Metrodome

Guest Tarnlad

Guest Tarnlad

Brilliant night as always, tinged with a touch of sadness. on arrival no joy or yockie at the door as is normal for this night. after a few moments in the main room i was asked if i had heard the news that yockie had been taken to hospital with chest pains. This news quickly put a damper on the night.

Never the less the Soulie's in attendance did what we do best , danced our legs off. Some superb music was played in the main room and i even managed a few tripes in to the chill out room where there seemed to be a great vibe also.

i.m sure the yockminster will be champing at the bit to get released from BDGH as soon as possible, in the mean time can i just wish him a speedy recovery .... KTF

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest aaz19tdi

Another top night, great sounds, also like to wish the yockmeister a speedy recovery and chin up nel, remember what PP Arnold said, everythings going to be alright, right iam off to bed-e-by,s after the 2 hour drive home, well worth the travel from Northants to Barnsley.

Another top night, great sounds, also like to wish the yockmeister a speedy recovery and chin up nel, remember what PP Arnold said, everythings going to be alright, right iam off to bed-e-by,s after the 2 hour drive home, well worth the travel from Northants to Barnsley.

Lady B and I arrived to be told the news by Barney , that my adopted son was in Barnsley General .

The news of , and my concern for Yocky being in dock marred my enjoyment somewhat , and you could tell that this was the same for those involved " front of house - especially Nel - that it had put a damper on the normal Metrodome " run of the mill " activities .

Despite this , the night was again a success , with all the disc jockey mesters behind the records players in both rooms keeping the assembled revellers entertained on and off the floor . Good to see - and hear - exiled Pom Mr Warren again.

On the recorded music front , both rooms seemed to have kicked up a gear quality wise last night , and one of the highlights to my tabs , was during one of my sorties into the COR , when I was greeted by the wonderful strains of Bessie Banks' " Don't You Worry Baby , The Best Is Yet To Come " - just how good is that record ?

Once again 10/10 . :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Guest elnel

Just spoke to joy ,and ime very happy to report that yocki is feeling a lot better this morning ,he,s been moved to a diffrent ward and been allowed out of bed ,no news on what the exact problem is but it sounds like its under control now so that can only be good ,ile post again when i hear more , on last night can I start by saying a massive thank you to all the people who mucked in to help out especialy BRI AND ANGIE you were both brilliant and we couldnt have possibly have managed without you ,thank you both so very much ,I was a bit shell shocked in the afternoon and not much good to anybody but I think i managed to pull round in time for the night and what a night we had ,all the DJs played absolutely brilliant spots and the dance floor was packed right up to the end of the last record . John Warren ,what can I say about this man he played a top draw set as usual and his passion just blew everyone away .top man . thanks to everyone who attended and made it a great night again , despite a lot of stuff going on round and about our numbers stayed up , and despite me being wooried to death about my little brother yocki . we had a top top night again ,thank you xx Ile post any news i hear about yocki .xxx

Guest SoulSceneRob

Hi guys n gals, we were sad to hear about Yockie yesterday. sad.gif We were enjoying a Bangin dayer as you all were at the Met. Me n Mark wish you a SPEEDY recovery mate, sort ya sen out. wave.gif We love ya 2 bits buddy. STILL, happy to hear he's feeling better today thumbup.gif Chin up Joy he's gonna be fine. . . yes.gif Hoping to see you all SOON.

Lots a love

Rob / Mark & the Grosvenor Crew. . . .

X X X

Guest Mezhouse

I've just seen the news about Yocky. Get well soon sweetie and take it easy! Joy, lots of people out here thinking about you both. You HAVE to be right for Bridlington!!!!

Love you both lots,

Jo xx

We thought it a bit odd no Joy or Yockie about when we arrived but soon found out why. Get better soon, Yockie, keep smiling Joy, you were both missed but it has to be said that the rest of the team did you proud and produced another great night.

Many thanks to the Metrodome Crew for arranging the tables for our friends and providing the balloons and card for my birthday despite all that was going on. The balloons and the massive 60 badge I wore are now in our front window declaring to the street that I am now the third oldest resident. I dare not tell you who the second oldest is or she will kill me lol.

A massive thanks also to all the friends and family who came to help celebrate my birthday, the first taste of Northern Soul for some, and paricularly my identical twin brother from another mother, Alan, who made the journey over from Manchester. It was his first visit to Barnsley for a soul night and he thought the Metrodome brilliant and says he will be back. Two people actually wished HIM Happy Birthday !!!! Thanks also for the good wishes sent up from the Grosvenor Rooms, much appreciated.

I am off soon to DJ at Gawber Road Club opposite the hospital so I'll ask for the windows to be opened wide so Yockie can hear.

Thanks again, everyone. KTF John

Edited by JohnBarnsley
Guest elnel

Just spoke to a very relived but very tired Joy and the good news is Yocki is home ,he will have to go back to hospital for further tests on treadmills and things like that but he is at least home wich is good . Joy says theyre both very tired and are gonna have a much needed sleep now .so I think its best if we dont phone for a day or so ,then they can have a good rest, they both send there love and thanks for everyones kindness and concern . so fingers crossed we should see them about and about again in the future . xx

Just spoke to a very relived but very tired Joy and the good news is Yocki is home ,he will have to go back to hospital for further tests on treadmills and things like that but he is at least home wich is good . Joy says theyre both very tired and are gonna have a much needed sleep now .so I think its best if we dont phone for a day or so ,then they can have a good rest, they both send there love and thanks for everyones kindness and concern . so fingers crossed we should see them about and about again in the future . xx

So good to hear that The Yockmeister is back home .

Malc Burton

Lady B and I arrived to be told the news by Barney , that my adopted son was in Barnsley General .

The news of , and my concern for Yocky being in dock marred my enjoyment somewhat , and you could tell that this was the same for those involved " front of house - especially Nel - that it had put a damper on the normal Metrodome " run of the mill " activities .

Despite this , the night was again a success , with all the disc jockey mesters behind the records players in both rooms keeping the assembled revellers entertained on and off the floor . Good to see - and hear - exiled Pom Mr Warren again.

On the recorded music front , both rooms seemed to have kicked up a gear quality wise last night , and one of the highlights to my tabs , was during one of my sorties into the COR , when I was greeted by the wonderful strains of Bessie Banks' " Don't You Worry Baby , The Best Is Yet To Come " - just how good is that record ?

Once again 10/10 . :hatsoff2:

Malc Burto

Hi to Yocki & Joy, hope you well soon mate, your one of the best lads on the scene dearly loved by all, get up and fighting mate, see you at Bridlinton,

regards

Steve Gainey

Edited by greenways
Guest bigbouncyal

Just spoke to joy ,and ime very happy to report that yocki is feeling a lot better this morning ,he,s been moved to a diffrent ward and been allowed out of bed ,no news on what the exact problem is but it sounds like its under control now so that can only be good ,ile post again when i hear more , on last night can I start by saying a massive thank you to all the people who mucked in to help out especialy BRI AND ANGIE you were both brilliant and we couldnt have possibly have managed without you ,thank you both so very much ,I was a bit shell shocked in the afternoon and not much good to anybody but I think i managed to pull round in time for the night and what a night we had ,all the DJs played absolutely brilliant spots and the dance floor was packed right up to the end of the last record . John Warren ,what can I say about this man he played a top draw set as usual and his passion just blew everyone away .top man . thanks to everyone who attended and made it a great night again , despite a lot of stuff going on round and about our numbers stayed up , and despite me being wooried to death about my little brother yocki . we had a top top night again ,thank you xx Ile post any news i hear about yocki .xxx

hello nell and jean

it was a magic night we all new it must have been tough with out yocki and joy but you diddint have to worry at all

its great news he is home and get well soonthumbsup.gif

big al and wendy

Netty and myself, once again, had a terrific time up 'tnorth with the 'Tarns'.

Yocky's illness meant I missed my 'mucky-fat' from Joy but this is balanced of by the fact the young scamp is now back at home and improving in health.

Spent most of the night in the 'Oldies Room' which was sporting a new (to me) indoor marquee effect or was that just to help the special 60th celebration going on this night?

We did, of course venture into Mark & Geordies Chill-Out zone and the tunes played there were most certainly to die for. Mid-tempo cross and modern mixed with some 'older-modern' a recipe for true Soul Heaven but..... strangely, we kept getting drawn back into the Oldies arena.

For some reason I just felt like dancing to those memories that were so fresh to my teenaged ears back in the early-mid seventies, the best of BOTH worlds. The 'Oldies' dee-jays were proficient but in my humblest of opinions Bridgey once again turned out tune after tune after tune akin to my flavour of 'oldies'.

Well done guys, all the last minute panic due to Steven's inconvenient illness went, in the main, un noticed by the vast majority.

If one really wants to pi@@ Yocky off when he's out and about once more (as he surely will be) just tell him what a great night he missed! (I'm gonna!!!)

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Brilliant night as always, tinged with a touch of sadness. on arrival no joy or yockie at the door as is normal for this night. after a few moments in the main room i was asked if i had heard the news that yockie had been taken to hospital with chest pains. This news quickly put a damper on the night.

Never the less the Soulie's in attendance did what we do best , danced our legs off. Some superb music was played in the main room and i even managed a few tripes in to the chill out room where there seemed to be a great vibe also.

i.m sure the yockminster will be champing at the bit to get released from BDGH as soon as possible, in the mean time can i just wish him a speedy recovery .... KTF

agree with your comments.

gladly as nel says he is home.

when nel and myself popped up to see him sat mornin we were quite worried sad.gif

one of the first things yocky uttered whilst takin in oxygen was SORRY IVE LET YOU DOWN NEL.

well what else would you expect him to say.

his joy was at his side and was going nowhere.

guys it wasnt the same without you both but team tarn pulled together and all was well

angie n bri did a great job as did ian n rest of team

you would have been proud to b there last nite d.js were the bees kneesyes.gifyes.gif

tek it easy BOTH OF YA) n we will see you soon.

and john glad you had a good birthday.x

agree with your comments.

gladly as nel says he is home.

when nel and myself popped up to see him sat mornin we were quite worried sad.gif

one of the first things yocky uttered whilst takin in oxygen was SORRY IVE LET YOU DOWN NEL.

well what else would you expect him to say.

his joy was at his side and was going nowhere.

guys it wasnt the same without you both but team tarn pulled together and all was well

angie n bri did a great job as did ian n rest of team

you would have been proud to b there last nite d.js were the bees kneesyes.gifyes.gif

tek it easy BOTH OF YA) n we will see you soon.

and john glad you had a good birthday.x

all comments true to form , great nite as always , team tarn fantastic esp ang n bri , nel n gean brill as always , get well soon yocky we missed ya both , xx

regards mickey

Guest mooma

First time at the metrodome but it certainley wont be my last!!! BRILLIANT venue great sounds dance floor always full!!! Take note mr taylor as ur session at the beehive was played to an empty floor!!!! 10 out of 10 !!!! shame its only on Bank hols!!!

soz to hear about Yocky hope he gets better soon!!!

sue bushby

Twas a big shock to learn Steve Had taken ill suddenly on sunday morning, we were all sat at the metrodome waiting to set up when we were told, but im glad to hear you are doin OK...My cardiology appointment is 3pm on wednesday afternoon on the tread at Barnsley DGH so if your up for it Steve I'll race you :lol:

But the well oiled and organised machine that is the Metrodome soul nights swung into action and Team tarn who are always on hand to set up every event got the event ready that steve and Joy would have been proud of. many many thanks Guys & gals :thumbsup:

on the night I stayed mainly in our beloved Chill out area simply because Mr John Benson graced our decks and we let him carry on for an hour and a half, Superb, brilliant, and as ever totally educational is what i would describe johns set.

It comes to a point when you think that if john lists what records he hasnt got, it would be easier to list than what he has.....phenominal

I strayed onto the dance floor far more than im used to when John was on and my calves were feeling it on monday morning.

Nice to see some new faces in the chill out and a big thanks to the regular supporters

Mr Burton al put bessie banks on to a cd for thee

Cheers

Geeooooooordie

Guest AndyL

Well i travelled up with my cousin and best buddie Johnny Redpants to be greeted by Nel with the awful news of Yocky being ill. Really pleased he is at home now and on the mend .

I know Johnny was really looking forward to seeing him.

Anyways thanks to Nel and Jean for putting us up ably assisted by Val, it was really nice to meet you guys. You sure know how to make people feel welcome and i thank you deeply for your kindness and friendship.

I was honoured to once again see my cousin DJ with the enthusiasm he has always shown to this great music and scene which we support. We started our Northern Souls experience with frquent trips to the great Blackpool Mecca in the mid to late 70's and this certainly influenced John's playlist which was greatly received.

I was greatly impressed by the Metrodome with the quality of music and the friendly people who made us feel welcome and it was well worth the journey from Northants. All Dj's got the music spot on.

Hope Yocky gets back to full health soon and i will certainly visit the Metrodome in the future

Take care all of you

Andy

Guest Bernie p

Just a line to say thankyou to all who rallied round on Sunday for the best bash in town at The Metrodome.

It was a shock to hear about Yocky. Were thinking about you, Joy and the family. Bernie would like to thank

everyone for making his first time Djing at the Metrodome a brilliant night. A special thanks to Yocky and Joy for inviting me to spin the vinyl over in Yorkshire and Angie n Bri for the new Duckworth Suite.

Bernie n Shaz alias Jack n Vera

The Lancashire Lodgers hatsoff2.gif

Guest the major

Not on my original plan to attend, but well worth the trip up from a soggy London that morning on the PX.

Nice to have met a whole bunch of folk.

Guest aaz19tdi

Not on my original plan to attend, but well worth the trip up from a soggy London that morning on the PX.

Nice to have met a whole bunch of folk.

Hello chap,Hope you got home alright.

Kev+ karen,s friends Lee+Kathryn.

Guest the major

Hello chap,Hope you got home alright.

Kev+ karen,s friends Lee+Kathryn.

I did thanks, 5 hours including 2 fuels stops and a kentucky.

Got an arse like I've been at Barrymore's for the weekend.....:laugh:

Guest kev such

I did thanks, 5 hours including 2 fuels stops and a kentucky.

Got an arse like I've been at Barrymore's for the weekend.....laugh.gif

Happy memories of the mess eh Andy?

Kev - he was always "a mess" trust me I know from experience :thumbup:

Good to have met up and I really enjoyed the old Sapper banter - Ubique! :rolleyes:

Hope to get down to The Cracker in future :yes:

Best REgards

Ash

Guest rushden

Arrived at Mexborough train to be by told by Nel that are much loved freind Yockie was not the best , hope ya on the mend mate and see ya at Bridlington and Joy who i missed seeing . Heard a lot about this venue and it certainly lives up to its reputation . I would like to thank you all for the great welcome & i find it an enormous honour to get to play the records i love passionatly, hope to back one day and hope to see some of you at bridlinton if not before.

A quick thank you for my cousin Andy on joining me & Chris Dalton for popping up to see me and the surport of the fellow Northants crew it was very appreciated see ya at the cracker on 22nd. best a frozen red pants

Many Many thanks to all that came to the Metrodome on Sunday. We hope you all had a cracking night, but unfortunately Yocky and Me were other wise engaged elsewhere!!! Can we just say a massive thanks to all that came to our rescue, too many to mention, including all Team Tarn, but we do not know what we would have done without you all. Can we both say we were touched and over whelmed by all the lovely messages that were sent for Yocky, and it just confirmed that we already new , what a beautiful loving scene we are all involved with.(Some acutally brought a tear to Yocky's eye's which doesn't happen very often, but nice to see.) Also can we thank Elnel for his expert medical opinion and confirmation that Yocky does not have a hole in his heart, he had left a polo mint in his shirt pocket when the x-ray was taken lol.Cheers Pal! But seriously everything is ok and we both look forward to seeing you at the Metrodome on the 30th May if not before.

All the Best

Yocky and Joy x

Ps Yes we will see you in Brid Johnny if not before.

Many Many thanks to all that came to the Metrodome on Sunday. We hope you all had a cracking night, but unfortunately Yocky and Me were other wise engaged elsewhere!!! Can we just say a massive thanks to all that came to our rescue, too many to mention, including all Team Tarn, but we do not know what we would have done without you all. Can we both say we were touched and over whelmed by all the lovely messages that were sent for Yocky, and it just confirmed that we already new , what a beautiful loving scene we are all involved with.(Some acutally brought a tear to Yocky's eye's which doesn't happen very often, but nice to see.) Also can we thank Elnel for his expert medical opinion and confirmation that Yocky does not have a hole in his heart, he had left a polo mint in his shirt pocket when the x-ray was taken lol.Cheers Pal! But seriously everything is ok and we both look forward to seeing you at the Metrodome on the 30th May if not before.

All the Best

Yocky and Joy x

Ps Yes we will see you in Brid Johnny if not before.

A photograph being taken and he hadn't got his shirt off? That must be a first.

Glad to hear your okay mate thumbsup.gif