Customs Duty/paypal Dilemma

angry.gif Bought a Charades Key to my Happiness demo in vg plus for £155 but the post office have told me that I owe £33.00 for duty. This is the first time this has happened as most people declare the customs lower.Should I bite the bullet and pay?? or get it sent back and will I get a refund off paypal??
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

4822924587.jpg370324642625.jpg

Bite the bullet , that's a good price you paid for it , your seller should of known better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsup.gif

Well thats the word from a man who has the demo and issue........whats the going rate then??? Does this happen a lot to other buyers.I've bought a lot of records from the US and never happened before.

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Well thats the word from a man who has the demo and issue........whats the going rate then??? Does this happen a lot to other buyers.I've bought a lot of records from the US and never happened before.

you've done well then ! But they'll be watching you from now onph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Luck of the draw I'm afraid, some you win some you lose, been caught myself over the years, if you don't put the correct value on it then it could be a problem claiming if things go wrong. The PO charge for collecting the tax pushes the total cost through the roof.

Social source share

Worst one for me was buying a record at approx $200

The seller said It would need to be insured and chareged me $38 for Insured signed for -quickest way.

The worst bit was he put not just the price of the record on the customs form but added the postage to it so go charged customs on the $38 postage as well:sad:

Social source share

had to pay a fee myself

asked sender to put value on 9.99 dollars------------the record was 30-00 to sell

he wrote it in a hurry as 99.99

had to pay 31-00 fee to post office

FOR A BLOODY --30-00 TUNE

what could i do-----

I think that you could have solved this somehow. Perhaps just by telling them that it was a mistake, or in the worst case, having the seller send out some kind of confirmation that it was a mistake.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!