Riversidesoul Gloucester 17/04/10

Guest Glawster

Guest Glawster

Hi all that attended - apologies for not being myself,never felt such Euphoria and anxiety at one time before! Halfway to the venue,loaded with Sues record boxes we had a call,rapidly diverting us to the hospital as our Daughter had just given birth 14 weeks early,thus changing our entire evening! Thanks Mike for understanding the short sharp phone call and to Leon for stepping in for Sue. Mother and Baby ok,now down @ Southmead hospital,Ashley weighing in @ 2lb!

We managed to get to Riverside but to be honest,the well wishers and concerned folk blew me away,thank you, thank you, thank you, at times like this you really appreciate friendship! For years i've said that over time we have met some good and valued friends on the scene and that was proved in abundence last night.

I look forward to reading write ups about last night , as I dont feel I would do the night justice if I attempted it.

What I do remember is Des slipping Sue some tasty choons,one from her wish list too! Nice one Des.

Soz no photos either - thanks again to everyone.Apologies to Kev for not introducing myself , I think Sue managed to.

Mart

Edited by Glawster
  • Replies 4
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all that attended - apologies for not being myself,never felt such Euphoria and anxiety at one time before! Halfway to the venue,loaded with Sues record boxes we had a call,rapidly diverting us to the hospital as our Daughter had just given birth 14 weeks early,thus changing our entire evening! Thanks Mike for understanding the short sharp phone call and to Leon for stepping in for Sue. Mother and Baby ok,now down @ Southmead hospital,Ashley weighing in @ 2lb!

We managed to get to Riverside but to be honest,the well wishers and concerned folk blew me away,thank you, thank you, thank you, at times like this you really appreciate friendship! For years i've said that over time we have met some good and valued friends on the scene and that was proved in abundence last night.

I look forward to reading write ups about last night , as I dont feel I would do the night justice if I attempted it.

What I do remember is Des slipping Sue some tasty choons,one from her wish list too! Nice one Des.

Soz no photos either - thanks again to everyone.Apologies to Kev for not introducing myself , I think Sue managed to.

Mart

A very exciting night for Sue and yourself and really pleased that things are going well with Lucy and the baby. Please pass on my best wishes.

Was very pleased that you both got to the venue later on in the evening. Following your call leon called me almost immediately and before he could say anything I told him to get down here with some records. He duly did and did Sue's second set. What a great set too and stepped into Sue's shoes admirably. Kev Healey was our guest and did two sets comprising an across the board assortment of Tunes. Some great crossover and 70's , with a sprinkling of 60's. Always great to hear the Hamilton movement out. Des Parker was on fire playing a lot of my favourites and tunes you only hear at few places and Riverside eg Judy Street, kindly Shepherds. He beat me to the Fran Jefferies 'Honey and wine' but kindly left me to play the Chandlers later on. All in all some interesting sets.

A good crowd with some new faces. Good to meet Dudley Somers and his young lady from Cardiff and Debbie from Cirencester. Thanks to all of those who came to support us and to help us keep going and what we are trying to achieve in Gloucester. One of the few places(S/Fusion one) in the area providing quality soul music IMVHO of course. With the clash of a local event in Cheltenham and the usual saturation of events around a good turn out with the usual Riverside up for it crowd who always appreciate DJ's pushing the Boundaries.

See you all at the allnighter then. Thats gonna be a good thing!.

Mike

Edited by Mike E

yes with nites on in bournemouth,cardiff and cheltenham i suppose numbers were gonna be down a bit but the atmosphere and choice of tunes were still great....me and nicci had a good dance and that was after djing at my indie night on friday,a two an half hour set finishing at 2.30, so sorry for bailing out just before the end mike...heart was willing legs were knackered !

bought some great tunes off des id never heard before so top nite all round

a relief to see you out martin and sue,after earlier hearing you had family health troubles...hope mother and baby are doin well

see you at the nighter

dean