Dave Pointon R.i.p

its with a sad heart i have to inform fellow soul source friends of the sad death of DAVE POINTON from MACCLESFIELD today...he was out walking with GLEN HUNTER (brian horton on soul source) and dropped dead,at the age of 53...i met dave on the last SOUL TRIP to CHICAGO and what a great bloke, such a dry sense of humour and so friendly, after a week of being in DAVES company felt like i had known him all my life...... so raise a glass to one of the nicest blokes i have EVER met.... R.I.P. DAVE.. GONE BUT WONT BE FORGOTTEN

so any good memories of dave... please add them ..picture of DAVE (2nd right) on the CHICAGO SOUL TRIP....

The_Blokes.jpg

Edited by staceys dad
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Still can't believe it. Totally shocked when Jim phoned with the very sad news. Dave was our chalet mate at Prestatyn many times and was a lovely bloke. Was expecting to see him tomorrow night with the rest of the Macc contingent at Ange's Charity do. He was a fantastic supporter of the event, always getting his employer to part with a generous donation. Yet another of our soul mates taken from us much too soon.....will play a few tunes for you tomorrow mate.. you're with so many of your heroes now. Our thoughts are with all Dave's family and friends.

R.I.P Dave Linda & Kev

Social source share

Still can't believe it. Totally shocked when Jim phoned with the very sad news. Dave was our chalet mate at Prestatyn many times and was a lovely bloke. Was expecting to see him tomorrow night with the rest of the Macc contingent at Ange's Charity do. He was a fantastic supporter of the event, always getting his employer to part with a generous donation. Yet another of our soul mates taken from us much too soon.....will play a few tunes for you tomorrow mate.. you're with so many of your heroes now. Our thoughts are with all Dave's family and friends.

R.I.P Dave Linda & Kev

Sad news indeed ! Totally shocked by Jim's news last night, especially coming on the eve of the charity night that Dave supports so well, and where we will be remembering Alan Pollard, who it seems only left us yesterday! All feeling very vulnerable just now!

According to Jim, Dave doesn't have any close family left, but he will always be remembered as part of our family anyway! He'll be sadly missed by us all, and we'll certainly raise a glass or two to him tonight!

Dave H

(photo taken at Prestatyn on my 50th, Dave on right !

post-13828-12720005167307_thumb.jpg

post-13828-12720005167307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Harrison
Social source share

Shocking news of Daves' passing away in such dramatic circumstanses. Words cannot express how all the Macc Lads and Lassies are feeling right now. Dave was a good mate to all of us. He'd been on the northern scene since he was a teenager, he was a big collector, espically motown. We were all looking forward to another get together at Cleethorpes this year, he will be sadly missed. Dave, rest in peace mate - in the great bit allnighter in the sky.

Social source share

Guest bland

We were all so shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden passing away of our friend and soul brother, Dave. We had so many great nights out notably 100 Club, Cleethorpes and the Ritz, all our thoughts go out to Dave's memory and of course all his family and friends.

What a guy.

Bob Scott, Les Hare, Stu Scott, Slim Jim, Steve Whit, Jack Harrison, John Crutch and Val Crutchley.

Social source share

What can I say great lad will be soreley missed, total shock ! Dave has allways been with us at Cleethorpes, Prestatyn and at lots of soul events. Was a regular supporter of Macc Town and he will be missed at the games, collector of rare motown from around the world and was collecting lots of rare northern recently. We will miss him from the pub on Saturday at Prestatyn, we had such a brilliant laugh, its sort of legendary with Jim Smirk, Glenn Hunter, Johnny Vare, Me, Glynn Genders, Andy Roberts and Dave Gosling, wont be the same next year. Too Young ! Ron, Andy, Glynn, Dave.

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Still in shock at the passing of Dave last week, but it makes me feel a bit better reading the nice messages on this forum, Dave had no immediate family, the nearest family he had were his friends and most of those were on the northern scene. Lifes not going to be the same without my mate Dave, Rest in Peace mate.

I will post details of his funeral when we know more.

Social source share

Still in shock at the passing of Dave last week, but it makes me feel a bit better reading the nice messages on this forum, Dave had no immediate family, the nearest family he had were his friends and most of those were on the northern scene. Lifes not going to be the same without my mate Dave, Rest in Peace mate.

I will post details of his funeral when we know more.

We realise that nothing will stop the hurting your feeling right now GLEN, but glad that nice things have been said about DAVE...thumbsup.gif ............. ..............

Social source share

Guest biggles

Ive only just heard about Dave and dont know what to say. I was in the same class as him all the way through school and he was the best mate I had there.Still used to see him on the rare occasions that I actually go to a venue and he could still make me laugh out loud. Only logged in to pay my respects and say goodbye to a genuinely top person.

Really fed up to hear it.......still crying.....peace.......acker.

Social source share

Guest brianhorton

Mainly due to a backlog caused by building work at Macc Crematorium Dave's funeral will take place on -

12 O CLOCK MIDDAY ON THURSDAY 20TH OF MAY - AT MACCLESFIELD CREMATORIUM

WAKE AFTERWARDS AT PORTERS ON ROE ST, WHERE WE WILL HAVE A GOOD DRINK TO CELEBRATE MY MATES LIFE...........

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brianhorton

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone including soul sourcers who turned up for Dave's funeral on thursday, over 150 at Macc Crem and no known relatives was a testament to the feelings people had for Dave, Money raised for the three charities totalled over £600, also thanks for the cards and floral tributes etc

Dave - Gone but not forgotten - rest In Peace mate...........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!