Black Velvet - I Shall Be Released

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I know that someone on here will have the Black Velvet's "I Shall Be Released" on Okeh, whether on single or LP.

If so, could they post it in refosoul? I don't own it (obviously) and I urgently need to hear it...

Ta

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know that someone on here will have the Black Velvet's "I Shall Be Released" on Okeh, whether on single or LP.

If so, could they post it in refosoul? I don't own it (obviously) and I urgently need to hear it...

Ta

TONE

Got a black vevet lp love city on okeh,last okeh lp i beleive is it that one ? might take a few days to find but will try Tony

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Got a black vevet lp love city on okeh,last okeh lp i beleive is it that one ? might take a few days to find but will try Tony

Hi Ken,

Yes, it's on that LP. I'm sure you'll do your best to find it for me!thumbup.gif

Cheers,

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

My favourite is the three pronged attack of Helm, Danko and Manuel from The Band !

Mike

An unbeatable triumverate, Michael, and a permanent highlight of "Music From Big Pink"...

I'm also very fond of the Heptones' version on Coxsone (with a writer credit that reads 'The Black Velvet'!)

and Marion Williams' beautiful take on Atlantic.

The Black Velvet was originally scheduled to come out on Okeh as by The Brothers Soul, there are demos credited like that but no stockers as far as I'm aware.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert