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12705724174075_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1270572509493_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12705725574477_thumb.jpg

post-11061-127057263261_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12705723164733_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12705724174075_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1270572509493_thumb.jpg

post-11061-12705725574477_thumb.jpg

post-11061-127057263261_thumb.jpg

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Sorry it's taken a while to post peeps but just had to say "top, top night"

Thats what you call across the board....!

Honour to be your driver for the evening Mr Brown even though you did try to get me to go through a RED LIGHT.....!

Great people, Great music & yet another place on my travels that i will make a point of revisiting & thanks to Niel Self for accepting my appology.

Heres' to your next 5 years.

The Git

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Apoligies for the "slight" delay in replying but dont move house if your with BT :ranting_1:

Anyway first time at Coppertops and very impressed. A good atmosphere & some quality tunes, well worth the drive from Swindon

It made me chuckle as when I lived in Worcester 16 years ago I would have only had a 20 minute stagger home from Coppertops to the Comer Road whistling

"I shall return" :thumbup:

All the best

Dave