A1 Soul - Saturday 15Th May

A1 Soul - Saturday 15th May

Grantham Squash, Club Harlaxton Road,

Grantham, Lincs. NG31 7JX

Presents Quality Soul music from the 70's onwards.

Super venue with seating area, wooden dance floor, great sound system, large car park with cctv. 8pm -1am £4otd

DJ's Sam Evans, Andy Baskett, Barry Cooper with Guest STEVEJ (ITS)

Easy to find we are just off the A1 / A607 junction Nr Grantham.

Tel 07768 216549 or 02476 745647 for more info

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest steve jay

A1soul is always an unmissable event for us , but is it really 2 years since the very first time I joined you as the first guest dj??

This one also sees another(probably very messy) birthday ph34r.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifcelebration and on a personal note the only thing for me better than attending as a patron is to have the opportunity to spin some tunes once more ,Im away til next week but cant wait to get back for this

See ya there

Steve

Edited by steve jay

all being well barry we'll be coming, like steve says always a great night.

rupe

It would be good to see you Rupe, hope you can make it.

Barry

Anyone who is interested in staying over there are 4 rooms available at Premier Inn Hotel right across the road, special rate (as of 1200 today Sat 8th May)

Other Hotels & B&B's nearby give us a call if you need any information.

Barry

Anyone who is interested in staying over there are 4 rooms available at Premier Inn Hotel right across the road, special rate (as of 1200 today Sat 8th May)

Other Hotels & B&B's nearby give us a call if you need any information.

Barry

Hi Barry, Sam & Andy, we're gonna try and make this and it will be a first for us at A1. Got problems with the car at the moment spewing out either brake fluid or oil. If I can get this fixed we should be there. Really looking forward to it after hearing all the reports previously. Cheers Paul & Ann

Streuth Barry has it really been 2 years, For me this night has always been the jewel in the crown of the East Midlands "progressive" scene, we get some awsome soul played here by some of the best DJ's around and long may that continue. Big congrats to Barry, Sam & Andy and I'll defo see you on Saturday thumbsup.gif

Yes John its been 2 years since we started A1 Soul, thanks for your support and kind comments and talking of DJ's we have Sean Hampsey on in August and Conrad at the following one.

there will be a free CD on the night (inc the Deborah Bell tune)

look forward to seeing you Saturday

Edited by Guest
Guest mrjp

hi barry .wish we had known about this a couple of weeks ago , afraid we are out with friends for a meal ,i think you are doing a great job for soul music in lincs , keep pushing the modern , hopefully be at your next one , have a great night ,we will be thinking about you all , best ,john and vicky

hi barry .wish we had known about this a couple of weeks ago , afraid we are out with friends for a meal ,i think you are doing a great job for soul music in lincs , keep pushing the modern , hopefully be at your next one , have a great night ,we will be thinking about you all , best ,john and vicky

Hi John & Vicky

We will do our best, you enjoy your meal out and to let you know the next A1 Soul is on August 28th (guest Sean Hampsey -Just Soul) hope to see you then or somewhere before.

Barry & Pam

Hi Barry is this the "Close your eyes" track?

Paul

Yes Paul it is, guess you know it then, played it at Mansfield Modern sessions couple of weeks ago.

Barry

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Barry, :wink:

Not sure if we will be able to make our inaugural trip to "A1 Soul" on Saturday. :sad::sad:

We have an 80th birthday bash (NO NOT MINE!) :laugh: on Sunday and need a clear head. :hypo:

Sure you will be "RUSTLING" (IVE HEARD ITS COMMON PLACE UP THAT WAY!) :laugh: a "FEAST" of quality tunes to coincide with the birthday bash taking place at Grantham. :wicked:

Atb

Tom & Therese :thumbup:

Hi Barry, :wink:

Not sure if we will be able to make our inaugural trip to "A1 Soul" on Saturday. :sad::sad:

We have an 80th birthday bash (NO NOT MINE!) :laugh: on Sunday and need a clear head. :hypo:

Sure you will be "RUSTLING" (IVE HEARD ITS COMMON PLACE UP THAT WAY!) :laugh: a "FEAST" of quality tunes to coincide with the birthday bash taking place at Grantham. :wicked:

Atb

Tom & Therese :thumbup:

Hi Tom

Are you sure its not your birthday:laugh: just kidding, hope to see you over these parts in the future, that Rustling is from them over there in Spalding :yes:

Barry & Pam

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tom

Are you sure its not your birthday:laugh: just kidding, hope to see you over these parts in the future, that Rustling is from them over there in Spalding :yes:

Barry & Pam

If we do venture out Saturday, it will be in your direction. thumbsup.gif

hi barry just wondering is dj. campbell making an apperance ? see you soon thumbsup.gif

Nahh....................... he a oldies DJ...................good job this came today, to gutted to reply before best team on the night won easy, anyway Que sera sera.........................so are you coming on Saturday and letting Carol have a good modern night out along with Andy & Shaz.

Barry (still a red)

:lol: HI TO EVERY BODY ON SOULSOURCE IF YOUR INTO YOUR 70S TO Y2K COME ALONG TO OUR 2ND YEAR PARTY WITH STEV J AS OUR GUEST RESIDENT DJS BARRY COOPER ANDY BASKETT AND ME SAM EVANS:thumbsup: JUST HAD PHONE CALLS FROM ALAN AND LINDA FROM BRADFORD WHO ARE BOOKED IN TO THERE HOTEL ALSO KAREN AND NIGE WHO ARE ALSO COMING TO HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AT A1 SOUL SO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY DON'T BE LATE:no: :lol::thumbsup:

Nahh....................... he a oldies DJ...................good job this came today, to gutted to reply before best team on the night won easy, anyway Que sera sera.........................so are you coming on Saturday and letting Carol have a good modern night out along with Andy & Shaz.

Barry (still a red)

dont know yet barry its brother in laws birthday saturday and funnily enough hes a red as well so i might need to cheer him up :D if not will see you both soon have a good un .

thumbsup.gif HI TO EVERY BODY ON SOULSOURCE IF YOUR INTO YOUR 70S TO Y2K COME ALONG TO OUR 2ND YEAR PARTY WITH STEV J AS OUR GUEST RESIDENT DJS BARRY COOPER ANDY BASKETT AND ME SAM EVANS:thumbsup: JUST HAD PHONE CALLS FROM ALAN AND LINDA FROM BRADFORD WHO ARE BOOKED IN TO THERE HOTEL ALSO KAREN AND NIGE WHO ARE ALSO COMING TO HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AT A1 SOUL SO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY DON'T BE LATE:no: thumbsup.gif:lol:

Yes Sam looking forward to our 2nd year bash tonight

DJ times

8 - 9 Barry/Andy/Sam

9 - 10 Barry Cooper

10 - 11 Andy Baskett

11 - 12 Steve J (Guest)

12 - 1am Sam Evans

dont forget free CD tonight (one per couple)

Yes Sam looking forward to our 2nd year bash tonight

DJ times

8 - 9 Barry/Andy/Sam

9 - 10 Barry Cooper

10 - 11 Andy Baskett

11 - 12 Steve J (Guest)

12 - 1am Sam Evans

dont forget free CD tonight (one per couple)

Looks like me and Ann are coming Barry. Got a slight problem which could impair my dancing, I now only have one arm and leg as I have had to fund emergency car repairs this week. Looking forward to this and expectations are high. You have been warned! Sorry that Forest did'nt make it, chin up as I would swap places with you at this point in time. See ya later. P & A

Looks like me and Ann are coming Barry. Got a slight problem which could impair my dancing, I now only have one arm and leg as I have had to fund emergency car repairs this week. Looking forward to this and expectations are high. You have been warned! Sorry that Forest did'nt make it, chin up as I would swap places with you at this point in time. See ya later. P & A

It'll be great to see you two, (no pressure then) if it helps the rounds on me, see you later.

Barry & Pam

ps now I know your coming I'll play Gabin " Into My Soul "

Edited by Guest

It'll be great to see you two, (no pressure then) if it helps the rounds on me, see you later.

Barry & Pam

ps now I know your coming I'll play Gabin " Into My Soul "

Unfortunately I'll not be drinking Barry as with the car business we're not booked in to a hotel so its a long drive both ways. Gabin sounds good to me and anything else as your musical choice is usually spot on. Ah well I'll try and watch Pompey v Overpaid Chelsea but no real interest there for me. Cheers Paul

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tom

Are you sure its not your birthdaylaugh.gif just kidding, hope to see you over these parts in the future, that Rustling is from them over there in Spalding yes.gif

Barry & Pam

Looks like we will be over for a couple/five hours see you at eight. laugh.gif

Tom & Therese wink.gif

Looks like we will be over for a couple/five hours see you at eight. laugh.gif

Tom & Therese wink.gif

Great Tom & Therese see you later, just off to set up with Sam & Andy

Barry