On The Soul Side Bournemouth University

Guest soulcamper

Guest soulcamper

Just want to say thanks for a great evening to Dave and the DJ's:hatsoff2: .

Good mix of music, a friendly crowd, and the nights are getting busier everytime.

Look out for the next one - Saturday 19 June. Miss it at your peril.......it's gonna be good.

SoulCamper

Edited by soulcamper
  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

its always nice to get down to the uni...nice venue....excellent sound system and a warm welcome from dave and viv......

the dj line up was a mixed bunch..each bringing something different to the decks.....we arrived shortly after 8pm and were met by viv...she always looks so pleased to

see ppl..chris,danny,kerry,mandy and myself were soon joined by bob and ann and russ and jo...what a happy lot we are

two sets at the uni usually means the djs get to play a few different things early on and all four djs didnt dissappoint

the venue soon filled up nicely with locals and travellers from surrey,kent,hants and by far the furthest travellers somerset and wales....that says alot if ppl are prepared to travel some distance.....the dancefloor saw plenty of action throughout the night....a few nice sales boxes and interesting chat made for a superb night...far too many ppl to mention by name but it was great to see you all

highlight of the night for me was when dynorod arrived trying to unblock chris thorleys arse but they soon gave up

a worthwhile hour and a half drive so if you aint been then why not

you-tubes to follow

moldie

no animals or humans were hurt in the making of this movie

Unless they were standing by Chrisohmy.gif

Dave, Danny and Viv, thank you for letting me dj for you...I really enjoy it...

and it was good to see everyone... as always... nothing like being with your friends having a laugh and hearing good music being played out loud...

although I dj'd I felt all the dj's play blinding sets...

May be not every record is to everyones taste but I felt the mix should have kept 99% of the room happy... 1% moan for the sake of moaning...

from R'n'B to Crossover... and from Cheapies (my boxsmile.gif ) to expensive (everyone elses box)wink.gif

it was a real mix of tunes, tempo's and styles...

Its a friendly crowd, in a good venue... nice dance floor..... sound system was fine.. (but I am 50% deaf so will leave that to the experts).

so to sum it all up..

Good mix of quality across the board sounds..

Good venue.

Good sound system.

Good dancefloor.. with people using it...

Good friends.

Good laughs.

Think that makes for an excellant night... hatsoff2.gif

will try and add play list later....thumbsup.gif

Would like to thank Dave M for his usual excellent write up.A big thank you to Mischief and Mick for playing some superb tunes.Also to Danny for his help even though on crutches did a great job behind the decks and kept the dancefloor moving.

It was good to see some new faces and we hope you enjoyed the evening and will be back to see us in the future and of course our long standing regulars without whom we'd be nowhere.

All in all a packed night and if we get many more in we'll have to make it ticket only no.gif and close the doors.Our best attended night yet.Good to see Russ & Jo,Bob & Ann,the Farnborough associates laugh.gif Mark,Tim & Simon and the Swanage massive.

There were some great tunes played and all on original vinyl.

My playlists later when i've sorted my box.

Dave & Viv.

heres the first you-tube of the night

apologies before hand if this video does not truly represent the greatness of the night.......the music used is purely to represent the cross selection of tunes played on the night......no animals or humans were hurt in the making of this movie

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=zLHeuz6VfEc

Top nite, top sounds and top people. Great hosts in Dave & Viv- always make us so welcome. I thought the DJ's did us proud and great photo's/video Mick- nice tunes to go along with it and I'm glad you didn't put the Scunthorpe/City score up! Great to see so many people travelling to the event and always a joy chatting to the likes of Andrew & Tracey from South Wales etc. Keep up the great work!

Top nite, top sounds and top people. Great hosts in Dave & Viv- always make us so welcome. I thought the DJ's did us proud and great photo's/video Mick- nice tunes to go along with it and I'm glad you didn't put the Scunthorpe/City score up! Great to see so many people travelling to the event and always a joy chatting to the likes of Andrew & Tracey from South Wales etc. Keep up the great work!

hi matt

great to see you as always.......id never put the score up if city get hammered :thumbsup:

anyway...heres the 2nd video from the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enOv-aQhI6U

Looks like it was a top top night...fantastic...will see you at the next one...thumbsup.gif

Alfie

had a great night as usual and i can only echo all the previous comments, it was great to see all the usual suspects and it was great to see nick crocker out again especialy as he brought his young son steve with him who had a good time on the floor, so good to see some younger people still being attracted to the music, my 18 year old nephew is threatening to come to the next one!, anyway well done to dave,viv, danny, mandy and great sets from mischief and mick lloyd, can't wait for the next oneyes.gif

its always nice to get down to the uni...nice venue....excellent sound system and a warm welcome from dave and viv......

the dj line up was a mixed bunch..each bringing something different to the decks.....we arrived shortly after 8pm and were met by viv...she always looks so pleased to

see ppl..chris,danny,kerry,mandy and myself were soon joined by bob and ann and russ and jo...what a happy lot we are

two sets at the uni usually means the djs get to play a few different things early on and all four djs didnt dissappoint

the venue soon filled up nicely with locals and travellers from surrey,kent,hants and by far the furthest travellers somerset and wales....that says alot if ppl are prepared to travel some distance.....the dancefloor saw plenty of action throughout the night....a few nice sales boxes and interesting chat made for a superb night...far too many ppl to mention by name but it was great to see you all

highlight of the night for me was when dynorod arrived trying to unblock chris thorleys arse but they soon gave up

a worthwhile hour and a half drive so if you aint been then why not

you-tubes to follow

moldie

Good evening good people , Moldie, somerset or Wales the furthest ,check your sat nav ! Wigan to Bournemouth is 285 miles .via Stoke on trent makes it 300 ,but who`s counting when your going to a night of QUALITY soul . All the D.Js played great sets, my favourite set was by Mick ,Quality! I really enjoyed everyone`s sets ,and i second all the good points from all the replies ,Yes, some lesser played stuff might not have kept the floor full ,but was soon full again as each D.J. slipped a tune on to drag them back on to the great dancefloor

A venue going from strength to strength .Well done Dave ,

p.s. Moldie your a clever fooker! you`ll get a job at Pinewood .

Edited by wiganpotter

Good evening good people , Moldie, somerset or Wales the furthest ,check your sat nav ! Wigan to Bournemouth is 285 miles .via Stoke on trent makes it 300 ,but who`s counting when your going to a night of QUALITY soul .

p.s. Moldie your a clever fooker! you`ll get a job at Pinewood .

hi brian...sorry i forgot your from up that way lolololol..great to see you on sat night

the only time ill see pinewood is when they use it to make my coffin lololololol

regards moldie

Many thanks to Brian,Gary & Matt for your kind comments.Gary bring your nephew along as there's always room for the younger element plus he'll see his uncle dj'ing.Brian.respect for the distances you travel for your music and football and the kind words you had to say about my spot at Bishopstoke.Matt you know your always welcome.Hope you got Vince home ok. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Guest RussianJo

Hey Guys...Thanks for a fantastic night thumbsup.gif we had a great time.

I think you right Dave...you might have to start doing tickets and get people to bring a chair :laugh:

Lovely to see everyone, you know who you all are and Moldie is there any end to your talents?...your getting good at this :yes:

Really looking forward to the next one dave....wild horses would'nt keep us away

Until the next time Soulies

Hey Guys...Thanks for a fantastic night thumbsup.gif we had a great time.

I think you right Dave...you might have to start doing tickets and get people to bring a chair :laugh:

Lovely to see everyone, you know who you all are and Moldie is there any end to your talents?...your getting good at this :yes:

Really looking forward to the next one dave....wild horses would'nt keep us away

Until the next time Soulies

We do have a few spare chairs but not many.May have to raid Dylans,but saying that surely we should'nt need them as people should be up dancing.

As for Moldie haven't you heard he's the reason that filming for the new James Bond movie has been halted so they can get him in as director.James Cameron beware !!! :laugh:

hi brian...sorry i forgot your from up that way lolololol..great to see you on sat night

the only time ill see pinewood is when they use it to make my coffin lololololol

regards moldie

Hi mick , i could knock you up a nice coffin out of some old pallets ,if you are planning to depart us ,put me in your will ,as i will take very good care of your tunesyes.gif lollollollollol

How could you forget i was a northern tw@thuh.gif

great to see you again ,i appreciate your warped. twisted and sexist humourwhistling.gif

Dave ,no need to thank anybody ,we all enjoyed the evening ,it`s down to the punters to thank you ,we are now seeing the fruit`s of your hard work ,and the way youv`e kept it going through the leaner times ,once again well done hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif Brian.

Hi mick , i could knock you up a nice coffin out of some old pallets ,if you are planning to depart us ,put me in your will ,as i will take very good care of your tunes

IM AFRAID CAROL WANTS THEM...LOLOL

How could you forget i was a northern tw@t

I NEVER FORGOT YOU WAS A TW*T...JUST A NORTHERN ONE...LOLOLOLOL

great to see you again ,i appreciate your warped. twisted and sexist humour

A PITY A FEW OTHERS DONT

Dave ,no need to thank anybody ,we all enjoyed the evening ,it`s down to the punters to thank you ,we are now seeing the fruit`s of your hard work ,and the way youv`e kept it going through the leaner times ,once again well done Brian.

HERE HERE

MOLDIE

PS...SENT YOU A PM REGARDING LIVE FOOTAGE

Lovely to see everyone, you know who you all are and Moldie is there any end to your talents?...your getting good at this

HI RUSS AND JO...GLAD YOU LIKE THE VIDS...THANKS FOR WAVING AT ME WHILE I WAS FILMING :rolleyes:

REGARDS MOLDIE

You've left it abit late Moldie...thought you would of posted a reply sooner...

....thumbsup.gif

some of us have full time jobs alfie........we cant all be online 24/7

moldie

ITS A PITY THERE AINT ANY PLAYLISTS OR REVIEWS FROM OTHER SOUL SOURCERS THAT WERE THERE......IT CAN ONLY ENCOURAGE MORE PPL TO CHECK THE NIGHT OUT

MOLDIE

As i said in an earlier post i'd post up some of my plays from last saturday.

A selection from across three spots.

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit,Don't Force It - Valtone

Vontastics - Let Me Down Easy - Toddlin' Town

Darrell Banks - Angel Baby - Atlantic (red) UK

J.J.Daniels - Mr.Lonesome - Sure - Shot

Lou Edwards - Talkin' 'Bout Poor Folks - Columbia demo

Solomon Burke - Save It - Atlantic

Vonettes - Touch My Heart - Cobblestone

Variations - I Wanna Take You Uptown - Right - On

Shirley & Jessie - You Can't Fight Love - Wand

Peggy Paxton - It Ain't What I Do - Paula

Millionaires - Never For Me - Philips

Butlers - Laugh Laugh Laugh - Phila

Citations - Keep The Faith - Ballad

Cynthia & The Imaginations - Love Is Real - Blue Rock

James Kelly Duhon - In School - Jude.

This is just a selection from my box.There were lots of classics played as well.Something for everyone. thumbsup.gif

ITS A PITY THERE AINT ANY PLAYLISTS OR REVIEWS FROM OTHER SOUL SOURCERS THAT WERE THERE......IT CAN ONLY ENCOURAGE MORE PPL TO CHECK THE NIGHT OUT

MOLDIE

spoke to a couple of the people today that attended this event.

john clark enjoyed the night :thumbsup:

spoke a fair bit to Con Gordon who was there with his sister gloria and her partner guy, and danny loveland (they all feature in the photos and vid clips)

Con said it was the best one he had attended at the uni so far - and the crew he was with thought it was a great night.

honest feedback he gave was that there was a lot more tunes that were recognised and dancable than previous nights; which made this one far more enjoable for him.

regards,

mike thumbsup.gif

john clark enjoyed the night :thumbsup:

spoke a fair bit to Con Gordon who was there with his sister gloria and her partner guy, and danny loveland (they all feature in the photos and vid clips)

Con said it was the best one he had attended at the uni so far - and the crew he was with thought it was a great night.

honest feedback he gave was that there was a lot more tunes that were recognised and dancable than previous nights; which made this one far more enjoable for him.

regards,

mike thumbsup.gif

hi mike

thanks for the info....the djs did indeed play more to the floor than in some events at the uni.........sometimes at venues djs try to impress each other rather then play to the floor...on sat night the balance was just about right

moldie

john clark enjoyed the night thumbsup.gif

regards,

mike thumbsup.gif

Hi Mike,

Music wise this was up there with the best of them.If a record didn't work then the dj put something on that would.I don't interfere with what they play as long as its original vinyl.Only policy we have.

Yes John Clark did have a good night as did Mike (birthday boy) and the others that were with him.

You'll have to get yourself along next time your over this way.Thanks for posting up the feeback much appreciated.

See you at the alldayer in Southampton at the end of may. thumbsup.gif

Hi Mike,

Music wise this was up there with the best of them.If a record didn't work then the dj put something on that would.I don't interfere with what they play as long as its original vinyl.Only policy we have.

Yes John Clark did have a good night as did Mike (birthday boy) and the others that were with him.

You'll have to get yourself along next time your over this way.Thanks for posting up the feeback much appreciated.

See you at the alldayer in Southampton at the end of may. thumbsup.gif

Hi Dave

I was talking to Con for quite a while on the phone about this, that and the other - but the part where he talked about the Uni gig he did emphasise the quality of the music and a good night all round :thumbsup:

I only got to speak with John via text messages but he did say he enjoyed the night. I didn't know it was Mike Manyweather's birthday, but I heard about him being there, bless him :lol:

It's one I want to get to and will arrange to visit family this year when one of your nights are on. Very handy for me as my mother lives on the Talbot estate, so only a 5 min walk back to her house to doss after :D

best,

mike

Edited by mikecook

Source Advert