Soul Shoes @ Bishopstoke Nr Southampton

Well what can I say about last night at Soul Shoes @ Bishopstoke nr Southampton run by Gary & Ann Todd.Got their early doors and few people already in.The birthday boys Russ & Danny arrived not long after.

Gary was on 1st and got the crowd warmed up playing a good selection of across the board tunes.Next Keith Barnes and Keith soon got the floor moving with some great classics.

Danny was up next aided by Bob (due to still being on crutches).As always Danny played some great tunes incl Mel Britt (original).

I was up next and it was such a pleasure to be asked back and my job was made so much easier with all the requests i was given.

Gary finished off yet another successful evening.

Great to see lots of the Bournemouth and surrounding area there and having a good time. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Happy birthday today to Russ and we'll see you next week at The Uni.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well what can I say about last night at Soul Shoes @ Bishopstoke nr Southampton run by Gary & Ann Todd.Got their early doors and few people already in.The birthday boys Russ & Danny arrived not long after.

Gary was on 1st and got the crowd warmed up playing a good selection of across the board tunes.Next Keith Barnes and Keith soon got the floor moving with some great classics.

Danny was up next aided by Bob (due to still being on crutches).As always Danny played some great tunes incl Mel Britt (original).

I was up next and it was such a pleasure to be asked back and my job was made so much easier with all the requests i was given.

Gary finished off yet another successful evening.

Great to see lots of the Bournemouth and surrounding area there and having a good time. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Happy birthday today to Russ and we'll see you next week at The Uni.

Sorry i couldnt make this one due to traverling, would have liked to wish the boys a happy 60th and 70th birthdayswink.gif , see ya at the unithumbsup.gif

Guest Dave Mortimore

. Although Bishopstoke has a reputation for playing mainly the tried and tested, it is always hoped that the guest players can still add that little bit of extra spice to the proceedings and yet still remain within the ethos of the event and that is to keep the dancefloor busy and generate a vibrant atmosphere amongst the typically friendly crew of devotees.

. So giving credit where it is due, Danny North and yourself did exactly that, in what can only be described as a sterling job in entertaining the crowd, who I thought witnessed one of the better nights at The Memorial Hall.

. As you know, I was nursing a calf muscle strain and hence you didn't get any requests from me. So whoever put in those requests made some good calls. Oldies from the likes of Johnny Sayles and Jimmy Radcliffe had that bit of umph! That has never worn too thin with the dancing fraternity.

. I'm afraid that I've already forgotten the titles and artist names to the two or three interesting and vaguely familiar plays of yours on the night. You'll have to refresh my memory on Saturday at the uni, as this time I'll be asking with a pen & paper to hand. For yes, you've guessed it. I will be requesting them from you sometime in the future.

. I had an interesting chat with Danny North surrounding the incidents to the two accidents with his upper legs. Working with the development of vehicles was part of my past and it was fascinating to hear some of the old terms coming from his lips. Splined lines, sweeps, etc. all brought back memories and a few shudders, as I'm a very much a lazy old git these days.

. We look forward to hearing Danny play again this Saturday at Bournemouth University.

. Regards .................. Dave & Jan Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. So giving credit where it is due, Danny North and yourself did exactly that, in what can only be described as a sterling job in entertaining the crowd, who I thought witnessed one of the better nights at The Memorial Hall.

Your welcome as always Dave. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

. I'm afraid that I've already forgotten the titles and artist names to the two or three interesting and vaguely familiar plays of yours on the night. You'll have to refresh my memory on Saturday at the uni, as this time I'll be asking with a pen & paper to hand. For yes, you've guessed it. I will be requesting them from you sometime in the future.

I've kept them in my box so that they'll be getting played again on sat night at The Uni. yes.gifyes.gif

. Regards .................. Dave & Jan Mortimore

Great nite as always- the DJ's did us proud. This venue is one of my favourite's, great dancefloor, people and tunes! I hope Dave's calf gets better (Stoke will be without him next Saturday, they'll have to bring back Alan Hudson!)- keep up the great work and see you all soon!

Guest Dave Mortimore

Great nite as always- the DJ's did us proud. This venue is one of my favourite's, great dancefloor, people and tunes! I hope Dave's calf gets better (Stoke will be without him next Saturday, they'll have to bring back Alan Hudson!)- keep up the great work and see you all soon!

. I've heard that The Potters are going to break with tradition and not go for another giant to supplement the team. I think they trying to throw off their Neanderthal image and actually play some football. So they're going to raid the piggy-bank and put in a bid for Maynard for next season. Bristol can't hold onto him forever, unless they miraculously get into the play-offs and beat off all the other premiership hopefulls?

Will we be seeing you locally on Saturday or will you be pre-occupied with the other faithful chasing that elusive return to the top flight!

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. I've heard that The Potters are going to break with tradition and not go for another giant to supplement the team. I think they trying to throw off their Neanderthal image and actually play some football. So they're going to raid the piggy-bank and put in a bid for Maynard for next season. Bristol can't hold onto him forever, unless they miraculously get into the play-offs and beat off all the other premiership hopefulls?

Will we be seeing you locally on Saturday or will you be pre-occupied with the other faithful chasing that elusive return to the top flight!

I will be seeing you on Saturday hopefully at the Uni- I have my tickets booked for the last home and away games before the playoffs (lol)- always hopeful and what a great way to finish our season than in sunny Blackpool, where a certain Stanley Matthews plyed his trade!

Source Advert