Towerfull O' Soul 21St May, London Se1

Guest the major

Guest the major

Hardly seems possible that this time last year I managed to persuade Ginger Dave & Roger Hill to start up a soul nite in South London. Filling the hole left by the much missed Blue Skies in the local area, and taking on the hallowed venue once occupied by These Old Shoes. We were under no pressure then....:rolleyes:

Since then we've had a do every other month, and the reception and enthusiasm from the venue, the guest DJs and our punters has been amazing. We've kept to our 'if it's soulful; play it' policy and it sems to have struck a chord with everyone who has been down.

The venue changes hands at the end of May, so a great turnout wil help convince the new owners to keep us all on. As I read on someone's signature line recently, support your local event like it's the last, because one day it will be.

For our anniversary, the ever cheerful Bunny from Kent Soul Club is guesting for us, and we are pleased to welcome back Warren Boogaloo as our headliner.

We're on 'til 2AM, in our airconditioned, wooden floored cellar at The River Bar, 206 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UP. Entry as usual £3 before 9PM, £5 after. For a special treat, a free CD for the first 20 paying punters through the door, containing a compilation of tracks selected by loads of our guests from the last year. Plus a free anniversary badge to all who attend.

Dave, Roger and I look forward to seeing you down there.

Andy

Next gigs - Jul 23, Sep 17 & Nov 19.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the major

Looking forward to this. Should be another great night.

Cheers Warren, only a fortnight to go. Can't wait.:D

Guest GingerDave

With only two weeks go really looking forward to this one,with one year on who's coming ?:thumbsup:

Edited by GingerDave
Guest the major

First playout for a couple of new tunes. Can't wait.

Roger's just putting the finishing touches to the giveaway CD; it's a belter. Get in there early to get yours folks.

Really looking forward to this one, always a soulful treat when Warren graces the decks and this time he's joined by Bunny as our other guest DJ, so two floor packers (I said floor before any of you start!!!!).

We've got til 2AM to have a go at combining beer, soul, talc and friends to make a good-time great.

Andy

Edited by the major
Guest GingerDave

Roger's just putting the finishing touches to the giveaway CD; it's a belter. Get in there early to get yours folks.

Really looking forward to this one, always a soulful treat when Warren graces the decks and this time he's joined by Bunny as our other guest DJ, so two floor packers (I said floor before any of you start!!!!).

We've got til 2AM to have a go at combining beer, soul, talc and friends to make a good-time great.

Andy

Not long now can't wait thumbsup.gif

Hope its a belting nite Andy

Was good to chat at S4H (non event) a couple of weeks ago. :no:

Best REgards

Ash

PS: Any pork loin going spare? I'll have 5kgs all cut nicely and wrapped & spiced LOL :thumbsup::)blush.gif:wub::lol:

Guest the major

Hope its a belting nite Andy

Was good to chat at S4H (non event) a couple of weeks ago. thumbsup.gif

Best REgards

Ash

PS: Any pork loin going spare? I'll have 5kgs all cut nicely and wrapped & spiced LOL hypocrite.gifwhistling.gifblush.gifwub.giflaugh.gif

Cheers Ash, yeah really good to catch up. Shame about Dinnington, but as a promoter, we've all had 'em.

Luckilly I managed a regain at Barnsley in t' Metrodome that same night, so it was worth a scooter journey.

No pork loin but I've got a spare 7764 that needs filling in.

Guest the major

Alll fired up for tomorrow night - cds burned, badges arrived, vinyl is in the box; we just need a few good men (and women) to rock up for what promises to be a cracker with Warren & Bunny.

Hope to see a good many of you down at the River Bar

Me neither, but have a great night chaps and see you tomorrow GD thumbsup.gif

Stubbsy, you're going to miss some top tunes Tommy Ridgley, Cairos, Harvey Averne, Perry and the Harmonics, Hector Rivera, Al McCarthur, Joe Matthews and that's only the tip of the ice-berg. What ever you do tonight - do it with passion and have a good 'un tomorrow. Cheers Warren

Guest ciara

Stubbsy, you're going to miss some top tunes Tommy Ridgley, Cairos, Harvey Averne, Perry and the Harmonics, Hector Rivera, Al McCarthur, Joe Matthews and that's only the tip of the ice-berg. What ever you do tonight - do it with passion and have a good 'un tomorrow. Cheers Warren

what about your "pow wow"thumbup.gif

Cheers Ash, yeah really good to catch up. Shame about Dinnington, but as a promoter, we've all had 'em.

Luckilly I managed a regain at Barnsley in t' Metrodome that same night, so it was worth a scooter journey.

No pork loin but I've got a spare 7764 that needs filling in.

Happy Daze indeed

Hope yours is a belting nite

Keep up the good work darn sarf m8 :thumbsup:

REgards

Ash

Source Advert