LAST MORDEN TONIGHT

jUST UPDATING "COL THE SOUL'S" MESSAGE ONT HE EVENTS BOARD...

Tonight we have 17 dj's all doubling up and sharing the decks...(no not at the same time)

Music wise tonight ...

we will have rare, modern, oldies, floorfillers, x~over & R'n'B... if it's Northern or quality it will be spun...

DJ line up

TIM BROWN

DAVE RIVERS

KEITH WOON

MAXINE WOON

DAVE ABBOT

MOLLY

ANDY CRANE

DANNY NORTH

KEITH BARNES

STEVE CSORDAS

PAUL BETTS

JOHN HERBERT

COL "THE SOUL" SMITH

AND RESIDENT DJ'S

MOLDIE

MIKE RITSON

MISCHIEF

ADRIAN.

COL'S MESSAGE..The end of an era! Its gonna be party time!!

Free T-shirt printed in 3 colours with the Upbeat Soul Club logo

for the first 20 people in the door. Thats gotta be worth a fiver.

The Escape Night Club, above The Crown Pub, Morden.

8pm - 2am £5 otd.

Call 07900 374 230 for further info.

It'll never be over for me!............Col.

CHECK OUT FLYERS FOR FULL DETAILS.....

SEE YOU TONIGHT MISCHIEF

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good luck with the night lads but why on earth are you having 17 DJ's on?!! they've probably got about 15 minutes each. More Dj's than punters in some of the places I've been on some nights.

Jordi

Guest Kolla

SO folks - what happened last night. We were on our way down when Al got a call from Mischief to say the venue owners had f****d up and not made arrangements for any bar staff, security to work on the night etc... That was at 9pm and he wasn't sure if the owners would get there act together in time to salvage what was left of the night.

It's must be gutting for the promoters considering the amount of time and effort they've put into this "final" night at Morden. All the flyers, leg-work, t-shirts, not to mention the fact they had organised 17 DJs to play.

Our sympathies are with you guys and let's hope Lightwater treats you better. All Al and I can say is ... Move On Up ! :)

This is not my do, but I think the idea behind having 17 DJ's is that the guys wanted as many paeople who had DJ'd in the past year & x many months to participate. Quite fitting for a final nite I think.

Any way (i'm sure Mischief will fill in any blanks) the venue owners had "forgotten" that there was a do on and only had 2 bouncers, by law needing 3. It didn't seem that they were bothered about it at all.

Anyway a few phone calls and some smooth talking from Steve C saw us all head a few minutes up the road to a pub that had 1 record deck and a smallish dance floor. We took over the pub, and from disaster a truly memorable and great nite ensued. A real testament to the sprit, comradery and resourcefulness of people on the soul scene.

The DJ's were limited to 5 singles each (after all we were only gonna get to play about 8 at the original venue anyway!) and not all DJ's got a spot. But no one cared, being there was all that mattered.

Thanks to all that sorted it out.

And to the people that run the Crown pub in Morden...you're a bunch of f***ing tossers!

p.s. i never did get to see a t-shirt!

p.p.s as i wasn't drinking and I only played 5 records, I can actually remember what I played. So here's my mamouth playlist, and for a change all in order!

Montclairs - Hey you... - Arch

Vanguards - Good times bad times - Lamp

Sunny Ridell - Come out into my world - White Cliffs

Majestics - I love her so much - Linda

Luther Ingram - If its all the same - HIB

Well from a nightmare to a top night... I’ll get Moldie to do the write up on here as I don’t organise it, I just dj so its not really my place, but it seemed everyone enjoyed there self’s.

"MY FIVE RECORDS"

"IN LOVE ~~ TONY GALLA ---SWAN"

"LANDSLIDE ~~ TONY CLARKE---- CHESS"

"HIT AND RUN ~~ ROSE BATTISTE --- REVILOT"

"I JUST CAN'T LIVE MY LIFE ~~ LINDA JONES ---WB”

"I'LL BE AROUND ~~ THE SPINNERS --- ATLANTIC"

THANKS EVERYONE FOR A TOP NIGHT...

Glad to read all went well despite the usual nightmare of owners that don't give a f***. I onl got down the once but had a good night and really enjoyed myself. Hope all goes well for you at the new venue and Mischief, still have to rebook you for the Plinston just so that Toby has someone else to have a go at :-) Until then, keep the faith and remeber it's a Rare Soul scene - rare in quality, rather than quantity (copyright R.Searling)

Guest SteveC

My 5 in what turned out to be a show of Northern Soul spirit. Straight in a new venue - packed dance floor straight away. Priceless.

Isonics - Sugar - Kammy

Voices Inc - Thinkin' - Columbia

Paul Sindab - You dropped your candy in the sand - Hype

Mamselles - Open up your heart (and let love out) - ABC

Joannie Sommers - Don't pity me - WB

hi.first of all big thanks to steve csordas for everything he did to ensure friday nite went ahead.( i owe u big time ).this f### up was down to uncaring venue owners not the promoters.thanks to all the dj,s for agreeing to move venue and keep the night alive.a disaster was averted.thanks to all the soulies that attended the night at the woodcutter pub.top spots by all the dj,s.

dave abbott if you ever lose your record box try to lose it in my house.lol