Bobby Hebb

Eddyw

ive had this once before on phillips 40551 - us issue, but it had a bitch of a hiss on it , i have been told that there is quite a lot of these about with a hiss on , is it just on the us styrene release. also was this released on vinyl in the us .

what release is phillips 1702- is it british, also are there any european releases about with out the hiss, any info would help , thanks

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

bf 1702 is the uk copy with great fidelity. dont know of any european release. im afraid its pot luck with the usa release. never seen a vinyl usa copy the majority of issues & demos do seem to hiss alto there are good copies around

dave

Social source share

thanks dave , bf 1702 will look out for that, whats the going price on that , never seen one for sale , so i aint got a clue on the price thanks Eddy

I know that this is Love Love Love, & the U.S.A. copy is Styrene, However the Canadian Copy is Vinyl

I wonder if a Canadian Copy exists for you want to change me guessing there's a good chance.

[

Posted info:

Philips_PH-40400.gif

Social source share

come to think of it i think you want to change me came out in canada although i may have seen the one copy. it looked like a uk copy with a big hole and a usa catalogue number im 99.9% certaing.gifand in my experiences the canadian philips 45`s from the 60`s are vinyl. ive seen a mint usa issue recently for £100 but i think that too dear even for one that doesnt hiss. i would say £60 in any format that plays well and bugger all if it hisseswink.gif

dave

Social source share

ive had this once before on phillips 40551 - us issue, but it had a bitch of a hiss on it , i have been told that there is quite a lot of these about with a hiss on , is it just on the us styrene release. also was this released on vinyl in the us .

what release is phillips 1702- is it british, also are there any european releases about with out the hiss, any info would help , thanks

Yes mine is a mint white demo & sounds terrible.

Daryl

Social source share

All USA demos and issues I have seen of this release have been styrene.

If you are lucky, a copy that has not been played more than a couple of times will play ok.

After several plays they can quickly develop a hiss.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest tomaokeh

I didn't know anything about this problem when I got my copy - back in 198? at Clifton Hallno.gif

Good job for me then that it was a UK copy ehbiggrin.gif

I don't think it was getting plays anywhere then though, it was quite a few years after that that I started to see it on play lists.

Had two copies over the years both on U.S. both with the hiss would not touch another The British ones are the best if you see one

Social source share

Edited by mossy
Social source share

thanks for all the info being posted , it helps alot , a green us issue is this right , all i have seen is blue usa issue ,

so to be sure i get one thats plays ok is , the british issue is the one to go for ?

or a green us issue , which could have a hiss ? , to be honest its just pot luck with any usa issues, thanks Eddy

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Heres a pic of my copy, as you can see the label has been put on twice but plays great no hiss at al.l post-4026-12705506134976_thumb.jpg

cheers Ralph

Social source share

usa issue is blue and not green or at least ive never seen a green one of this or any other usa philips release? my copy is uk bought from mick smith in 1990 for £20 it was mint tho. played at morcambe tho could have been played before. i have an NME magazine from sept 1968 where derek johnson reveiws the uk release and he thought it was poor with no chance of being a hit but he also says that about carl carlton competion issued on action the same week biggrin.gif.the man obviously had no idea

dave

Social source share

usa issue is blue and not green or at least ive never seen a green one of this or any other usa philips release? my copy is uk bought from mick smith in 1990 for £20 it was mint tho. played at morcambe tho could have been played before. i have an NME magazine from sept 1968 where derek johnson reveiws the uk release and he thought it was poor with no chance of being a hit but he also says that about carl carlton competion issued on action the same week :D.the man obviously had no idea

dave

Forget about that green issue thing - i was thinking about bloody bobby sheen !!!

and i did have an import of bobby hebb - and it hissed like a snake

late night etc

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Interesting topic this mate raised previously in here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/64642-bobby-hebb-you-want-to-change-me-philips/page__p__676805__fromsearch__1entry676805

Sold this to a girl in Italy on Ebay and she filed a complaint with PayPal and I had to take it back.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!