You Love It , But Nobody Plays It

• Replies 56
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Been Banging on about this for about 3 years, maybe too rare, or not depending on who you talk to, never seen another copy, but i know of a few, but theres not loads, Sam puts a value of £200 - £250, Kev Thomas said around £30- £50, so your guess is as good as mine

E LAMPKIN - MUSIC TURN ME LOOSE -

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Ali Mapo & His Girls - I Like Your Kind Of Love

It's definitely an aquired taste and takes a few spins to get it...quite a hard one too :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Never heard 'Huns Review' played out, but then I don't get out much these days :rolleyes:

John Manship played it last Friday at Move On thumbsup.gif

As for stuff loved but not played out enough, hundreds of them unfortunately :sad:

Social source share

Willie Hutch - After love has gone - Motownthumbsup.gif

Brenton Wood - I'm the one who knows - Liberty

Lost Generation - You only get out of love - Brunswick

Deon Jackson - When your love has gone - Carla

Roscoe Robinson - Why are you afraid - SS7

Just a few on the many I could list - if I had enough time to think about it!:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Jesse James - I Got This Feeling (Moonlite Hope 7")

Sugar "Bear" Johnson - When Your Jones Comes Down (T - Jaye 7")

Six Feet Under - Hot Foxy Woman (Le Cam 7")

Tom Green - Endless Confusion (Uk Action)

Ernie Lee Banks - Are You Ready (Afterdark 12")

Jimmy Manns - Everybody Likes It (Black Gaint 12")

Otis Jackson - Get Yourself Together (Genesis 7")

George Coles - Fate (Studio Acetate)

I do appreciate that the original question states - never heard out, I would love to hear played again Ernie Lee Banks, Otis Jackson's (old Arthur spin) and Jesse James re lauched.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

lee brackett-ruby (excello) top top tune and never heard it played outno.gif

Another one on this thread played out at Move On last Friday, this time by Adam. We keep saying we play underplayed quality and it's true. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Been Banging on about this for about 3 years, maybe too rare, or not depending on who you talk to, never seen another copy, but i know of a few, but theres not loads, Sam puts a value of £200 - £250, Kev Thomas said around £30- £50, so your guess is as good as mine

E LAMPKIN - MUSIC TURN ME LOOSE -

Love this too! Mind you I think your copy came from me if memory serves me right. I know Sam's did at Middleton.

Social source share

Arcades - Got To Be A Loser - TWIRL

Johnny Taylor - Friday Night - STAX

Lee Tilman - She's The One I Love - WHIT

The Groovers - I'm A Bashful Guy - Terri De/Minit

The list is really endless, think i will stop now before i delve into my memory banks!!

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

Another one on this thread played out at Move On last Friday, this time by Adam. We keep saying we play underplayed quality and it's true. thumbsup.gif

Just proves a point doesn't it Matt? This is what your club does for us mate thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

I've played it Johnny Boy.....heard others play it too. Dust yours off and join the club!!

Ahh, maybe I have heard it once then....when you played it!!!LOL! Is it the copy I originally had? Got another minty copy since.... £50 off ebay about 6 years back!!!

It's in my play/D.J box but never got round to playing it....I mean, these bloody 1 hour spots just don't cut it. rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Love this too! Mind you I think your copy came from me if memory serves me right. I know Sam's did at Middleton.

thumbsup.gif Yep your right, so how much did sam get his copy for, and have you got another cos ive got a mate that wants mine and it will get him off my back :wink:

Social source share

Guest marge

lee brackett-ruby (excello) top top tune and never heard it played outno.gif

Just reading through this thread and will listen to more on here

but this is a cracking track, reckon as I scroll through there are more on here that should be played out on the floor.

Good thread

Social source share

Guest marge

Play it out

what a brilliant track

Social source share

Ali Mapo & His Girls - I Like Your Kind Of Love

It's definitely an aquired taste and takes a few spins to get it...quite a hard one too :lol:

Interesting choice Beeks, was played a bit on Carms RnB forum few years ago..........sure we dug out the other version of it too (don't recall it being of any note)

17 Ali Mapo I Like Your Kind Of Love San

:yes:

Social source share

Pat Johnson & the Moonlighters - Helping Hand................Monstrous !!!

Blues Busters - Ohhhh Baby..........Ditto

Lovations - I cant forget about you (both versions, but I prefer the grittier funkier mix).

Tommie Young - Thats All a Part of Loving Him

Bobby Newton - When the Worlds at Peace

Wilson Williams - Honey Rock

& an underplayed oldie for good measure Little Rose Little - You've Got the Love........wooooooommmmmppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

100's of em, spent hours with Disco Dave last night playings discs, not one have I ever heard played out anywhere & most were worthy of a spin or two, although we both played a couple of howlers that each 'didnt get', but aint that what its all about ???.............

WILSON WILLIAMS - HONEY ROCK -

LOVATIONS - I CAN'T FORGET ABOUT YOU - CAP CITY -

TOMMIE YOUNG - THAT'S ALL A PART OF LOVING HIM - SOUL POWER -

LITTLE ROSE LITTLE - YOU'VE GOT THE LOVE -

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest welshruss

About 6 months ago i started to play this again............to close friends.......and they all loved it (again).....yep deffo needs to be played out..Old Thorne tune isnt it ?

Russ

Edited by welshruss
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

About 6 months ago i started to play this again............to close friends.......and they all loved it (again).....yep deffo needs to be played out..Old Thorne tune isnt it ?

Russ

have had this fo several year and it is in my lp bag keep meaning to play it but not goi round to it will see if i can fit it in this sat night.

mark

Social source share

What about 'The Chevrons - Love, I Love You'....what a piece of pounding blue-eyed soul!!! Never heard that out, but it must have got a few plays, it's brilliant! thumbsup.gif

Pete Robinson - RIP - used to play this all the time in Worcs / Cheltenham / Gloucs area - bit blue eyed but sounds great played loud - In fact think it is on one of the Marrs bar Anniversary CDs

Good choice

Social source share

maybe we've had this topic before , however ......when you play your records ,its the one you always play , but have never heard it played out at nite/niter. i'll start with james brown - love you for sentimal reasons

hatsoff2.gif Hi All I have always loved this record. of course I got and first herd it in 72 from Mick Smith years later i got the DEMO of him also, was this a PEP Sound or a Torch Touch? shame i don't no how to put a clip of it on here as it always sounds good even the middle 8ph34r.gif DAVE

post-13241-12748481701319_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!