2010-10-30 Costa Del Soul Oct 30-Nov 6

A week of Sun and Soul at the 2nd Costa Del Soul, staying at the 4 star Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain.

20 DJs from the UK and Spain.

Northern, Motown, Mod and a little bit of everything else.

Passes are just £39. Full packages from £249 or simply tailor your stay by emailing us.

sales@goldsoul.co.uk www.goldsoul.co.uk

' a perfectly relaxed and entertaining get together' Mike Atherton(Echoes)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is really good value for money I am going there twise this year and I must say this is just the tonic you need before Christmas , weather was so nice last year and its a fantastic hotel , with soul every night if you want it .

Only a matter of 4 months away now so if you are looking for a bit of winter sun you may like to try this one. Great beaches within an hour , Marbelle Porta Buenus just to name two.

Hotel includes a Gym a hairdressers indoor spa and a super market on the bottom floor that sells Wrights Pies ! Plus the hotel food is soooooooooooo good I enjoyed some lovely long lunches last year.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the idea pre-Winter break. All tanned up while ol' Blighty suffers in Fog, Rain...Snow?! And there's the All You Can Eat Breafast plus 7 nights of Northern Soul,Motown,Mod, R&B and Modern Soul Anthems. 10 DJ's. Fabulous 4 star hotel, 20 minutes from Malaga airport.

Join us at the Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena. 7 nights £249 per ...person.

It's filling up fast(90% of Sea View rooms sold already). Call us at 01909-515150 or book on line www.goldsoul.co.uk

It's the idea pre-Winter break. All tanned up while ol' Blighty suffers in Fog, Rain...Snow?! And there's the All You Can Eat Breafast plus 7 nights of Northern Soul,Motown,Mod, R&B and Modern Soul Anthems. 10 DJ's. Fabulous 4 star hotel, 20 minutes from Malaga airport.

Join us at the Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena. 7 nights £249 per ...person.

It's filling up fast(90% of Sea View rooms sold already). Call us at 01909-515150 or book on line www.goldsoul.co.uk

:thumbsup: 90% sold.

:lol: Can't book yet guys as I'm awaiting the outcome of surgery I'll be having on August 24th, and not getting paid 'til I'm back at work.

Me and Pam had a great break with you all last year, so really hope we can make it.

Fingers crossed eh. :thumbsup:

- Norfolk & Chance poolside quiz team. a.k.a. Kev & Pam.

A week of Sun and Soul at the 2nd Costa Del Soul, staying at the 4 star Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain.

20 DJs from the UK and Spain.

Northern, Motown, Mod and a little bit of everything else.

Passes are just £39. Full packages from £249 or simply tailor your stay by emailing us.

sales@goldsoul.co.uk www.goldsoul.co.uk

' a perfectly relaxed and entertaining get together' Mike Atherton(Echoes)

were in Port Argeles in Oct so gonna see if we can pop down from Perpignan for this one - heard nothing but excellent feedback from all those who went last year :thumbsup:

Edited by andybellwood

:thumbsup: 90% sold.

:lol: Can't book yet guys as I'm awaiting the outcome of surgery I'll be having on August 24th, and not getting paid 'til I'm back at work.

Me and Pam had a great break with you all last year, so really hope we can make it.

Fingers crossed eh. :thumbsup:

- Norfolk & Chance poolside quiz team. a.k.a. Kev & Pam.

We do hope you make a speedy recovery. Hopefully you can be with us.

• 2 weeks later...
:no: Looking forward to sun sea and soul :yes: this is a holiday with great soul music :thumbsup: and best of all the great people on the soul scene what more could you ask for :thumbsup: , now in its 2nd year this winter holiday do'es what is say's on the flyer so see you there all the best, soulfun and love Sam Evans :ohmy::lol::D :D :shades::shades::shades::shades:
  • 3 weeks later...

Richard Cryer from Drax, Selby added to our line up.

Here's the update:

Costa Del Soul, the early Winter Break at the lovely 4 star Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain. 

Design your own holiday staying 2, 7 or 8 nights  Oct 30-Nov 6/7

Northern, Motown, Modern, Mod/60's, Jazz Funk sessions.   

20 DJs from the UK!  Great facilities.  

Book now 01909-515150 www.goldsoul.co.uk

Check out the video on YouTube:

The biggest problem with the last event was the terrible accusations laid at my door and I would like to vigorously defend myself here on this forum!

The shorts I wore to breakfast did not have specially made pockets that are the exact size of three slices of bread, nor do I have a special pocket for sachets of butter. It just so happened that at breakfast I chose to carry my bread and butter back to my table in my pockets, as my tray was full. Each morning as I had such a great time the night before and was still thinking about the quality music played I forgot about said items until I returned to my room. By which time they could only be used to make toast with, so I kept them for dinner.yes.gif

This year I will be wearing different shorts, with more pockets, two of which are waterproof for no apparent reason.wink.gif

Counting down to an excellent week with the massed ranks of the the Newark travelling soulies. Can't wait!

How could you resist this ? The Marina is a 5 miniute bus ride under 2 Euros or 7.00 Euro taxi

A Bargain at under 250.00 for a whole weeks entertainment thrown in too !

I liked the place so much I took my Mum there two weeks ago for a treat , I checked out the pies , they have a freezer full , pluss freshly made bread and cakes everyday.

Happy hour is a "two for one offer " between 6pm and 7pm and internet access is free in the bar if you choose to take your laptop with you. Dead easy and a really fast speed.

post-9590-096806700 1284722647_thumb.jpg

post-9590-042373300 1284722663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carms
Guest BintofSoul

Thats great news Nicki . This event is just packed with lots of fun , also what didn't mention is the club is so easy to get to . Its on the 5th Floor !

Fabulous! We can't wait, really looking forward to a soulful few days in Spain!

XX

How could you resist this ? The Marina is a 5 miniute bus ride under 2 Euros or 7.00 Euro taxi

A Bargain at under 250.00 for a whole weeks entertainment thrown in too !

I liked the place so much I took my Mum there two weeks ago for a treat , I checked out the pies , they have a freezer full , pluss freshly made bread and cakes everyday.

Happy hour is a "two for one offer " between 6pm and 7pm and internet access is free in the bar if you choose to take your laptop with you. Dead easy and a really fast speed.

:huh: HI SOUL FAMILY COSTA DEL SOL STYLE :ohmy:

GREAT TO BE COMING BACK TO SPAIN FOR MY SECOND YEAR, REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE SOUL FAMILY OUT THERE FOR SOME, SUN SOUL AND SANGRIA, IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE FRYER, SO WHAT YOU WAITING FOR GET THERE IF YOU CAN . SOUL FUN AND LOVE SAM EVANS. :lol:

Sea view rooms all sold out but space still available.

:thumbsup: Hi there...is it still possible to get a 7 day pass?...

Haven't booked anywhere yet but we usually have a week in Torremolinos but we thought we'd try Benalmadena this year and that this would be well worth a visit.

Guest John Poole

can't think of a better way to recover from a busy Oct than a week in the sun at Costa

Get you prepared for the busy winter schedule ahead

and gives Noge a last chance this year to put on "The Shorts" before putting them back in the draw till next year

can't think of a better way to recover from a busy Oct than a week in the sun at Costa

Get you prepared for the busy winter schedule ahead

and gives Noge a last chance this year to put on "The Shorts" before putting them back in the draw till next year

I asume you mean me Mr Poole ( Noge)

Il get you locked out like last year! :rolleyes:

The Perfect Chillout after a busy Presty!!!

post-1851-000723900 1286717656_thumb.jpg

post-1851-043225500 1286717868_thumb.jpg

Jusf a reminder.......The Perfect Early WINTER(grrrrrrrrr) Break  Costa Del Soul at the 4 star Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain. 

Join us in the Moonlight club

Oct 30-Nov 7

Northern Soul, Motown, Modern, Mod/60's, Jazz Funk sessions.   

20 DJs from the UK!  

Design the stay to suit yourself. For instance 7 nights including Breakfast and Entertainment Pass only £249. 

Book now at  www.goldsoul.co.uk

or call 01909-515150

Hi Jo (and Olaf) , very envious of you two - heard so many great things about this weekender - had hoped to make it this year , but sadly not to be . Hopefully next .:lol:

Andy & Denise

Hi Andy and Denise,

Myself and Olof thought we'd like to test drive a few days for you rolleyes.gif

Maybe a plan can come together for next year :g:

Just to let anyone interested know.....

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel in Feb for a week. Purely by chance we see the posters advertising the soul week that's coming up. Fantastic we thought ! Couldn't believe our luck and booked up to go back to the hotel in Nov for a week when we got back.

Anyway....

for anyone curious the hotel is absolutely superb and coupled with the choons that will be played I'm sure this will be a cracking holiday for anyone into our scene.

(Wouldn't mind spinning a few meself if I get the chance !!)

See ya there !! thumbsup.gif

I am looking out my window at the pouring Manchester rain .... my god we need to escape !

Its only two weeks away !

The temperature last year was perfect , not scorching but hot enough to get toasted nice and brown.

I do hope we have the pool side quiz again , it was loads of fun last year.

run by these two lovely characters picture of Dave & Sarah below :

I agree the hotel ands its facilities are fantastic I don't know why but its very popular with people from Southern Ireland ? You get a large number of Irish guests who really know how to have a good time I noticed this last year and also when I went a few months back.

I would recomend the hairdresser on the ground floor the girls are so freindly and also the nice little boutique and gym /spa as well as the restaurant for serving some fab late lunches that set you up for a nice bit of afternoon tiffin .... or sleep :ohmy: prior to the evenings entertainment . My god its all within walking distance within the hotel !

Reminds me I must check in online ! :thumbsup:

post-9590-083096500 1287466646_thumb.jpg

post-9590-083096500 1287466646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carms

I am looking out my window at the pouring Manchester rain .... my god we need to escape !

Its only two weeks away !

The temperature last year was perfect , not scorching but hot enough to get toasted nice and brown.

I do hope we have the pool side quiz again , it was loads of fun last year.

run by these two lovely characters picture of Dave & Sarah below :

I agree the hotel ands its facilities are fantastic I don't know why but its very popular with people from Southern Ireland ? You get a large number of Irish guests who really know how to have a good time I noticed this last year and also when I went a few months back.

I would recomend the hairdresser on the ground floor the girls are so freindly and also the nice little boutique and gym /spa as well as the restaurant for serving some fab late lunches that set you up for a nice bit of afternoon tiffin .... or sleep :D prior to the evenings entertainment . My god its all within walking distance within the hotel !

Reminds me I must check in online ! :thumbsup:

Carmen.......Any chance you can do my quiz session? My front gets a tanning but need to do the back laugh.gif

Carmen.......Any chance you can do my quiz session? My front gets a tanning but need to do the back laugh.gif

That quiz was so funny I liked the bogus answers people kept giving I have to hand it to Dave he handled it all so well :D and wasn't Kingy competative , he really wanted to win bless.

Be great to have a name that tune Cd of just short intros wouldn't it :unsure: now that can be arranged :lol:

Bag is 75% packed and just got to add my CD's I am using on Friday night to my luggage and Saturday morning away we go.

This will be one of the few times I don't mind getting in at 1.30am to get up at 4.30am to fly to a week of quality entertainment.

Now a total of 10 coming from little old Newark. A couple more and we could have our own pool.

Looking forward to just about all of it, and if Sam Evans mentions my breakfast habits to everyone its a lie biggrin.gif

Guest BintofSoul

Just a reminder if you plan to visit the Malaga area between Oct 30-Nov 6 you can join us in the Moonlight Club, Benalmadena. Simply pay on the door.

Boarding passes printed, apartment keys received, passport ready so just need to pack! See you on Wednesday :lol: !

Yes countdown here we come , most things packed CD'compiled ( some nice chill out sounds for around the pool) , pre holiday hair appointment booked for tomorrow night.

Just nails to do now and finish off the aclimatization of a nice bottle of Sangria I purchased last week.

Should hit the bar around midday Saturday as we have a 5am flight :hatsoff2:

• 2 weeks later...

what a fantastic week

hotel fab

weather fab

music fab

beer fab

cheers guys see you next year

:thumbsup::hatsoff2: TOP SOULIES TO LOL :thumbsup::thumbsup: SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM AND ANDY :lol: SEE YOU NEXT YEAR DON'T FORGET TO BOOK YOUR ROOM FOR SOME MORE SOULFUN AND SUN :lol:

Edited by XSS

Hi Everyone,

9 of us went down to The Costa del Sol from up t'north in the Costa Blanca (Torrevieja), from the Monday to Thursday - only 5 hours each way ( Spain is a BIG country!)

Went to the venue all 3 nights and had a fab time.  That marble dancefloor was excellent and so good to dance on, although my legs were killing me the next two days afterwards.

We were staying down the road, so I never got the chance to pop along to the afternoon get togethers, to say hi and find out more about what has been happening since the days I used to go to the 100 Club, Peterborough, Stafford etc.  Apart from dj'ing at the Orihuela Scooter Club Northern Soul Nights a few years ago I had been out of the NS scene a long, long time.

It was great to hear some of the old classics and a lot of newer stuff - where do I begin to start catching up....lol?

I hope to attend the rare soul weekender in Mojacar next Summer and to get back down to the CDS even in 2011.  Also hoping to arrange the odd NS night in and around Villamartin/Orihuela Costa.

Regards,

Johnny

• 3 weeks later...

The two days which we attended were great fun, excellent mixture of location, weather, people and music. The downside was arriving back at cold, rainy, foggy, 'orrible Stansted a couple of days later - we felt like turning round and booking tickets straight back to the Costa. We look forward to meeting y'all again next year, and I hope they'll let me have another go on the decks - Sue Records guaranteed.

Mike