Eli Paperboy Read

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Listen out for a new track I'm playing on Signal, Solar etc on Capitol/EMI by Eli Paperboy Reed titled Come and Get It.

Brand new and the Dogs B*******

Released on May 10. A stormer!

Your too late Kev....cats already out of the bag:yes:

Posted about this in look at your box yesterdaythumbsup.gif and followed up by Paul Mooney with the relevant details:smile:

Social source share

Listen out for a new track I'm playing on Signal, Solar etc on Capitol/EMI by Eli Paperboy Reed titled Come and Get It.

Brand new and the Dogs B*******

Released on May 10. A stormer!

Hello Kev,

Glad to hear you're playing it. Radio 2 are onto it too.

My company Selecta is mastering and pressing this 45 for Capitol/EMI USA. I should have copies here late next week.

The "retro label" version is for the forthcoming UK and EU tour and copies will also be used by Capitol/EMI in the US for advance promotion. After that it will get a regular issue on US Capitol and UK Parlophone - as will Eli's new LP of course.

As there's so much interest, I'll ask if I can put a box aside to sell to soulsource members etc. If anyone is interested please mail me at selrec@ntlworld.com

Anyone on facebook can link with www.facebook.com/elipaperboyreed and www.facebook.com/millbrand for more news and tour dates etc.

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Guest stevejan

Hello Kev,

Glad to hear you're playing it. Radio 2 are onto it too.

My company Selecta is mastering and pressing this 45 for Capitol/EMI USA. I should have copies here late next week.

The "retro label" version is for the forthcoming UK and EU tour and copies will also be used by Capitol/EMI in the US for advance promotion. After that it will get a regular issue on US Capitol and UK Parlophone - as will Eli's new LP of course.

As there's so much interest, I'll ask if I can put a box aside to sell to soulsource members etc. If anyone is interested please mail me at selrec@ntlworld.com

Anyone on facebook can link with www.facebook.com/elipaperboyreed and www.facebook.com/millbrand for more news and tour dates etc.

Best regards,

Paul

Seriously impresive voice this guy has...and a white guy !!!..if you close your eyes and listen there's more than a hint of 60s blues/soul singers ...gotta buy some of this guys output,(bloody good backing band too)

Social source share

Seriously impresive voice this guy has...and a white guy !!!..if you close your eyes and listen there's more than a hint of 60s blues/soul singers ...gotta buy some of this guys output,(bloody good backing band too)

Hello Steve,

Eli's last album, Roll With You, should easily convince anyone of his natural soul talent. It was released by Q Division in 2008 and they also did a limited vinyl LP edition.

My own favourites are "It's Easier", "Am I Just Fooling Myself" and "Am I Wasting My Time". "It's Easier" was also issued on a limited 45.

I've known Eli for more than five years but I tipped him for major success in 2007 when I thought he and his band had really developed. I wanted to issue a 45 on Selecta/Shotgun in 2007 but it didn't happen because he was starting to get serious attention from the major labels.

It's wonderful that Capitol/EMI have signed him. He's only 26 and he has the whole world at his feet.

Social source share

Sounds good choon, sounds good for Paperboy's future too thumbsup.gif

Let's hope we don't treat it like we have Duffy etc who got commecial :yes:

Its a funny old world this northern soul world :hypo:

Social source share

Hello Steve,

Eli's last album, Roll With You, should easily convince anyone of his natural soul talent. It was released by Q Division in 2008 and they also did a limited vinyl LP edition.

My own favourites are "It's Easier", "Am I Just Fooling Myself" and "Am I Wasting My Time". "It's Easier" was also issued on a limited 45.

I've known Eli for more than five years but I tipped him for major success in 2007 when I thought he and his band had really developed. I wanted to issue a 45 on Selecta/Shotgun in 2007 but it didn't happen because he was starting to get serious attention from the major labels.

It's wonderful that Capitol/EMI have signed him. He's only 26 and he has the whole world at his feet.

I DJed with him back in 2005 and he would sing along with every record he played like his life depended on it. He's too busy now to be around the Boston scene as much but he sometimes comes back to guest DJ at a soul night. I'm glad he's getting the exposure he deserves. i would love to get a copy of the 45 you're putting out for him.

I'm also starting a label called Cultures of Soul and our first release is by a Boston soul group from the 70s called Original Black Sheep of the Family. You can check it out here:

www.culturesofsoulrecords.com

Social source share

I have had the pleasure and priviledge of seeing this guy twice last year in Manchester. First time at the Ruby Lounge and 2nd time around at Manchester Academy 3 and both times I was absolutely blown away. Just the tightest, sweetest sound you can imagine and probably the most authentic sounding "retro" soul I have ever heard. Imagine a combination of Otis Redding and James Carr and your there.

Sadly I cant make this years dates as my beloved Forest have a play off date on the 12th but if you haven't seen this guy before you really should give yourself a treat....highly highly reccomended

heres the UK tour dates

05/10/2010, Scala, London, GB

05/12/2010, Manchester Academy, Manchester, GB

05/13/2010, Great Escape Festival, Brighton, GB

05/14/2010, O2 Academy Birmingham, Birmingham, GB

05/15/2010, Oran Mor,Glasgow,

05/17/2010, The Bongo Club, Edinburgh, GB

05/18/2010, Speakeasy, Belfast, IE

05/19/2010, Academy Dublin,Dublin, IE

Social source share

Guest marion

first heard this a few weeks ago on 6 music - craig charles show, then heard it on radio 1 a couple of weekends ago

Also played at soul esence which was nice..............album is good

Social source share

first heard this a few weeks ago on 6 music - craig charles show, then heard it on radio 1 a couple of weekends ago

Also played at soul esence which was nice..............album is good

Yes, I think Mike Charlton played it, amongst others. Sounds like it was a good weekend.

Social source share

His new album arrived yesterday at the record store I work in and HOLY SHIT! I really liked his previous album and he's great live, but this new album is bloody astonishing! Have listened to it 5 times already today. The opening cover of Frank Lynch's "Young Girl" (!) was a nice surprise and it's fantastic. Too many faves to name them all, but "I Found You Out", the single mentioned above and the ballad "Pick A Number" are all great. I'm absolutely loving this. What a breath a fresh air! :yes::D:yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!