NEV

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just got home from a top day/night at York soul club and heard this on the radio

https://www.elipaperboyreed.com/

Very retro sounding young fella .......don't think it'll be long before theyre playing this in the more commercial soul venues ehthumbsup.gif

certainly beats Duffy :laugh:

nice! heres my fav eli track , could also see this being played in the more RnB / mod style venues , lyrics are amazing too!!

Social source share

nice! heres my fav eli track , could also see this being played in the more RnB / mod style venues , lyrics are amazing too!!

Hi Soulgirl ...i might be wrong here but i think posting mp3's of a current song is against house rules:yes:

Social source share

post-3850-12704759951281_thumb.jpg

"A retro look for a retro sound".

My company (Selecta) is doing the mastering and custom pressing of the new Eli Reed 45 for Capitol/EMI USA.

This retro label version is for the forthcoming UK / EU tour and will also be used by EMI in the US for advance promotion. After that it will get a general release in the US on Capitol and in the UK on Parlophone - as will the new album.

This particular design isn't the one I liked most but Eli and his people preferred it.

Copies will be available late April.

Social source share

"A retro look for a retro sound".

My company (Selecta) is doing the mastering and custom pressing of the new Eli Reed 45 for Capitol/EMI USA.

This retro label version is for the forthcoming UK / EU tour and will also be used by EMI in the US for advance promotion. After that it will get a general release in the US on Capitol and in the UK on Parlophone - as will the new album.

This particular design isn't the one I liked most but Eli and his people preferred it.

Copies will be available late April.

Will it be coming out on a promo copy Paul and can i have a few dozen pre-salewhistling.gif

Social source share

Will it be coming out on a promo copy Paul and can i have a few dozen pre-salewhistling

Sorry Nev, I'm not doing any promo copies but I think this "retro version" will be pretty collectable. Only 1000 copies will be sold, the rest will be used by EMI in the US for advance promotion of the general release.

I should have test pressings here later this week.

By the way, these new tracks are produced by Mike Elizondo and have a nice early '70s soul feel, a bit more commercial than Eli's usual stuff (which I love). I'll upload a clip of 'Come And Get It' later but you can hear it on Eli's website and on the Capitol EMI site.

And for those on facebook you should add Eli as a friend and get more news and tour dates etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert