The Admirations - You Left Me Peachtree - Ebay Listing

Guest franky m

• Replies 31
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

it looks like it was ended early. someone must have made the seller an offer (probably low relatively to the real value) and s/he bit.

SOMEBODY MUST VE GOT THEMSELVES A REAL BARGAIN, ONLY TIME I CAN REMEMBER SEING ONE ON EBAY IT WENT FOR OVER 3,000 UKP, THO ITS NOT LISTED IN POPSIKE.

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY CHILLOUT@HORSE AND GROOM, 25TH APRIL, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER( AS SEEN ON TV)

Social source share

SOMEBODY MUST VE GOT THEMSELVES A REAL BARGAIN, ONLY TIME I CAN REMEMBER SEING ONE ON EBAY IT WENT FOR OVER 3,000 UKP, THO ITS NOT LISTED IN POPSIKE.

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY CHILLOUT@HORSE AND GROOM, 25TH APRIL, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER( AS SEEN ON TV)

I was a bit upset myself when i saw it had ended earlysad.gif

I sent the seller a message asking what had happened and that i was gonna bid over $1000 for it..he has'nt got back yet no.gif

In the hope he'd feel a bit sick after reading it laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest franky m

I was a bit upset myself when i saw it had ended earlysad.gif

I sent the seller a message asking what had happened and that i was gonna bid over $1000 for it..he has'nt got back yet no.gif

In the hope he'd feel a bit sick after reading it laugh.gif

I offered him $800 at the start of the auction and he said that he does not end early , so maybe he had an offer he could not refuse ?

Social source share

I offered him $800 at the start of the auction and he said that he does not end early , so maybe he had an offer he could not refuse ?

GUY OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T REALISE WHAT HE HAD, STRANGE HOW IT ENDED UP IN GOOD OLE MEHEEECO, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE 50'S RELEASES LIKE THIS

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY CHILLOUT@HORSE AND GROOM, APRIL 25TH, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

Guest Dante

Pretty unusual. It might be the first time a rarity of this magnitude shows up down here. Odds are it was a one-timer, but let's hope not wicked.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

BRI PINCH

Just read this back Bri ....did you say £3000 ,:ohmy:

im sure i saw one on ebay last yr for a lot less??hanceville ,maybe ??

How come there's no info on this ..would have thought it'd be on mannies rarest of rare ??

How many known copies are kicking about ??

Social source share

Just read this back Bri ....did you say £3000 ,ohmy.gif

How come there's no info on this ..would have thought it'd be on mannies rarest of rare ??

also the Aspirations both sides are top notch, Gary Rushbrooke played both sides at Stafford reunionthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

GUY OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T REALISE WHAT HE HAD, STRANGE HOW IT ENDED UP IN GOOD OLE MEHEEECO, WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE 50'S RELEASES LIKE THIS

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY CHILLOUT@HORSE AND GROOM, APRIL 25TH, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Top sounding tune, can hardly beleive it was 50's, the seller obviously knew that and it had come from a collector of R&R, if someone had of bid the $24 he could not end it early then could he? just goes to show Northern can come from anywhere.

Social source share

Thats the one, and that's what it went for. I was bidding on it myself.

Phil.

Social source share

I contacted him the day he put it up and he had already had offers between $800 - $1200 so I guess he got an offer he thought he couldn't refuse and it wasn't mine.....worst luck

I have also contacted the seller to arrange a meet.But hes being very evasive.He said he would contact me when he has something.:lol:

Social source share

Top sounding tune, can hardly beleive it was 50's, the seller obviously knew that and it had come from a collector of R&R, if someone had of bid the $24 he could not end it early then could he? just goes to show Northern can come from anywhere.

No way is this is 60s recording Jock. This has got to be the same Chicago outfit on Onederful and Paree.

Think I read that two of the brothers still perform sometimes.

Social source share

No way is this is 60s recording Jock. This has got to be the same Chicago outfit on Onederful and Paree.

Think I read that two of the brothers still perform sometimes.

not 50`s in a million years. just coz a record has a twangy guitar on it some people assume 50`s.listen to the production. its out and out chicago 1965. defo same outfit as onederfu l& paree...... the childes siblings

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

not 50`s in a million years. just coz a record has a twangy guitar on it some people assume 50`s.listen to the production. its out and out chicago 1965. defo same outfit as onederfu l& paree...... the childes siblings

dave

The Admirations consisted of brothers Kenneth, Bruce, and Ralph Childs, and two unknown members remembered only as Myles and Smith. Lead singer Kenneth Childs sang in a mournful tenor similar to the Five Stairsteps' Clarence Burke Jr., but not nearly as exciting. Ex-Players Tommie Johnson and Herbert Butler managed the North Side Chicago natives, who debuted with "My Admiration for You" b/w "Heaven in Your Arms" on Paree Records in 1966. Neither Paree nor the Admirations reaped any benefits from the association, so the group sauntered to Peaches Records for one release, "You Left Me"; it received a modicum of airplay locally, better than previous releases, but not enough to keep Peaches afloat. Label-jumping once more, this time to George Leaner's One-der-ful Records, they enjoyed their most popular record, "Wait Until I Get to Know You," which surpassed "You Left Me." Released late in 1967, it got the fellows some better gigs around town, but never broke regionally. A final One-der-ful release issued in 1968, "Don't Leave Me" b/w "All for You," stiffed. It all ended when One-der-ful folded later in 1968; some of their artists signed with George Leaner's brother Ernie's Toddlin' Town Records, but the Admirations, needing more stability, drifted from the business without even as much as eyeballing a royalty check. ~ Andrew Hamilton, All Music Guide

So the Peaches 45 got some local airplay. Probably pretty common then :lol:

Social source share

The Admirations consisted of brothers Kenneth, Bruce, and Ralph Childs, and two unknown members remembered only as Myles and Smith. Lead singer Kenneth Childs sang in a mournful tenor similar to the Five Stairsteps' Clarence Burke Jr., but not nearly as exciting. Ex-Players Tommie Johnson and Herbert Butler managed the North Side Chicago natives, who debuted with "My Admiration for You" b/w "Heaven in Your Arms" on Paree Records in 1966. Neither Paree nor the Admirations reaped any benefits from the association, so the group sauntered to Peaches Records for one release, "You Left Me"; it received a modicum of airplay locally, better than previous releases, but not enough to keep Peaches afloat. Label-jumping once more, this time to George Leaner's One-der-ful Records, they enjoyed their most popular record, "Wait Until I Get to Know You," which surpassed "You Left Me." Released late in 1967, it got the fellows some better gigs around town, but never broke regionally. A final One-der-ful release issued in 1968, "Don't Leave Me" b/w "All for You," stiffed. It all ended when One-der-ful folded later in 1968; some of their artists signed with George Leaner's brother Ernie's Toddlin' Town Records, but the Admirations, needing more stability, drifted from the business without even as much as eyeballing a royalty check. ~ Andrew Hamilton, All Music Guide

So the Peaches 45 got some local airplay. Probably pretty common then laugh.gif

Thanks for that fine piece of discography ....what about the Admirations on Brunswick who did "lonely street"??

P.s we're doing ok so far..no ones been on the thread and said how sh**e the record islaugh.gif

Social source share

So the Peaches 45 got some local airplay. Probably pretty common then :yes:

The Smith was Walter Smith, later of Walter and the Admerations. He sang lead on the Onederful outings and presume he was there for the Peaches one. Boba will add more, he interviewed Walter and the Admerations.

Social source share

ME AND DAVE SAT AND WATCH IT FINISH OUT OF CURIOSITY NEV , THINKING BACK I THINK IT SOLD FOR JUST SHORT OF 3,200 UKP, SEE YA TONIGHT :yes:

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY CHILLOUT@HORSE AND GROOM, APRIL 25TH, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER. DONCASTER MARKET, PERFECT FOR PARKING, DONCASTER MARKET.

Social source share

Guest woznotwos

Thanks for that fine piece of discography ....what about the Admirations on Brunswick who did "lonely street"??

P.s we're doing ok so far..no ones been on the thread and said how sh**e the record islaugh.gif

When alls said and done i think its a shite tune !

would have paid good money however purely out of spite.........ahem..ph34r.gif ..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!