• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

try finding one to buy.... on the way up imo

seen this @£90 from a uk dealer !

"On the way up" ...is that a inadvertant plug for the flip side there Toadsmile.gif

Used to see it cheap £40 - £50 then it went up on ebay ...and then came back down ...and now back up it seems??

Not surprising i think ive seen as many Emanuel Laskey's on DT with the alt take and i like this better yes.gif

Social source share

im sure kev from mansfield (kjw) on here still has a spare copy less than £100. that ebay copy is not in that good a shape either. i think its more desperate people with not enough contacts on this item

dave

Dave unless im mistaken Kevs was the magnificents version?? which i recall is more a group effort than this:smile:

Social source share

You're right Nev - It was the Magnificents I had up for sale - I've sold a couple of copies of Fourth Day within the last year for around £60 which I think was the going rate, although I remember seeing one on someone's sales list for £125.

Which version is rarer or are they pretty much the same.

Social source share

You're right Nev - It was the Magnificents I had up for sale - I've sold a couple of copies of Fourth Day within the last year for around £60 which I think was the going rate, although I remember seeing one on someone's sales list for £125.

Which version is rarer or are they pretty much the same.

Hard to say Kev but i'd hazzard a guess that its the magnificents ...

seen a lot more fourth day ,but think fourth day has more appeal to the buying market ,hence demand pushing up price:yes:

Social source share

I've had an Ex- one on my site for months now at £100, suppose I should put the price up or bung it on ebay if people are going to bid £150 with 5 days to go for a VG one. :no:

The bidding looks like somebody put a large bid in and then somebody else bid them up. Not saying anything dodgy is going on but perhaps the high bidder has over bid to make sure they get it and might end up paying top wack for it. Risky business putting large bids on early, unless you have deep pockets.

Social source share

I've had an Ex- one on my site for months now at £100, suppose I should put the price up or bung it on ebay if people are going to bid £150 with 5 days to go for a VG one. :thumbsup:

The bidding looks like somebody put a large bid in and then somebody else bid them up. Not saying anything dodgy is going on but perhaps the high bidder has over bid to make sure they get it and might end up paying top wack for it. Risky business putting large bids on early, unless you have deep pockets.

thats probably where ive seen it. i have a copy of fourth day in about the same shape as the one on ebay maybe a bit better and if someone came to me with £150 i`d be tempted to sell. i think its the commonist of all the tunes with that backing track and certainly should be the cheapest imvho

dave

Social source share

thats probably where ive seen it. i have a copy of fourth day in about the same shape as the one on ebay maybe a bit better and if someone came to me with £150 i`d be tempted to sell. i think its the commonist of all the tunes with that backing track and certainly should be the cheapest imvho

dave

THATS MINE, THEE :thumbsup: DON'T EVEN THINK ABART IT :lol:

BRO

Social source share

dave

The VG one on ebay is now up to nearly £175 :yes:

I've just increased the price of my Ex- one to £140, think I'll bung it on ebay in a week or so :D

Social source share

Watched it myself and was "smiling". Hope the buyer doesn't see this thread ......unless he / she has a big bucket to be sick in.

:yes:

Social source share

Fourth Day went for £209 97, $312.

My mate put an early bid in,obviously went for far too much for him,so,anyone willing to sell him a copy and what is your best price.

atb Geoff.

£208 :D

Seriously, its on my site at 140 and it is in Ex condition.

He can drop me a line through the site and make me an offer if he wants.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Why so supprised, they were all pressed by Dennis Talley (DT records) in simular amounts. How do I know, I knew Dennis very well up until his death a few years back and we talked often about his label. For some reason this has always been the un-loved version, I think it's one of the best, where as the Manificents version I feel is the worst and sells for more.

Social source share

Why so supprised, they were all pressed by Dennis Talley (DT records) in simular amounts. How do I know, I knew Dennis very well up until his death a few years back and we talked often about his label. For some reason this has always been the un-loved version, I think it's one of the best, where as the Manificents version I feel is the worst and sells for more.

Dave..."au contraire", i have only ever owned this version ,it's always been my fave version and is the only one i ever wanted to own:yes:

When i hear the Emanuel Lasky version ,the lyrics don't fit as good as the Fourth day ,not for me anyway

...infact the original i believe is Clyde Milton's version of I'd rather leave on my feet" and is much better than Emanuel lasky's to these ears.

I'm just amazed that it's gone up in price so much of late:smile:

Social source share

Dave..."au contraire", i have only ever owned this version ,it's always been my fave version and is the only one i ever wanted to ownyes.gif

When i hear the Emanuel Lasky version ,the lyrics don't fit as good as the Fourth day ,not for me anyway

...infact the original i believe is Clyde Milton's version of I'd rather leave on my feet" and is much better than Emanuel lasky's to these ears.

I'm just amazed that it's gone up in price so much of latesmile.gif

I agree, when you listen to the Forth Day version the production values (for those that care about these things) are so much better and the lead singer just sounds at one with the backing track.

I think some of it's stems way back to the early 80's when John Anderson first brought these over from the states. Richard Searling was the first to get them and he played all version (Except Clyde Milton) out and on his radio show. Richard pushed the Emanuel Laskey version most in those first few weeks, saying he thought it best and when Richard spoke back then, many listened.

As for the Clyde Milton, this was almost unknown until the early 90's.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!