Plinston 7th May

Guest j a c k o

Guest j a c k o

I can't comment on any problems in the main room as I spent the whole night in the Ghetto as usual. I didn't hear anyone mentioning any problems though,so perhaps they weren't that serious and didn't detract too much from a good night. Anyway, back to the Ghetto. Yes it was a blinding night and it's easy to see why people are saying it's the best yet, but lets not do any disservice to previous guests up there.

For me personally it brought back memories of modern rooms in the early eighties and I think one of the reasons is the diversity of the sounds played by the DJs - probably due to 5 jocks in attendance. A bit of soulful garage, crossover, modern classics and upfront biggies. The perfect combination! Personal faves of the night were a Clay Hammond album track and ProFascinations biggie. Oh and JP Robinson, Archie Hodge and .....................................

Your next big problem guys is topping last Friday in the Ghetto.

Best

Jacko

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest toby

Well said JACKO,a good night enjoyed it.Dave Welding Arthur Fenn superb..Tings could go a bit better in the main hall if Neil spent a bit more time promoting and overseeing the function rather than trying to be a big name DJ ???.apart from that a good night ..(i will probably get barred now for that comment) but the truth is sometimes brutal...

Thanks for the kind comments Jacko and you are right, all guests have been great so far and I was refering more to the superb atmosphere on Friday rather than the DJ's, excellent though they were :-) Thought I saw you bopping away all night and you are right, there was just one great toon after another...Cliff Steele doing the honours at the next event July 2nd and Adam for the Anniversary in September..... As for you Toby, and after I's spared you the honour of being the first Plinston Member Poster as well!!! Whilst I wipe these tears away after your brutal comments (!) can I just point out I spent all of Friday overseeing the event and sorting out the problems we encountered and as for promotion I think you'll find, oh soon to be banned one :-) that the postings on the internet, the posters that are up all over in the local area, the 6000+ flyers (designing/printing etc), the mail-out to the 800+ membership and so on doesn't just happen by itself, that would yours truly. As I do the graveyard shift, the 1st hour, and the last hour, usually avoiding Taffy's plastic pint pots!!!!, I don't think anyone could claim I was trying to be a name DJ, besides I cant keep up with all the latest bootlegs to play ....OOOOOOPS! :-O

On a last note I've sorted out the problems with the sound in the Main Hall for the next night (hooray!) and will be introducing a new door policy, namely no entry unless you have a ticket or one reserved full-stop after 11pm, in order to test a theory - Toby of course will be the exception and not get in unless he turns up at 5pm to set-up.... TheBigO

Guest toby

You are alive then Big o Yes i will be prepared to assist you in setting up and i will also work the door i you so desire.the posting was meant to spark a reaction from you and it worked.you aint that bad (apart from the bootlegs)ooops .if you bar me you wouldnt live withyourself,Well done anyway.grovel grovel.Toby xx

Guest toby

At least i got a good mullet,hmmm.the coments made were in no way meant to be harmfull to you,but i did get you of your arsenal,(champions).the club is a great night as you well know,despite my comment,now come round here an give us a kiss.

DO NOT MENTION THE ARSE!!!!! And my beloved club has nothing to do with the Russian Mafia either (!) I hope the hand job was OK earlier :-O and will see ya again on July 2nd - now, please answer my query re: you looking like Marvin, and am assuming the cross dressing isn't the only thing you have in common :-))))))))))

Guest j a c k o

Taff says the album is called Streets Will Love You on Evejim records. Not sure of the title of the song but it was bloody fabulous.

Jacko

And yet again I was running around like a mad thing and missed all the good stuff - Jacko's right though as I caught a little snippet whilst dancing with the 'Honey Monster' briefly in The Ghetto! What a toon!!! Photos being posted later this evening from the last event :-)