Bury Town Hall - Tonite 30Th April

Here It Is !!! The Second Installment of ULTIMATE SOUL.......

Bank Holiday Friday 30th April

ULTIMATE SOUL! More Rooms More Dj's More Soul!

Main Hall - Northern Soul from Wigan to the Wheel, Mecca, Stafford, Torch, Va Va's and More

Lancaster Suite - The Orwell Crew Present Crossover and Little Lable Soul from the late 60's 70's and beyond

Peel Room - TSOP Lives On with Quality Nu Soul, RnB and Soulful Grooves

DJ's include Ginger Taylor - Bob Hinsley - Robbo - Julian Bentley - Flanny - Mick Howard -

Kev Murphy - Dean Johnson - Pete Everett - Baz Maleady - Steve Connor - Mark Grice -

Steve Plumb - Les Harrison - Ged Lunt and Dave Lucas.

Three great rooms, three great sound systems, quality tunage and great people ....all in one night!

The last one was a top night dont miss it!

The night runs 9pm thru 4am admission £10 on the door or £8.00 in advance, book now at soulmusic.co.uk or ontherealside.co.uk

ULTIMATE

SOUL

FRIDAY

30th April

9PM "4AM £10 OTD

£8.00 in Advance

@ ontherealside.co.uk

More Rooms!

More DJ's!

More Soul!

Bury Town Hall, Knowsley St Bury, BL9 0SW ontherealside.co.uk

BURY

Town Hall

post-2537-12706564421484_thumb.jpg

Edited by BazM
  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Baz

Going to be a brilliant night yet again.

3 great rooms with some fabulous tunes in each of them.

Can't wait to spin a few new tunes that have recently arrivedthumbsup.gifbiggrin.gif

Julian

You at it again Matey? Gotta say some TOP tunage spun at the last one...........thumbsup.gif

Here It Is !!! The Second Installment of ULTIMATE SOUL.......

Bank Holiday Friday 30th April

ULTIMATE SOUL! More Rooms More Dj's More Soul!

Main Hall - Northern Soul from Wigan to the Wheel, Mecca, Stafford, Torch, Va Va's and More

Lancaster Suite - The Orwell Crew Present Crossover and Little Lable Soul from the late 60's 70's and beyond

Peel Room - TSOP Lives On with Quality Nu Soul, RnB and Soulful Grooves

DJ's include Ginger Taylor - Bob Hinsley - Robbo - Julian Bentley - Flanny - Mick Howard -

Kev Murphy - Dean Johnson - Pete Everett - Baz Maleady - Steve Connor - Mark Grice -

Steve Plumb - Les Harrison - Ged Lunt and Dave Lucas.

Three great rooms, three great sound systems, quality tunage and great people ....all in one night!

The last one was a top night dont miss it!

The night runs 9pm thru 4am admission £10 on the door or £8.00 in advance, book now at soulmusic.co.uk or ontherealside.co.uk

ULTIMATE

SOUL

FRIDAY

30th April

9PM "4AM £10 OTD

£8.00 in Advance

@ ontherealside.co.uk

More Rooms!

More DJ's!

More Soul!

Bury Town Hall, Knowsley St Bury, BL9 0SW ontherealside.co.uk

BURY

Town Hall

looking forward to this already,three days off work to recover afterwards as well,can't be bad thumbsup.gif

looking forward to this already,three days off work to recover afterwards as well,can't be bad thumbsup.gif

Nice one Mick........ needed that myself after the last one especially after running between three rooms........gonna have to slow down

Guest recordman

Yooza yooza yooza: what a way to start the bank holiday with three rooms covering every possible nuance of quality rare soul-get your bad selves down there you big cherry bakewells!

dean

Well said O great one ! I certainly enjoyed spinning at the last one lots of faces from my old Lowton days

plus the tunes were of a high calibre in every room my thanks go to Dave Lucas and his tip on The Relatives album

Here is my top 5 from the last event

TK Murray Brown Sugar Street Soul Brilliant ! ( If you've not got this track yet pick it up soon coz there aint many left ) go to www. streetsoulrecords.com ) or off Steve Plumb on the night

Annette Poindexter Wayward Dream Twinight

Copeland Davis Morning Spring Regalia

Curtis Mayfield No Thing On Me Album Track

Sharon McMahan Get Out Of My Life Columbia

Hope to see lots of you down there a week on Friday

Well said O great one ! I certainly enjoyed spinning at the last one lots of faces from my old Lowton days

plus the tunes were of a high calibre in every room my thanks go to Dave Lucas and his tip on The Relatives album

Here is my top 5 from the last event

TK Murray Brown Sugar Street Soul Brilliant ! ( If you've not got this track yet pick it up soon coz there aint many left ) go to www. streetsoulrecords.com ) or off Steve Plumb on the night

Annette Poindexter Wayward Dream Twinight

Copeland Davis Morning Spring Regalia

Curtis Mayfield No Thing On Me Album Track

Sharon McMahan Get Out Of My Life Columbia

Hope to see lots of you down there a week on Friday

Ooohhh nice one Steve......some tasty tunage there Matey deffo maintaining the 'Orwell' standards there.

Here's few of my main room spins of late, will post of my 'cookin with crossover' selections soon as

Big Bazzas Ballroom Blitzers

Marty Lewis - Cant Do Without You - Big Deal.....New Orleans Drivin Soul

Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery - Groovy..... Groovy indeed finially filling the floors

Bobby Treetop - So Sweet, So Satisfyin' Tuff....Definitely TUFF, and tuff enough to do d'business great tune!

The Webs - Give In - Popside....ridin' on the back of Danny White this is a powerhouse dancer of the first order

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Tell Me - Dap-Tone..... Nu Soul? no just great soul! Seen this Lady live and she definitely deserves the support of UK soul fans....... dont leave it 30 years to give her rightful recognition.........Brilliant Stuff !

Dance, Dance, Dance........

I think the 5 tunes that I played which got the biggest dancefloor reaction where;-

Lou Pride - I'm cummin home in the mornun - Suemi

Cecil Washington - I don't like to lose - Prophonics

Jim Gilstrap - Run Run Run - Bell

Blendels - You need love - Dontee

Tamala Lewis - You won't say nothing - Marton

But with my memory, I could be completely wrong!!!!sad.gif

Anyway, got a few new ones for next Friday, so hopefully these will do the trick as well and get the feet movingthumbup.gif

See you next Friday

Julian

Ooohhh nice one Steve......some tasty tunage there Matey deffo maintaining the 'Orwell' standards there.

Here's few of my main room spins of late, will post of my 'cookin with crossover' selections soon as

Big Bazzas Ballroom Blitzers

Marty Lewis - Cant Do Without You - Big Deal.....New Orleans Drivin Soul

Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery - Groovy..... Groovy indeed finially filling the floors

Bobby Treetop - So Sweet, So Satisfyin' Tuff....Definitely TUFF, and tuff enough to do d'business great tune!

The Webs - Give In - Popside....ridin' on the back of Danny White this is a powerhouse dancer of the first order

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Tell Me - Dap-Tone..... Nu Soul? no just great soul! Seen this Lady live and she definitely deserves the support of UK soul fans....... dont leave it 30 years to give her rightful recognition.........Brilliant Stuff !

Dance, Dance, Dance........

Big bazza's ballroom blitzers!!!!here's some micksmix main room mooovers

monguito santamaria "hey sister" Fania (powerhouse latin soul)

Rudy Love "sufferin' wrath" Canyon (oozes atmosphere from the first note)

Lee Rogers "love and war" Wheelsville (detroit magic)

Little Johnny Hamilton "oh how I love you" Dore (west coast revival)

Bernard Williams "it's needless to say" Harthon (station road classic)

April 30th beckons can't wait !!!

Edited by micksmix
Guest recordman

Start the weekend off with some guaranteed quality

BURY TOWN HALL offers a mother lode of something for everyone

So Take Command !! and Star Your Bank Holiday Weekend Coz The Action Starts Here !

The Peoples Collective of Bury summon all culteral type cats to the Town Hall on Friday May 30 to enjoy a sumptuous feast of soul music, babycham, leather soled shoes, almond fancies, and more soul music under the orchestration of our great leader Uncle Molotov Maleedy.

remember:

WHEN THE LAST CAPATALIST HAS BEEN STRANGLED WITH THE INTESTINES OF THE LAST BUREAUCRAT

THEN CHERRY BLOSSOMS WILL BLOOM IN OUR MINDS

Did I mention this is another one of my birthday parties?

Dean

The Peoples Collective of Bury summon all culteral type cats to the Town Hall on Friday May 30 to enjoy a sumptuous feast of soul music, babycham, leather soled shoes, almond fancies, and more soul music under the orchestration of our great leader Uncle Molotov Maleedy.

remember:

WHEN THE LAST CAPATALIST HAS BEEN STRANGLED WITH THE INTESTINES OF THE LAST BUREAUCRAT

THEN CHERRY BLOSSOMS WILL BLOOM IN OUR MINDS

t

Did I mention this is another one of my birthday parties?

Dean

yes another cracker on the cards,let's hope they all turn up on APRIL 30th though.........biggrin.gif only a week to go can't wait

I think the 5 tunes that I played which got the biggest dancefloor reaction where;-

Lou Pride - I'm cummin home in the mornun - Suemi

Cecil Washington - I don't like to lose - Prophonics

Jim Gilstrap - Run Run Run - Bell

Blendels - You need love - Dontee

Tamala Lewis - You won't say nothing - Marton

But with my memory, I could be completely wrong!!!!sad.gif

This should jog the 'old' grey matter J

post-2537-12721095474706_thumb.jpg

post-2537-12721096073221_thumb.jpg

post-2537-12721095474706_thumb.jpg

post-2537-12721096073221_thumb.jpg

yes another cracker on the cards,let's hope they all turn up on APRIL 30th though.........biggrin.gif only a week to go can't wait

Sos Bazza but I'm obviously too excited. Still if it makes you fell better I've never missed gig in 27 years of playing out for money. Top 5's to follow most shortly my little battenberg

dean

Edited by dean jj

Speaking to Mr Hinsley last night at Blackburn and prised his top five current spins for Friday in the Northern Room out of him...........

Johnny James Tell You About My Girl

George Jackson Dont Use Me

Districts One Lover

Harrison Brothers Run For My Life

Eddie Kendicks Date With The Rain

Quality all the way, as usual from Bob, no doubt there'll be few more tasty tunes thrown in for good measure. Now need to get hold of that Robbo bloke smile.gif Watch this space!

Speaking to Mr Hinsley last night at Blackburn and prised his top five current spins for Friday in the Northern Room out of him...........

Johnny James Tell You About My Girl

George Jackson Dont Use Me

Districts One Lover

Harrison Brothers Run For My Life

Eddie Kendicks Date With The Rain

Quality all the way, as usual from Bob, no doubt there'll be few more tasty tunes thrown in for good measure. Now need to get hold of that Robbo bloke smile.gif Watch this space!

put the last of the flyers out at lifeline,loads of interest for friday,a fantastic way to start the bank holiday weekend,is plumby bringing the spencer wiggins unissued "at the breaking point"? worth the admission fee for that alone.......!!

put the last of the flyers out at lifeline,loads of interest for friday,a fantastic way to start the bank holiday weekend,is plumby bringing the spencer wiggins unissued "at the breaking point"? worth the admission fee for that alone.......!!

Nice One Mick..........Plumby and Spencer Wiggins are inseparable at the moment, so it's fairly safe to say they'll both be there on Friday and like you say it's not often a tune comes along with sooo much promise but SW is definitely gonna be a MONSTER! :yes:

Ginger Taylor Featured Tracks For Bury Town Hall............. This Friday

If You Want To Hold On - J.T. Parker

Dont Play That Role - Tommy and The Darbys

Do The Pearl Girl - Matta Baby

Rainy Day - Parliments

Life Saver - Stormy Winter

Not bad for a beginner :laugh:

Ginger Taylor Featured Tracks For Bury Town Hall............. This Friday

If You Want To Hold On - J.T. Parker

Dont Play That Role - Tommy and The Darbys

Do The Pearl Girl - Matta Baby

Rainy Day - Parliments

Life Saver - Stormy Winter

Not bad for a beginner laugh.gif

"do the pearl girl" seems to be having a bit of a revival,fantastic instrumental from the early days!!

"do the pearl girl" seems to be having a bit of a revival,fantastic instrumental from the early days!!

As long as you dont put the 'A' side on by mistake.........that would be an end of DJing career moment....:D (actaully might flip it over while he's not lookin' on Friday) thumbsup.gif:ph34r:

Sorry for the delay folks-

Here's 5 spins for this Friday in The Orwell Room

Reo Lane - Give me your love (Ockers keeps telling me to keep playing this little beauty, so I will!)

Inell Young - What do you see in her (Funky monster currently being repatriated into the Soul rooms)

Real Thing - Stone Cold Love Affair (Everyone and their dog is playing this at the moment - woof!)

Spencer Wiggins - I'm at the breaking point (As mentioned above - worth the entrance fee alone! WILL be a fookin Crossover MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!)

Viola Wills - I've got news for you (This could be played in the Northern Room too methinks!)

And I'd like to hear these in the TSOP room please-

Amar Khalil - Born Again (2009)

Mike Jemison - Call on me (2010)

Maika Watson - Some Kinda Love (2009)

Elton Franklin - I Got It (2009)

Jonathan Butler - So Strong (2010)

Cheers

Steve

Top five for the Orwell room or room 101 as Bury Town Hall's caretaker calls it:

ELRIDGE HOLMES 'WORRIED OVER YOU'

ALBERT JONES 'FIFTEEN CENT LOVE'

THE DELFONICS 'I TOLD YOU SO'

PEARL DOWELL 'IT'S ALL OVER'

AUDERY ROYAL 'SUPER SEXY SOUL MAN'

I'm please that Helmut Von Plumb the worlds greatest Zepplin pilot likes the Viola Wills 45 I played last time. Modern room 5 to follow later.

cheers

dean

Guest recordman

Top five for the Orwell room or room 101 as Bury Town Hall's caretaker calls it:

ALBERT JONES 'FIFTEEN CENT LOVE' wonderful tuneage

Looking forward to Friday Night

ELRIDGE HOLMES 'WORRIED OVER YOU'

ALBERT JONES 'FIFTEEN CENT LOVE'

THE DELFONICS 'I TOLD YOU SO'

PEARL DOWELL 'IT'S ALL OVER'

AUDERY ROYAL 'SUPER SEXY SOUL MAN'

I'm please that Helmut Von Plumb the worlds greatest Zepplin pilot likes the Viola Wills 45 I played last time. Modern room 5 to follow later.

cheers

dean

Managed to track down the 'Shorted' one :D Although this could now be a fashion statement of the past as I witnessed him in a SUIT at Radcliffe! Vey smart too I might add.............

Anyway Robbo looking forward to playing these amongst others on Friday in the main room

Buddy Lamp You've Got The Loving Touch Jack Montgomery Dont Turn Your Back On Me Luther Ingram Run For Your Life Exits I Dont Want To Hear It Johnny Moore Lonley Heart In The City

Qualidee..........

Now then now then.....5 Modern Room novo-TSOP movers for fantastic Friday:

DALLAS WHITE 'WHAT MORE'

GORDON NELSON 'WHEN'

ELEMENTS OF JAZZ 'LOVE IS HERE'

JOYO VELARDE 'CERTAIN SPECIAL WAY'

ELTON FRANKLIN 'A BETTA MAN'

and an extra oldie one for the Parkers massive

BY ALL MEANS 'SAY YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE ME'

Get down with the uptown crowd at big bold Bury

dean

ok 5 orwellian orbitor,s for friday night

jessie gomez...........lace

relatives.............leave something worthwhile

delicates.............you say you love me

moon williams........suspicous love

e j and the echoes...........you put a smile on my face

them along with quite a few others looking to be a night of quality tuneage in all

rooms.

deffo the place to be on friday night

and really looking forward to it

regards

dave lucas

Edited by trafficmaster

Managed to track down the 'Shorted' one :D Although this could now be a fashion statement of the past as I witnessed him in a SUIT at Radcliffe! Vey smart too I might add.............

Anyway Robbo looking forward to playing these amongst others on Friday in the main room

Buddy Lamp You've Got The Loving Touch Jack Montgomery Dont Turn Your Back On Me Luther Ingram Run For Your Life Exits I Dont Want To Hear It Johnny Moore Lonley Heart In The City

Qualidee..........

well,soon come round,records packed ready for tomorrow,a real varied selection of mouth watering tunes looking at the playlists so far,gonna be good

Now then now then.....5 Modern Room novo-TSOP movers for fantastic Friday:

DALLAS WHITE 'WHAT MORE'

GORDON NELSON 'WHEN'

ELEMENTS OF JAZZ 'LOVE IS HERE'

JOYO VELARDE 'CERTAIN SPECIAL WAY'

ELTON FRANKLIN 'A BETTA MAN'

and an extra oldie one for the Parkers massive

BY ALL MEANS 'SAY YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE ME'

Get down with the uptown crowd at big bold Bury

dean

Nice one Dean that 'By All Means' sounded fantastic at the lest night in Feb.....Excellent Modern Room selection there Matey

ok 5 orwellian orbitor,s for friday night

jessie gomez...........lace

relatives.............leave something worthwhile

delicates.............you say you love me

moon williams........suspicous love

e j and the echoes...........you put a smile on my face

them along with quite a few others looking to be a night of quality tuneage in all

rooms.

deffo the place to be on friday night

and really looking forward to it

regards

dave lucas

Nice 'Dab Of Soul' there Mate more good tunage for the Orwell Room........deffo a 'Crossover Friday' thumbsup.gif

Just thought I'd run through the checklist for Friday to make sure I have let everyone know what the gig is about.........

ULTIMATE SOUL is aimed at people who love soul music and like going to soul nights but with the option to dance till 4am if they want to

Every effort has been made to deliver what it says on the tin, or in this case flyer smile.gif . Three rooms, all playing soul music but each one with a special 'flavour'. There are 14 DJ's booked to play, all of whom are dedicated to soul music but more importantly take pride and pleasure in entertaining the people they play for.

The main room is mainly oldies but with a smattering of rarer sounds and all played from vinyl. The second room is the 'Orwell' room, which is a continuation of the Crossover and 70's soul nights from the Orwell in Wigan, with the same DJ team along with special guests who I believe, understand the crowd and their tastes.

The third room is the Modern Room, which is an extension of the Modern Room at Prestwich, also known as TSOP. Featuring the best in new soul releases, as well as rare grooves and selections from clubs like Parkers, Manchester, Cassinellis etc; all now relocated to give you three rooms of soul for your money, all under the same roof.

Each room has excellent facilities with good dance floors, excellent sound systems and access to bars, which are reasonable priced and open late.

A warm friendly welcome, as well as the music you love awaits you. So, if you like good tunes, don't mind traveling and are looking for a night out that delivers the 'goods' Then Bury Town Hall this Friday is for you....why not join us and see for yourself!

Hope to see you there......

Best to all

Baz

Edited by BazM

As long as you dont put the 'A' side on by mistake.........that would be an end of DJing career moment....biggrin.gif (actaully might flip it over while he's not lookin' on Friday) thumbsup.gifph34r.gif

wink.gifvaguely remember the awful vocal,something akin to donald duck if memory serves,see you tomorrow matey wink.gif