Pemberton

Went to Pemberton Centre last nite. First time for me. The ladies on the door were so nice and friendly. Felt welcome from the start off.

For us what should have been just over an hour to get there, some pillock decided to close the main route which we would have taken. Took us nearly two hours to get there.

Loved the music. Chatted with good friend Dave Rimmer for some time. The locals were friendly. Made the effort to chat with you even if just for a hello.

Will definitely get back there again.

PS

See you at Marrs Bar next week Dave... Katrina says hello x (From Trina)thumbsup.gif

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Went to Pemberton Centre last nite. First time for me. The ladies on the door were so nice and friendly. Felt welcome from the start off.

For us what should have been just over an hour to get there, some pillock decided to close the main route which we would have taken. Took us nearly two hours to get there.

Loved the music. Chatted with good friend Dave Rimmer for some time. The locals were friendly. Made the effort to chat with you even if just for a hello.

Will definitely get back there again.

PS

See you at Marrs Bar next week Dave... Katrina says hello x (From Trina)thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the kind words. The girls on the door are great ambassadors and always have a smile on their faces. We try hard to get a good balance musically and keep the dance floor busy. It was great to see the place so packed given the amount of events on. We have a long break now until we return in September with Mick H on the bill. Hope you can get along, we will deffo make you welcome!

All the best, Steve.

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Pemberton, a large enthusiastic crowd, and music that really did cover all the genres from a well balanced DJ line up.

It's a great venue as well, clean, modern, and apparently the are talking about demolishing it !

Cheers to Steve for the lift to Lifeline afterwards

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Pemberton, a large enthusiastic crowd, and music that really did cover all the genres from a well balanced DJ line up.

It's a great venue as well, clean, modern, and apparently the are talking about demolishing it !

Cheers to Steve for the lift to Lifeline afterwards

Agree with Dave and very enjoyable evening, real across the board mix of tunes and people happy to dance to all. Always enjoy any night that Len has a hand in, but not forgetting the others guys involved. When they had a little trouble with the sound system early on, everyone kept their heads and got it sorted.

Had a good long chat with Dave and several others there, so was a nice social as well as a cool soul night.

Great night lads and ladies, hope to get back there again, thanks for asking me.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley

'All genres covered' is definitely true to say the least - Each complimenting the other. Thanks to our guest DJ's, you all did a grand job. Talking to folk, I know you were all appreciated.

I won't put a play list up (Unless anyone asks) But to give you an idea of variety, I managed to play Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes - Praying and Johnny Rodgers - Make a change in the same half hour set! You don't see that very often and it worked...I think! Lol

Jem finished the night with a touch of classy mid tempo including 2 Little Anthony tracks that went down a storm.

It was definitely a night of - "From the hard to find, to the just plain good"...Haven't I seen that statement somewhere before?...

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Edited by LEN

'All genres covered' is definitely true to say the least - Each complimenting the other. Thanks to our guest DJ's, you all did a grand job. Talking to folk, I know you were all appreciated.

I won't put a play list up (Unless anyone asks) But to give you an idea of variety, I managed to play Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes - Praying and Johnny Rodgers - Make a change in the same half hour set! You don't see that very often and it worked...I think! Lol

Jem finished the night with a touch of classy mid tempo including 2 Little Anthony tracks that went down a storm.

It was definitely a night of - "From the hard to find, to the just plain good"...Haven't I seen that statement somewhere before?...

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

I had a great night. I'm struggling to think of anywhere that has not only such a mix of tunes but an assortment of attendees. And unlike other places where the non soulies are a pain, at the Pembo they seem to make a real effort to get into the music, watching the dancers and joining in. It's refreshing to see. :)

Source Advert