pioneers

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Search the internet mate. I picked up a couple of copies a while back for $5 and $9. I can't imagine it would be any more than £15 - £20, as it was a bit of a 'pop' hit I think. Must be loads kicking around.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Not sure that it was Jordi but it was certainly popular enough to be pressed up on two labels the first (I think) being ICE and then later (presumably) on Mercury both UK issues it was an Eddie Grant production but i'm not sure whether it ever gleaned a JA release at all or not. Anyone know any different???

John

Social source share

John I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was a lower regions UK chart 'hit' back in the day. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a Jamaican release because I think the Pioneers at that time in the mid 70's were living in the UK, a bit like the Chosen Few. Now there's a group!!

Jordi

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I've heard of people paying upwards to 75£ for this.. a good piece but i think you can find it a lot cheaper if you wait a bit.

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

John I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was a lower regions UK chart 'hit' back in the day. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get a Jamaican release because I think the Pioneers at that time in the mid 70's were living in the UK, a bit like the Chosen Few. Now there's a group!!

Jordi

Should be able to look that up reasonably easily, but if it was true then you would think that there would be more of them around and about as i had pretty much the same problem Phil B did getting hold of one and i was looking for months before a mate located one for me unfortunately he knew what they had been selling for and i had to pay £35 for mine saying that in the scheme of things that's not really that dear and it is on Ice which is nice (and it rhymes as well) which is swell ;o(( oh no i've slipped in to crossover rhyming slang mode....................

John

BTW Jordi i was listening to some Dentist Muzak on the way in to work this morning, by eck he's got some damn fine records that brother of yours!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

BTW Jordi i was listening to some Dentist Muzak on the way in to work this morning, by eck he's got some damn fine records that brother of yours!!!!!!!!!

John, He has got a few bits and bobs the little bugger. It's shame you can't get to the Whitehouse on Saturday to hear him spin a few.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I know we'd love too and have been meaning to for a while but it always seems to clash with something else we are committed to. It's Saracen's that night and we have Chalky and Janine and Terry and Lynne coming to visit :o)))) so i'm sure we are in for a quiet night LOL

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!