• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yep JT thats yellow no ochre in sight!!!!! looks like a boot imo ;-) xxx

Not sure how good this photo is, a little blurred but it's a photo of Dave Welding's original copy :-)

post-1-1084813066_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest j a c k o

Looks okay to me. The label colour is right, the boot as far as I remember was a lemon colour. Pages was notorious for having dodgy labels including double printing but as it only used to be a fiver a time, nobody cared:) Ask the seller on what he bases it being a genuine copy and if you're happy go fo it.

Jacko

Social source share

Looks okay to me. The label colour is right, the boot as far as I remember was a lemon colour. Pages was notorious for having dodgy labels including double printing but as it only used to be a fiver a time, nobody cared:) Ask the seller on what he bases it being a genuine copy and if you're happy go fo it.

Jacko

im 110% sure this is boot. basing this on the labels look and sellers answers.

Social source share

Guest j a c k o

As with any record, if you're in ANY doubt pass on it, another will come along. I've no idea when PAGES was booted but it's not really THAT rare. I've just dug mine out and it looks like the scanned one on this list and was brought off a reputable seller. Still, there's a few niggling doubts. Oddly previous copies I've had - going back to about '82 looked more like the one for sale on ebay.

What does the JM boot guide say about it?

Jacko

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I got my copy from one of the Stafford dj's who was playing it at the time. It is the same as the scan Janine has put up. The one on ebay looks like a boot to me. The label is just too pale, and the lettering is just not 100% same font. And I dont like the look of those ridges where the label has been badly stuck on.

JMs guide says:

'The counterfeit is a straight copy of the original yellow label with red lettering. But it is a poor copy with smudges and messy print definition. The original label is clean and free from any red running into the yellow. The deadwax matrix of the original reads 196 superdisc TBS-1001-A'.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!