Johnny Lee Mathews - I Have No Choice

Hi, has anybody out there got a copy of Johnny Lee Mathews - I Have No Choice for sale? or any info about this choon would be much appreciated:thumbsup:.

Many Thanks,

Keith.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, has anybody out there got a copy of Johnny Lee Mathews - I Have No Choice for sale? or any info about this choon would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

Many Thanks,

Keith.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Johnnie Mae Matthews on BIG HIT

Audrey Matthews (daughter) or Sharon McMahon? unreleased (CD KENT?)

Black Nasty (son's group?) on ENTERPRISE?

Sharon McMahon, the writer, is the version for me!

Social source share

I have that British release thingyajimmy with Bobby Kline, Kenny Shepherd and Reggie Alexander on,

its mint minus but no idea what its worth, what do you want to pay ?

I heard there were only 500 pressed so there are less of these than on BIG HIT n'est pas ? :thumbsup:

Who did these???

Were they licensed???

Did they all jump on one of the tracks (Bobby Kline?) ???

So many questions...

Social source share

Who did these???

Were they licensed???

Did they all jump on one of the tracks (Bobby Kline?) ???

So many questions...

on a blue label,soul heritage ??? smthink like that, i got one too, i think all the tunes jumped on mine,bought mine off a dealer at ritz rare nighter yonks ago,certainly not worth much at all imho, paid a tenner for that jumping boot !not sure if they were licensed,so many answers lol

jason

Social source share

the 4-track e.p. is on "vintage soul" and was fairly in-demand a few years ago and did fetch quite a bit of money on a couple of occasions........ i e-bayed a spare copy not too kong ago and got around £40 for it ...... the couple of copies i had didn't appear to jump on any of the tracks.... but i'm probably kidding myself ?

Social source share

i doubt that vintage soul EP was licenced. probably worth £6-700 today on big hit but fetched double that pre ebay days. one of the legendary `detroit derarified by ebay` 45s.copies are usually a bit beat up making me think that it was a small hit around detroit in 1968. my old signed copy that came from gilly is now with the steele brothers in barnsley. also worth picking up by black nasty on the `talking to the people ` on enterprise from1973:hatsoff2:

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Johnnie Mae Matthews on BIG HIT

Audrey Matthews (daughter) or Sharon McMahon? unreleased (CD KENT?)

Black Nasty (son's group?) on LP Track ENTERPRISE

Cheers:thumbsup:
Social source share

i doubt that vintage soul EP was licenced. probably worth £6-700 today on big hit but fetched double that pre ebay days. one of the legendary `detroit derarified by ebay` 45s.copies are usually a bit beat up making me think that it was a small hit around detroit in 1968. my old signed copy that came from gilly is now with the steele brothers in barnsley. also worth picking up by black nasty on the `talking to the people ` on enterprise from1973:hatsoff2:

dave

Cheers Dave, many thanks for the info, I seek out the the Black Nasty album:thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

dave

Just an observation.Well Dave.......Yes,it might have come down in price compared to a few years back but if you`d call a £600-700 record de-rarefied then i find thats a bit strange.........I mean,they`re hardly ten a penny are they ?

Youre right about most of them being a bit beaten up as well which ultimately means a mint one [or thereabouts] is still a pretty rare item....Near enough every copy that comes up is vg+ at best...

Also, the earlier posting[not from you Dave ,i know] about the reissue 10" being rarer than the Big Hit orig is pure fantasy...Dream on.

As usual the Northern Soul Fantasy machine kicks into gearno.gif

Social source share

Just an observation.Well Dave.......Yes,it might have come down in price compared to a few years back but if you`d call a £600-700 record de-rarefied then i find thats a bit strange.........I mean,they`re hardly ten a penny are they ?

Youre right about most of them being a bit beaten up as well which ultimately means a mint one [or thereabouts] is still a pretty rare item....Near enough every copy that comes up is vg+ at best...

Also, the earlier posting[not from you Dave ,i know] about the reissue 10" being rarer than the Big Hit orig is pure fantasy...Dream on.

As usual the Northern Soul Fantasy machine kicks into gearno.gif

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN IVOR. THERE ARE LOTS OF RECORDS THAT TURN UP MUCH MORE NOW WITH EBAY IN OUR GRASP. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF 45`S THAT STILL GO FOR A STACK OF MONEY, CASHMERES LENNY CURTIS,

FOUR TRACKS JUST BEING EXAMPLES BUT BOY DO THEY KEEP GOOD PRICES. IMAGINE WHAT PRICES IF EBAY HADN`T BEEN INVENTED I MEAN REALLY YEARS AGO £15 GOT YOU A LOW PRICE DANCER BUT IN 2010 £150 GETS YOU BUGGER ALL. IF YOU MISSEM ONE WEEK YOULL GET EM THE NEXT.

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share