Soul Shopping Satisfaction

The white card topic threw up the idea of a topic where we can add every resource for the collector and DJ, all in one topic. Time and time again someone asks for info on where to get something particular to take care of their valuable records. Could Paper/card sleeves, stylus, decks, cases so on and so on. So add you links to resources you think fellow anoraks, collectors, dj's and promoters might benefit from.

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sleeves for those valuable 44's and 33's...maybe cases for the little silver disc....:thumbsup:

https://www.covers33.co.uk/

https://oriviousrecords.com/sleeves/

https://www.musictools.de/shop.shtml

https://soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/

Good idea Chalky.

Be good to have all that info in one place for people to add to or get info from

Suggest you pin the post so it's accessible easily?

ATB

Greg.

Social source share

Good idea Chalky.

Be good to have all that info in one place for people to add to or get info from

Suggest you pin the post so it's accessible easily?

ATB

Greg.

I though I'd pinned it Greg but forgot to click the go button :thumbsup: pinned now :lol:

Social source share

'Soul Supermarket'....any chance you can change the thread title please Chalky, that's the name of my business and my website (which will be back and restocked fairly soon). I've already had a couple of emails from my customers asking if I'm now stocking sleeves etc!

Apart from the name, the general idea is a good one and HTFR that Matt gave a link to are very good.

Cheers,

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

'Soul Supermarket'....any chance you can change the thread title please Chalky, that's the name of my business and my website (which will be back and restocked fairly soon). I've already had a couple of emails from my customers asking if I'm now stocking sleeves etc!

Apart from the name, the general idea is a good one and HTFR that Matt gave a link to are very good.

Cheers,

Adam.

Bloody hell, took me all morning to think of that :lol: Will change it to summat else, any suggestions :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers,

Adam.

thumbsup.gif You're right Adam. I thought the thread was regarding your business until I opened it.

Social source share

Bloody hell, took me all morning to think of that :lol: Will change it to summat else, any suggestions :thumbsup:

:lol:

Took me some time to come up with it when I first started a few years back! How about 'Soulful Supplies' or 'Soulful Suppliers'

Social source share

:thumbsup: You're right Adam. I thought the thread was regarding your business until I opened it.

Hi Kevin, that's what I thought people would think but see Chalky has just changed it for me.....cheers Chalky :lol:

Adam.

PS. Kevin....put that refosoul file in, it's my last played clip.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Bloody hell, took me all morning to think of that laugh.gif Will change it to summat else, any suggestions hatsoff2.gif

Soul Shopping Satisfaction?

Social source share

Can anyone please post up links to cheap places to buy record packaging for some of us part time sellers?

I've only ever bought this stuff off ebay (mailers, stiffners etc) but there must be cheaper options. Might also help contribute to cheaper P&P options or at least counter act the Royal Mail's increasing postage costs.

Cheers

Azza

Social source share

Can anyone please post up links to cheap places to buy record packaging for some of us part time sellers?

I've only ever bought this stuff off ebay (mailers, stiffners etc) but there must be cheaper options. Might also help contribute to cheaper P&P options or at least counter act the Royal Mail's increasing postage costs.

Cheers

Azza

covers 33 sell mailers, few different types too. John Manship sells them too.

Social source share

Cheers

Azza

Hi Azza,

Been buying my postage supplies from here: TRAMIKI SUPPLIES for about 5 years now. Run by great guy called Rik, quality stuff at good prices and delivered next day. You can order on their website or just give them a call (tell Rik I told you to buy from him, then I'll get a drink out of him!!), I've never found anyone better.

Adam.

Social source share

Here's a typical boring question that's probably been asked a lot before - What cartridge & stylus combo do people use, and what's the cheapest source? Ortofons scare me (I don't want anything that looks like a shark near my records), and Stantons sound a little bit dull in my experience plus they've changed the classic design (which is really stupid, it's like messing about with the Marmite recipe) - is Shure the answer, and if so, which model?

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Here's a typical boring question that's probably been asked a lot before - What cartridge & stylus combo do people use, and what's the cheapest source? Ortofons scare me (I don't want anything that looks like a shark near my records), and Stantons sound a little bit dull in my experience plus they've changed the classic design (which is really stupid, it's like messing about with the Marmite recipe) - is Shure the answer, and if so, which model?

Hi George this is what i use at home.https://www.hifigear.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1122, it has clarity that appeals to my ears, to quote from a reference i read...... ..

." Its strengths lie in the bandwidth extremes; the treble is very fine and avoids tizziness while the bass is remarkably articulate and muscular. For instance it is the only cartridge that reveals that there are both fretless and double basses on Tom Waits' Swordfishtrombone.

It can do this because it reaches that bit further into the sound to pick out the fine details in both the voices and the instruments. ". ..........................

.All i know is that it is certainly a big improvement on any other cartridge i have used over the years but would (if economics would allow) move onto a Blue Rondo at some future point.

Brett

Social source share

Hi George this is what i use at home.https://www.hifigear....ct/view/id/1122, it has clarity that appeals to my ears, to quote from a reference i read...... ..

." Its strengths lie in the bandwidth extremes; the treble is very fine and avoids tizziness while the bass is remarkably articulate and muscular. For instance it is the only cartridge that reveals that there are both fretless and double basses on Tom Waits' Swordfishtrombone.

It can do this because it reaches that bit further into the sound to pick out the fine details in both the voices and the instruments. ". ..........................

.All i know is that it is certainly a big improvement on any other cartridge i have used over the years but would (if economics would allow) move onto a Blue Rondo at some future point.

Brett

£300 to play 7'' vinyl?, thought I was pushing it with a Denon DL-130 mc, sounds brilliant and £90 odd on Ebay dont have to be so careful changing singlessmile.gif

Social source share

Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and matching stylus is by far the best value for money set up! Reduces surface noise and scuffing on styrene presses and has an all around brill sound quality. Highly recommended! Thanks to Sebastian for the tip...

Don't know how much Ortofon stuff is in the UK but I guess around 100 quid for cartridge and stylus?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MissHongkongfuey

Although my choice will always be the Swan Flight Case, I brought a beautiful wooden dovetail jointed 45's box at the local car boot sale this weekend. Took 5 sundays of begging to get him to part with it for a mere £4. It's so utterly gorgeous, that I'd like another. Obviously won't be cheap but looks so nice. I did a search on here and it brought up a few posts from Jan 2010 but not much information. Any names, suggestions or websites that may help please???

Cheers Teresa :lol:

Social source share

Sleeves for those valuable 44's and 33's...maybe cases for the little silver disc....:thumbup:

https://www.covers33.co.uk/

https://oriviousrecords.com/sleeves/

https://www.musictools.de/shop.shtml

https://soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/

:thumbsup:HI ALL.....THIS IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION AS IN MY OPINION RAISES TO ISSUES 1. THE POSITIVE BENEFITS OF THE WWW, 2. THE NEGATIVE SIDE OFF THE WWW, LET ME EXPLAIN THERE IS NO DENYING THAT SINCE THE WWW HAS BECOME A PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE, IN THE WAY THE MOBILE PHONE HAS ACHIEVED OVER THE AST 10 YEARS. I HAVE TO QUESTION, ARE WE COLLECTING OR ARE WE IN FACT BUYING RARE ITEMS,

THE QUESTION REGARDING SLEEVES IS A GOOD STARTING POINT. 20 YEARS AGO, WHEN I USE TO COLLECT AND SELL US RECORDS I WAS ALWAYS IMPRESS BY THE GREEN SLEEVES THAT SOME RECORDS CAME IN FROM THE STATES, BUT I NEVER HAD ENOUGH TO PUT ALL MY RECORDS IN, SO I USED WHITE CARD SLEEVES (IN THE LATE 60TS I USED THE BROWN ONES WITH COLOR TABS AND POLY INNER, THAT WERE AVAILABLE FROM WOOLWORTH RIP) THE GREEN ONES I USED FOR MY ABSOLUTE TOP 100 IMPORTS, THE POINT OF ISSUE FOR ME THEY WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO GET? HOWEVER THE TIMES GAVE CHANGED I HAVE ABOUT 400 EMPTY ONES ON MY SHEF ALONG WITH RED, YELLOW, BLUE. GREEN AND BLACK ONES ALSO ALSO UK WHITE & BLACK WAVY TOP PRE 73 PAPER, AND 200 BROWN JA PAPER SLEEVES ALL I HAVE COLECTED.....BUT THESE DAYS YOU CAN BY REPROS OF MOST COMPANY SLEEVES AS WELL AS ALL THE DIFFERENT COLORS IN CARD OR P\PER MIND YOU TO GET 1000 WOULD BE AS EXPENSIVE AS THE REAL ONES??.....IT HAS THOUGH BECOME SO EASY TO GO ON LINE AND PURCHASE RECORDS IN FACT EVERYTHING THAT 20 YEARS AGO WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO LOCATE OR FIND, ADDED TO THIS ARE PRICE GUIDES?? I ASK THE QUESTION?? THIS IS NOT COLLECTING IN THE WAY AND IN KEEPING WITH THE GREAT PLEASE OF HUNTING OUT THE GEMS OF YESTERYEAR, AND IN FACT WE HAVE JUST BECOME MUNDANE CONSUMERS! ONE THING FOR SURE THE WWW HAS CHANGED EVERYTHING AND THERE IS NO LOOKING BACK:ph34r: DAVE K

Social source share

• 1 month later...

htfr the shop that has nothing much in stock imo i think they buy in when they get an order !

the amount of times ive visted to buy something and been told its not in stock is lots

never anyone in there even on a saturday

so id say beware ! if thats the rumor

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!