**ended** Stormin' Soul @ Citrus Rooms **ended**

I've made no secret of the fact me and the owners/management of the club have not been seeing eye to eye recently, and it's got to the point where I can no longer work under the conditions proposed without seriously affecting the quality of the night - and this is something I am not prepared to do.

And so I feel it's time to move on rather than offer a night that doesnt offer value for money to you guys.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us over the 2+ years - it's been a pleasure (well - most of the time!) I've a load of happy memories of some wicked nights and hope you have too.

Now for some good news!

Amie and I will soon be officially announcing details of 'The New BARNSLEY ALLNIGHTER'

We have found a new IMPROVED venue (imo)yes.gif with a recently fitted new sprung wooden dancefloor, very cheap drinks, ample free on-site parking, and enthusiatic management who can't wait to have us. And its just 2mins from the nearest motorway junction!

And we are keeping our original dates (except 15 May - this came too early) so as to cause minimum disruption to the nighter calendar...

The new allnighter will very much live the Stormin' Soul values but will be revamped a bit as we move with the times...

Thanks again to everyone who attended, played, helped with flyers, equipment, soundchecks and everything else. hatsoff2.gif

Simon & Amie

Edited by Simon McMaster
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Barnsley Allnighter is dead, long live The Barnsley allnighter!!!

I for one will be there at the new venue, never had a bad night with Stormin Soul, great people, great atmosphere, a dancers fueled music policy that is the toast of South Yorkshire!

Simon & Amie, thank you for all your hard work and passion, see you at the new venue!

Edited by ImberBoy
Social source share

Thanks guys.

We had some great times there but we've got to move on and keep looking forward!

Will be posting details in the next week once I have finalised everything so keep your eyes peeled.

Citrus Rooms was a great venue for a number of reasons (atmosphere, music policy, crowd, busy record bar) but it also had its faults - (stability, seating, toilets, and dancefloor)

I think with this new place we have managed to keep the good points whilst improving on some of the issues of the old place - I am very excited!

Social source share

Hi simon, as you know weve had some great nights at the citrus rooms, not as many as we`d have liked due mainly to family commitments. But weve allways held your nighter in high regard. There has to be a time when you need to cut and run, and say enough is enough. I`m sure your new venue will be a huge success, as you and amiee have the right attitude towards your promotions. Needless to say we`ll support the venue when possible. Once again thanks for the work youve done at the citrus rooms. And all the very best for the new venue-HARRY & DIANE CROSBYthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Thanks guys.

We had some great times there but we've got to move on and keep looking forward!

Will be posting details in the next week once I have finalised everything so keep your eyes peeled.

Citrus Rooms was a great venue for a number of reasons (atmosphere, music policy, crowd, busy record bar) but it also had its faults - (stability, seating, toilets, and dancefloor)

I think with this new place we have managed to keep the good points whilst improving on some of the issues of the old place - I am very excited!

You should go for a wee wee before comming out! biggrin.gif

Social source share

No, No, Noooooo :ohmy:.

Not been for ages and was all set for 15th May, DJing at Bury Masonic and was looking forward to going from there to the Citrus Rooms to finish the night off. Bugger.

My totally selfish anger aside, good to hear you've got a new venue (for dates beyond May's) and will be carrying on regardless :D

Adam.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

gutted its had to closed

only been a handful of times the last one being when you had dave rivers on

brilliant nighter, shame it had to close but i know what its like dealing with dick head club owners so fair play to you

i for one will be looking forward to the new venue

thumbup.gif

Social source share

From the Presidential Palace of Comrade Moustache on the news of the untimely closure of Stormin....

Bugger!

Comrade Moustache

p.s. good luck with new venue, I'll be there!

Social source share

From the Presidential Palace of Comrade Moustache on the news of the untimely closure of Stormin....

Bugger!

Comrade Moustache

p.s. good luck with new venue, I'll be there!

Went to the new venue on Sat night just to see it 'in action' and wow!

Bring it on! shades.gif

You guys are in for a treat!

Saturday 14th August - be there! F**k the Citrus! beer.gif

Edited by Simon McMaster
Social source share

Guest swoz

Good luck Simon and Aime, loved my trips oop North to Barnsley and hope to see you at the new venue...:thumbup:

best wishes on your new club simon and aime..all the best.swoz@oldies

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!