100 Club: The Remedy

Clarkie's always top of the list: a 100 Club ledge. Unfortunately his personal life precludes him DJing in the immediate future.

hatsoff2.gif Ady I must admit that as you are aware only visited 3 times and that was with Jim SILES, however even though I am going through hard times If someone could give me a lift I would turn up evey nighter requesting WOLVES STOMPERS and I realy mean this you lot to me are real Soul Brothers whose roots are drenched in soul stew, if you cant get them in I will do a spot with Wolverhamptons Harpo! yow wot our kid?ph34r.gif Dave(still owns the issue of Dr love bought from you)..GOOD LUCK MATE

Social source share

• Replies 74
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Clarkie's always top of the list: a 100 Club ledge. Unfortunately his personal life precludes him DJing in the immediate future.

Is he still in Norfolk mate.. I'm up their most weekends always think of him when i pass the sign to Nth Walsham

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Looks like May is going to be packed, but I'm also planning to do July etc to keep the support going which is needed long term...

Mark Cwink.gif

hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

I had a very good meeting with the owner of the 100 Club yesterday and we can do the following.

The dancefloor will be polished with proper polish not the non-slip one they've been using. Talc is still banned unless any of the other promoters know a way of cleaning it up without it going all over the shop. However it shouldn't be necessary now anyway.

Put the cloakroom back where it was to the right of the main bar; it makes a great hang out for reprobates.

Coffee available at the bar after 2 am.

We can have some evening dances added on.

We can move the October date to avoid clashing with Lifeline

More tables will be available.

The one thing we couldn't do is get the license extended to 7am as the club is in a very strict area defined by the Met and no clubs are allowed after 6am in the area. I'll investigate after clubs/cafes.

Ady

Social source share

I had a very good meeting with the owner of the 100 Club yesterday and we can do the following.

The dancefloor will be polished with proper polish not the non-slip one they've been using. Talc is still banned unless any of the other promoters know a way of cleaning it up without it going all over the shop. However it shouldn't be necessary now anyway.

Put the cloakroom back where it was to the right of the main bar; it makes a great hang out for reprobates.

The one thing we couldn't do is get the license extended to 7am as the club is in a very strict area defined by the Met and no clubs are allowed after 6am in the area. I'll investigate after clubs/cafes.

Ady

can you not do a close and reopen

close and clear club

wait 5 mins

reopen as something else

may have to drop the music etc

may earn some extra revenue - coffee etc

dunno ought about license details involved so apoligies if heath whatshisname

Social source share

can you not do a close and reopen

close and clear club

wait 5 mins

reopen as something else

may have to drop the music etc

may earn some extra revenue - coffee etc

dunno ought about license details involved so apoligies if heath whatshisname

If you register with "Trainline" you can buy your cheap deals usually 3 months in advance, if they are not up they will text you when they do come up... this saves a fortune and gives you plenty time to save for spending money.....thumbsup.gif

Philly

Social source share

Guest Kolla

We have been on Facebook for a couple of years now and amassed a great fan base worldwide but please do let us know if you have any recommendations for stuff you'd like to see up there.

We'll definately be adding audio sound bytes to the 6Ts site soon and I think it would be great, as Ally, Steve and others suggested, to publish information on cheap hotels, as well as pre / post-nighter meeting places each month. Hmm... plenty food for thought.

Visit 6Ts Facebook fan page

Follow 6Ts on Twittter

Edited by Kolla
Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

Ady

Yay-that's me-I'm an original reprobate! This will get the cloakroom posse back together! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Yay-that's me-I'm an original reprobate! This will get the cloakroom posse back together! :shades:

Is it bad that this bit excited me some what. Jet... come in from the cold, my love!

Social source share

Ady

Its done the world of good to throw the 100 club thread on here Ady.... Plenty points brought up and great feedback....

The 100 club holds a special place in so many hearts and i'm glad to see that possitive strides are being made..

The 6am finish does impact on many of us who travel down by train from Midlands and the North with Sunday train times, so the need for a early morning place makes the difference.... Maybe there is some small business that would like some early morning trade....

The Hard as nails boys had a great little thing going with that bistro place for early morning.... A place like that close to the 100 if possible for coffee/ tea and if there is a record deck, all the better, :shades: better than having us walking the streets and scaring the locals :thumbsup:

I will be there to meet up with Christian and plenty others, looking forward to it, its been a long time....Too long....

regards

steve

I

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Went to a jazz thing there last night and all the tables and chairs were on the dance floor / trapdoor area !! Not a bad idea, keep the smooth red lino area either side clear for dancing, soul topsyturvydom!

Social source share

Ok I'm gonna Bite the BULLET, and go to May all nighter, it saves a 3 hour trip to work the next day through all the Replacement busses etc..I can leave at the end of the night to turn up, so spend a night with Liza before hand, only thing is I have to be well turned out and with it, to do a Shift syndicating the Screws and Sun Newspapers next day

Wish me luck!!

one thing I'm looking forward to Adey is knowing what the big tunes being spun are, you have already covered this no doubt but the last time I came up it was brilliant, it was made even better when I heard Butch spin that version of John Bowie that he has..

really think promoting the exclusive sounds that you have is key for allot of people, we all know that stuff gets spun, i just want to know before I come what I might be in for..?? Think Nick and Andy Rix did this to great effect with their web site and nights in Leicester Sq..in the 9ts..

mal.Cthumbsup.gif

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest Kolla

Ola folks,

As promised, Ady has put up samples of some of his tracks on the 6Ts site. We hope to update this page on a regular basis. Enjoy! And if you want to hear more... you know where to go ;-)

https://www.6ts.info/audio.asp

--------------------

The next 6Ts all-nighter is on

Saturday 22nd May 2010

from 10pm to 6am

at the 100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1D 1LL

Spinning for your pleasure will be:

Butch, Keith Money, Ady Croasdell

and special guests Karl Heard and Dave Greet.

Social source share

Ola folks,

As promised, Ady has put up samples of some of his tracks on the 6Ts site. We hope to update this page on a regular basis. Enjoy! And if you want to hear more... you know where to go ;-)

https://www.6ts.info/audio.asp

--------------------

The next 6Ts all-nighter is on

Saturday 22nd May 2010

from 10pm to 6am

at the 100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1D 1LL

Spinning for your pleasure will be:

Butch, Keith Money, Ady Croasdell

and special guests Karl Heard and Dave Greet.

hatsoff2.gif

Thanks for that, just listened to Paramount Four: Sorry Ain't The Word,

Wow! Love it

Social source share

Guest JimSLH

No free CDs due to the day job, though I can see if Kolla can get sound files on the 6TS site so I could put up 30 secs of the latest discoveries as a taster. I'll try and get some of the exclusives listed there and on occasional flyers too.

What a cracking idea the oldies are the best dangle of the carrot

Social source share

Marginally off topic, where are we up to with an SS Cleethorpes thread and FB event page?

back on topic..

Hi Ian... Tell your good lady to cash in all those empty vodka bottles and stand a round at the bar :lol: .. See you soon....

As posted on events talks....

Latest news from the Northern whippet breeders soul club..

All roads lead to "that there London next week ".......

Beware... Karl Heard the soul Witch doctor from the ghetto's of the North... Is gonna be playing "down there"

He will release the devil and have the great satans top tunes booming out of the southern soul speakers..... Those of a nervous disposition take note.... He is coming to take no prisoners...

Lock up your daughters.. hide your video's... keep your hands on your fat southern wallets....

A dark cloud is descending from all points North and make its way to "that there London town"....

We come by donkey/ tractor and any other means at our disposal... We will leave in body bags :yes:

My mate Rupert is tagging along also, he seen all this talk of a well hung parliament down there and got moist at the thought... :yes:

We will be meeting our Southern soul brothers in the Blue Post, make sure you have dark mild on tap ( with a real head ).....

Lets show the world that Multiculturalism is alive and well.... . Not just filthy northern monkeys and soft shandy drinking Nigels....

0n 22nd May 2010.... The children of the night from all four corners of this land were joined together for 8 glorious hours of the devils music....

we come in peace... We leave you in pieces.....

Arthur Mullard...

sub editor of the Northen Whippets soul club...

Social source share

back on topic..

Hi Ian... Tell your good lady to cash in all those empty vodka bottles and stand a round at the bar :lol: .. See you soon....

As posted on events talks....

Latest news from the Northern whippet breeders soul club..

All roads lead to "that there London next week ".......

Beware... Karl Heard the soul Witch doctor from the ghetto's of the North... Is gonna be playing "down there"

He will release the devil and have the great satans top tunes booming out of the southern soul speakers..... Those of a nervous disposition take note.... He is coming to take no prisoners...

Lock up your daughters.. hide your video's... keep your hands on your fat southern wallets....

A dark cloud is descending from all points North and make its way to "that there London town"....

We come by donkey/ tractor and any other means at our disposal... We will leave in body bags :yes:

My mate Rupert is tagging along also, he seen all this talk of a well hung parliament down there and got moist at the thought... :yes:

We will be meeting our Southern soul brothers in the Blue Post, make sure you have dark mild on tap ( with a real head ).....

Lets show the world that Multiculturalism is alive and well.... . Not just filthy northern monkeys and soft shandy drinking Nigels....

0n 22nd May 2010.... The children of the night from all four corners of this land were joined together for 8 glorious hours of the devils music....

we come in peace... We leave you in pieces.....

Arthur Mullard...

med_gallery_1986_2576_32513.jpg

sub editor of the Northen Whippets soul club...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest claude rains

Ady

Must admit I wasn't goin as much, but that was soul do's in general.

Also was not feeling it as much as I use too, hope you get some new blood through the doors.

You have had an amazing run 30 years, hope it goes on for a lot longer.

I know that I won't go as much, but thats just me in general and not so much a reflection on the club.

I enjoy more cross over/modern than I use to and think maybe some more modern wouldn't go a miss.

I still enjoy what the club is about, really good 60's. My fondest memories are from hot sweaty nights dancing to things like Butch's Diane lewis C/Up.

To listen to others and encourage feedback in the way you have speaks volumes.

Ps

Great news about the cloakroom, miss seeing Wendy, Karen, Tony, Jet & the cloakroom crew where thay should be.

See you saturday Adey,

David Taylor.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!