Peggy March - If You Loved Me

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

can anyone help identify an original from a re-issue please?

I have one here that looks totally authentic with 'WKPM - 2506 -- 25 stamped in run out

thankyou

Here`s an Orig Y/D matrex # WPKM 2506 - 6 S,i paid £30 for this back in 76 :rolleyes::lol: ,

i bet you can get one for less than that now yes.gif:D

Dave f....................

post-2848-12732341556831_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming
Social source share

Nothing to do with the record, but just thought I'd add that she was a lovely woman when she came over and performed a few years back, and she'd still got her voice too - plus she'd got small quantity on all her RCA 45's which she had for sale on the nite, wonder if anybody bought then all save her taking them back to the states? maybe she left them with her English friends ?

Social source share

RCA_Victor_47-9494a_DJ_600.jpg

Here's my copy, bought off ebay a few years ago.

" WPKM-2506 - - 2S------------------------A I "

RCA_Victor_RCA-1687a_DJ_600.jpg

My U.K. Copy has

" WPKM-2506-1C "

Both are 1968 Press I believe

roger that uk copy looks fantastic,nice one .

P6060124.jpg

Edited by Mick Reed
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Here`s an Orig Y/D matrex # WPKM 2506 - 6 S,i paid £30 for this back in 76 ohmy.giflaugh.gif ,

i bet you can get one for less than that now yes.giflaugh.gif

Dave f....................

post-2848-12732341556831_thumb.jpg

hello dave.......would youwant one now lol.........remember going to bannana records in florida....first tune l found....was peggy march on british RCA LOL

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...
Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Anybody any idea how many countries this record was released in, here's 2 I've just bought really cheap one £8 and the other £14 both M-.

P6060124.jpg

Now here's what I don't understand. Someone on Ebay is offering the 2nd of your two items for 59 Euros, postage on top. Why would s/he think it's worth that when your evidence suggests it's worth around a tenner?

Even stranger (To me), there's an Ex Brit RCA copy going for 8 quid plus 90p postage, which screams to me "Superior vinyl, superior vinyl!" and a VG++ copy "In it's rarest form" (US RCA DJ and an apparently grey label) with an opening bid of £55. Why would anyone pay that for an inferior version? If you just want the music then surely you go for the better cheaper copy, and if you're a DJ then surely you owe it to your listeners to buy the better copy whatever the price? So who's the person paying that kind of money for an inferior sound just because it's rarer?

I've probably moaned about this before but no one's ever been able to/ been bothered to answer it. :lol:

Social source share

Now here's what I don't understand. Someone on Ebay is offering the 2nd of your two items for 59 Euros, postage on top. Why would s/he think it's worth that when your evidence suggests it's worth around a tenner?

Even stranger (To me), there's an Ex Brit RCA copy going for 8 quid plus 90p postage, which screams to me "Superior vinyl, superior vinyl!" and a VG++ copy "In it's rarest form" (US RCA DJ and an apparently grey label) with an opening bid of £55. Why would anyone pay that for an inferior version? If you just want the music then surely you go for the better cheaper copy, and if you're a DJ then surely you owe it to your listeners to buy the better copy whatever the price? So who's the person paying that kind of money for an inferior sound just because it's rarer?

I've probably moaned about this before but no one's ever been able to/ been bothered to answer it. rolleyes.gif

Sorry cant tell yu friend no.gif

Social source share

I've probably moaned about this before but no one's ever been able to/ been bothered to answer it. :lol:

While I certainly don't think that the record is worth £55 I think £10 is a bargain and I can understand why someone would pay more for a US original than a British reissue. Also, from my experience, 60 and 70s records on RCA usually sound pretty good!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert