The Vibrettes - Humpty Dump

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Easist way to tell is the reissue has a smaller than normal label and "rounded" edge. The og has a flat edge and normal size label. Just get a green one, don't think that's been reissued....

Social source share

Easist way to tell is the reissue has a smaller than normal label and "rounded" edge. The og has a flat edge and normal size label. Just get a green one, don't think that's been reissued....

Thanks,

It seems that many reissue are sold as original ...

So the original seems to be press in styrene and not on vinyl like the boot. ( No round edge )

Yes the green issue is surely the best find :thumbsup:

Social source share

Who said all the yellow copies are boots? Missed it. BTW, it's not styrene, just a flatter vinyl. The boot is really pronounced on the edges...

Social source share

Who said all the yellow copies are boots? Missed it. BTW, it's not styrene, just a flatter vinyl. The boot is really pronounced on the edges...

But when was it supposedly booted? It's a common-ish "hit" record which has always been around. I presumed it was just pressed a few times on its original release, hence different colour labels... don't remember a pressing ever appearing. Is this recent?

Social source share

But when was it supposedly booted? It's a common-ish "hit" record which has always been around. I presumed it was just pressed a few times on its original release, hence different colour labels... don't remember a pressing ever appearing. Is this recent?

There was talk that the large numbers that turned up in the early 90s represented a boot. The thing was that no one really proved it, I for one would love to see some evidence.

The other great rumour on this record was when a funk collector decided that the drumming sounded as if it was James Black and therefore decided that it was an Eddie Bo production. Eddie was asked and agreed and suddenly this Johnny Otis owned Los Angeles record became an NO Eddie Bo production. So much so that Aaron Fuch's continues to bootleg it as an Eddie Bo production to this day. Odd!

Edited by Dean Rudland
Social source share

There was talk that the large numbers that turned up in the early 90s represented a boot. The thing was that no one really proved it, I for one would love to see some evidence.

But you're not dismissing the definite boots right? The vinyl ones with a much smaller label that the likes of Fat City were knocking out at a fiver a piece three years or so ago.

Social source share

No idea about a later boot but turned up loads of copies in early to mid 90's {300-400 perhaps] on yellow label.

All from garage belonging to Delores who had a shop in Cleveland. There were hundreds and hundreds and you were actually walking on them and other 45s up to 2ft deep. Only stopped stocking up when it stopped selling.

ROD

Social source share

But you're not dismissing the definite boots right? The vinyl ones with a much smaller label that the likes of Fat City were knocking out at a fiver a piece three years or so ago.

Haven't seen those. I guess the ones that were being discussed on the funk site were the ones that Rod's mentioning above. The funk board discussion stretches back a few years.

Social source share

original matrix:

- side a: LU-101-1 X-2980

- side b: LU-101-2 X-2981

also mine has an IC or JC or TC scratched into the runout grooves, but might be a previous owners initials?

recent boot (from 200x):

- side a: LV101A

- side b: LV101B

Edited by mariuj
Social source share

original matrix:

also mine has an IC or JC or TC scratched into the runout grooves, but might be a previous owners initials?

recent boot (from 200x):

- side a: LV101A

- side b: LV101B

Great thanks for the matrix :hatsoff2:

There's seems that there's initials on other copy ...

Social source share

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone! I bought a few years ago a copy sold as an original with the same matrix numbers:

with the "IC" initials.

I feel relaxed now because I was wondering the same question since a long time!:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert