Dundee Soul Club 9th Anniversary

Queens Hotel Nethergate

Saturday 15th May

8pm till 1am

£5 otd

Guest Dj's

Mick H

Fraser Dunn.

Mick H, Fraser Dunn and Dundee United playing in the Scottish Cup Final, what more could you want yes.giflaugh.gif

soulmac.

Will be there -

Regards Steve

Edited by Ernie Andrews

Dundee Soul Club 9th Anniversary Queens Hotel Nethergate Saturday 15th May 8pm till 1am £5 otd Guest Dj's Mick H Fraser Dunn. Mick H, Fraser Dunn and Dundee United playing in the Scottish Cup Final, what more could you want yes.giflaugh.gif soulmac.
Definitly been away for a while and im actually back that weekend for a break so looking forward to this bonus Fraser is djing will drag along some of the lads Gaz getting married at the end of this month so no doubt he will be well up for it poor f**ker Kieran

p.s is there a wee drinking club happening for the cup final before the soul night Edited by fifesoul

p.s is there a wee drinking club happening for the cup final before the soul night

Kieran

Cup final then straight to the venue, i might miss the start of the night :( so the other promoters Ali (Celtic supporter :yes: ) and Alan (Dundee supporter laugh.gif:lol: although he pretends to support Forfar :wub: ) may have to do my half hour spot.

soulmac.

Kieran

Cup final then straight to the venue, i might miss the start of the night :ohmy: so the other promoters Ali (Celtic supporter :laugh: ) and Alan (Dundee supporter :laugh::laugh: although he pretends to support Forfar :no: ) may have to do my half hour spot.

soulmac.

You going to cup final John or a boozer in Dundee if anyone is up for it name a bar to goto to meet before the soul night to watch the match then head to venue could be messy need a good drink after Celtic performances this season :sad:

Kieran

Definitly been away for a while and im actually back that weekend for a break so looking forward to this bonus Fraser is djing will drag along some of the lads Gaz getting married at the end of this month so no doubt he will be well up for it poor f**ker Kieran

p.s is there a wee drinking club happening for the cup final before the soul night

Thats great news about Gaz, be great to see you guys yes.gif

Phyllis

Guest oldsoulboy2

Dundee Soul Club 9th Anniversary

Queens Hotel Nethergate

Saturday 15th May

8pm till 1am

£5 otd

Guest Dj's

Mick H

Fraser Dunn.

Mick H, Fraser Dunn and Dundee United playing in the Scottish Cup Final, what more could you want yes.giflaugh.gif

soulmac.

Well Morton in the Final would be a start John. Looks like a goer I will have to chase up Fraser for a lift.

You going to cup final John or a boozer in Dundee if anyone is up for it name a bar to goto to meet before the soul night to watch the match then head to venue could be messy need a good drink after Celtic performances this season sad.gif

Kieran

Kieran, I'm going to the cup final first. Few good bars near the venue where you can watch the match though :D

Not sure what time Mick H and Ian are arriving, maybe they would be interested in taking in the match, you could show them the sights of Dundee :thumbsup:

soulmac.

Kieran, I'm going to the cup final first. Few good bars near the venue where you can watch the match though :D

Not sure what time Mick H and Ian are arriving, maybe they would be interested in taking in the match, you could show them the sights of Dundee :thumbsup:

soulmac.

Gawd help us if United get beat, a soor faced soulmac on the decks at the end of the night is worth the admission price alone

:yes::lol:

fraid i won;t be able to make it this time as i'll be in Edinburgh that day

All the best with Basics Davie :thumbsup:

If you're in Edinburgh on the 15th and can't make it through to Dundee pop along to Basics at Henry's Cellar bar in Morrison St for a bit of R&B.

soulmac.

FUKIN TYPICAL

would love to be there but as usual John you put your night on right in the middle of my trip offshore

Now Im getting a bit concerned that you seem do this on a regular basis just so I cant make it and you have to buy me a pint.

Pissed off is an under statement..I really want to be there..Aint seen Mick for a while either so would have been great to catch up

any chance you can do me a DVD of the night??

enjoy it you wanker :thumbsup::lol:

gasher :yes::lol::yes::lol:angry.gif

Guest Robin_Wick

As a former Ross County season ticket holder (three years in the Jail End) I'll be off to Hampden that day. Will see if I can make it back in time!

Guest 45s and 33s

FFS I thought Celtic sang their fair share of dirges over the years, however, that one really does scrape the barrell John tongue.gif .

Robin, didn't realise you were a Staggies fan - if I'm on the door I'm charging ya double to get in whistling.gif .

Here's the Queens Hotel website for anybody wishing to stay over https://www.queenshotel-dundee.com/contact/ . There's plenty pubs around that end of town for some pre-soul night drams.beer.gif

There'll also be a freebie CD for the first fifty folks through the doors on the night.

Ali

FFS I thought Celtic sang their fair share of dirges over the years, however, that one really does scrape the barrell John tongue.gif .

Robin, didn't realise you were a Staggies fan - if I'm on the door I'm charging ya double to get in whistling.gif .

Here's the Queens Hotel website for anybody wishing to stay over https://www.queenshotel-dundee.com/contact/ . There's plenty pubs around that end of town for some pre-soul night drams.beer.gif

There'll also be a freebie CD for the first fifty folks through the doors on the night.

Ali

That'll be me then Al :no:

thumbsup.gif

Guest dundeedavie

Lenny, only bringing along one record on the night, here it is

rolleyes.gif:no:

soulmac.

you should have warned people John , i clicked it and was sick a little bit :D

What load of old tosh that United song is, they should remember they have always been the 2nd team in Dundee, everything they hae acheived so far has already been done by the big team. Anyway hopefully I'll be cheering on Forfar in the play-off final, so not much time to meet anyone for pre-show bevvy.

see you on 15th

alan

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks to go looking forward to hearing some fantastic soul and im sure there will be a few soulprises (surprises) in store as there always is, hope the numbers are well up as anyone who has been to Dundee soul night will tell you just simply a brillant soul club with not an ego in sight . Definitly worth the trip anyone thinking of travelling I will be driving up from Lincolnshire area on the 14th going back down on the 16th im sure there will be rooms available at the venue someone else might give you details on that, loads of good pubs and places to eat all within walking distance of venue but mostly a brillant night of soul music .

Kieran.

pm me if interested in a lift up

2 weeks to go looking forward to hearing some fantastic soul and im sure there will be a few soulprises (surprises) in store as there always is, hope the numbers are well up as anyone who has been to Dundee soul night will tell you just simply a brillant soul club with not an ego in sight . Definitly worth the trip anyone thinking of travelling I will be driving up from Lincolnshire area on the 14th going back down on the 16th im sure there will be rooms available at the venue someone else might give you details on that, loads of good pubs and places to eat all within walking distance of venue but mostly a brillant night of soul music .

Kieran.

pm me if interested in a lift up

Kieran,

Thanks for the nice comments, haven't seen you in a while be good to catch up.

soulmac.

Kieran,

Thanks for the nice comments, haven't seen you in a while be good to catch up.

soulmac.

;ooking forward to playing for the Dundee lads it really is a pleasure to play something a little bit different. Thank you for asking me to play hope my spot won't disappoint.

Roll on the 15th May

ANYONE WHO HASN'T BEEN TO THIS VENUE THEN YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING JUST A LITTLE BIT SPECIAL. GIVE JOHN, ALI and ALLEN YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS. THEY REALLY DESERVE IT.

SEE YOU ALL THERE

Fraser www.subcity.org SOULFUL ALLSORTS Saturday Afternoons Live TWO till FOUR

Just like to say many thanks to John , Alan and Ali for the advance promo CD I received yesterday , a measure of the great selection of sounds to be heard at this top night , amongst a superb bunch of like minded Soul folk .Sure this will be a memorable night , with Mick H and Fraser DJing ,what a great line up . Best wishes ,Eddie

Looking forward to playing for the Dundee lads it really is a pleasure to play something a little bit different. Thank you for asking me to play hope my spot won't disappoint.

Roll on the 15th May

ANYONE WHO HASN'T BEEN TO THIS VENUE THEN YOU ARE MISSING SOMETHING JUST A LITTLE BIT SPECIAL. GIVE JOHN, ALI and ALLEN YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS. THEY REALLY DESERVE IT.

SEE YOU ALL THERE

Fraser www.subcity.org SOULFUL ALLSORTS Saturday Afternoons Live TWO till FOUR

just a week to go, the CD's are all made up and even Ali might get one before Saturday. Our guest DJ from England is arriving very early Saturday so he should be on the beer all day with us cheering on Ross County, could be messy come Saturday night, come'on the dark blues ........

cheers

alan

Well guys its only...... 5 days to go until Mad Mick & Co and the lovely, huggable Fraser Dunn hit Dundee, so looking forward to this night its been too long since the last one!!

Makes a nice change not having to travel far and wide to hear the sounds that are going to played on Saturday... well done John, Alan & Ali thumbup.gif

Philly

ps Alan don't overdo it on the beer.... nono.gifbeer.giflaugh.gif

Im booked in and the Tangerine fan will be there and Im not talking Dundee United but the Mighty Blackpool!

Charlie Adam is God!yes.gif

Be nice to catch up Mick H again!

Someone mentioned Ross County - Is their a football match on or something!laugh.gif Highland League Cup maybelaugh.gif

Steve, Charlie Adams from Dundee, wonder if he'll appear at the soul night :thumbsup:

soulmac.

Guest dundeedavie

Kick off 8:00pm

Running Order

John MacDonald 8:00 - 8:30

Ali Duff 8:30 - 9:30

Alan Watson 9:30 - 10:30

Fraser Dunn 10:30 - 11:30

Mick H 11:30 - 1:00

soulmac.

that'll never work afrer the extra time and penalties :thumbsup:

Guest ruppy

FUKIN TYPICAL

would love to be there but as usual John you put your night on right in the middle of my trip offshore

Now Im getting a bit concerned that you seem do this on a regular basis just so I cant make it and you have to buy me a pint.

Pissed off is an under statement..I really want to be there..Aint seen Mick for a while either so would have been great to catch up

any chance you can do me a DVD of the night??

enjoy it you wanker :lol: :lol:

gasher angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

Gasher ,yes would have loved a pint or two with you,been a long time,especially the last time you took me to a Rangers Pub never forgive you for that

any chance you could nick a helicopter for the night

best

Mick

Gasher ,yes would have loved a pint or two with you,been a long time,especially the last time you took me to a Rangers Pub never forgive you for that

best

Mick

Dont worry Mick - youll have to put up with me instead of the Gasher - By the way he says hello from somewhere in the North sea and absolutely pi**ed off.

Come on the Tangerines- Sorry I meant Guffie Tangerines!

Philly - will you be running a foot massage service? at the hotel cos Im going to dance my head off all night!smile.gif

Keiran Im coming down for about 2pm tommorow so If you want meet up for a drink to watch the game giveme a shout.

Steve E

Edited by Ernie Andrews

Dont worry Mick - youll have to put up with me instead of the Gasher - By the way he says hello from somewhere in the North sea and absolutely pi**ed off.

Philly - will you be running a foot massage service? at the hotel cos Im going to dance my head off all night!smile.gif

Keiran Im coming down for about 2pm tommorow so If you want meet up for a drink to watch the game giveme a shout.

Steve E

Name the place and im there mate thumbsup.gif

Keiran Im coming down for about 2pm tommorow (did you mean saturday pal)

Got a real good feeling about saturday could be a monster of a night

Kieran

Steve E

Haha.. no.gifno.gifno.gif Will be too busy dancing my wee socks off.... and after 7 onsite massages at Servite Housing Offices on Friday I will be lucky if I have any energy left sleep3.gif

Philly

best

Mick

Hi Mick,

If Ritchie nicks a chopper ask him to fly past the North Alwyn and pick me up as well and I will go halves with the price of the helifuel,

Hope you and Ian have a great night in sunny Dundee.

I am sure you will treat them to The Dynamics "Im just a lonely man" (That could be me a Ritchies song) on Dyna what a tune!!

See you on the 22nd at the 100

Keith

Guest BIG H

I am sure you will treat them to The Dynamics "Im just a lonely man

Worth The journey from Aberdeen just to hear this....... top tune! thumbsup.gif

Harry

Ok guys....9:45 it looks like the special request to the rig manager fell on deaf ears

and our chopper aint pickin up me and Keith so wish you all the very best for what I know will be a feckin good one. :ohmy:

one word sums it up. :lol:

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTED :yes:sad.gif:yes:sad.gif:D

Keith if you go up on to the Helideck I can do the same and wave to you..I can see your gaff from here..haha

gasher..