York Alldayer - Tired But Happy

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Just a quickie to thank everyone who came out en masse to support the DEBRA Charity Alldayer in York. Hats off to the promoters who did a top job of promoting the dayer - the whole event was well run from beginning to end and they made shed loads of cash to boot :yes: The deejays provided some awesome entertainment :yes: and I had a 'triffic time. I've posted photos - jo's york alldayer snaps - go see. There will be another one in the future - not to be missed. Jo

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quickie to thank everyone who came out en masse to support the DEBRA Charity Alldayer in York.  Hats off to the promoters who did a top job of promoting the dayer - the whole event was well run from beginning to end and they made shed loads of cash to boot  :yes: The deejays provided some awesome entertainment  :P and I had a 'triffic time.  I've posted photos - jo's york alldayer snaps - go see.  There will be another one in the future - not to be missed.  Jo

link

All dayers at your age.. :yes: Good to see you are still giving it some... :yes:

Just a quickie to thank everyone who came out en masse to support the DEBRA Charity Alldayer in York.  Hats off to the promoters who did a top job of promoting the dayer - the whole event was well run from beginning to end and they made shed loads of cash to boot  yes.gif The deejays provided some awesome entertainment  :P and I had a 'triffic time.  I've posted photos - jo's york alldayer snaps - go see.  There will be another one in the future - not to be missed.  Jo

link

if anyone has any photos from the all dayer can they please email to simonwragg@supanet.com so we can put them on our site www.freewebs.com/yksoul

Guest vinylvixen

All dayers at your age.. yes.gif Good to see you are still giving it some... :yes:

link

Look at Jo's Rimini Snaps.......the girl can hardly hold the weight of her own head - that'll teach me for giving it some :lol: what a weekend........but still kept up with the young 'uns.......trouble is, they can only just keep up with me :ohmy:

Just a quickie to thank everyone who came out en masse to support the DEBRA Charity Alldayer in York.  Hats off to the promoters who did a top job of promoting the dayer - the whole event was well run from beginning to end and they made shed loads of cash to boot  :shades: The deejays provided some awesome entertainment  wink.gif and I had a 'triffic time.  I've posted photos - jo's york alldayer snaps - go see.  There will be another one in the future - not to be missed.  Jo

link

Great all-dayer Jo it was the last minute dicision but well worth the trip some great Twinky Dinky records through out the day different crowd of people I normally see,the floor packed all night,I see Russ signing autographs and shaking hands with the Punters, also it was nice to see Soul Source faces Richy,Jamie,Lagerlout, liitle cofused lads why where u wearing ladies undies,looking forward to the next 1. Billy :)

Guest SteveC

May I add my appreciation to the organisers of this fantastic event. The organisation and professionalism of Nick, Andy and Steve were second to none. A most enjoyable weekend. Thanks guys.

Play list as requested (in no particular order)

Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby (Alt mix)

Johnny Howard - The chase is on

Dynamics - I need your love

Cavaliers - Hold to my baby

Luther Ingram - If its all...........

Vonettes - Touch my heart

Voices Inc - Thinkin'

Bud Harper - Wherever you were

Jimmy Robins - I can't please you

Eddie Spencer - If this is love

Carol & Gerri - On you heartaches look good

Silky Hargraves - Keep loving me.............

Metros - Since I found my baby

Michael & Raymond - Man without a woman

Mac Staten - There she goes

Bobby Hutton - Come see whats left of me

Constellations - I don't know about you

Lots of requests which I played if I had with me and an oldies feel spot as I was playing in the classics room. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the guy who asked for Mac Staten made my day :shades::)

Jo , you and Paul Peter-Thomas plus all the other DJs worked so hard for us and made this truely an All dayer  to remember .Thx from all at YKSoul .Could you please post your play lists .

link

That'll be Paul Thomas-Peter then ....... :shades::)

Just a quickie to thank everyone who came out en masse to support the DEBRA Charity Alldayer in York.  Hats off to the promoters who did a top job of promoting the dayer - the whole event was well run from beginning to end and they made shed loads of cash to boot  :lol: The deejays provided some awesome entertainment  :lol: and I had a 'triffic time.  I've posted photos - jo's york alldayer snaps - go see.  There will be another one in the future - not to be missed.  Jo

link

Did anyone feel intimidated or p***ed off by the gatecrashing racegoers?

I for one did, more security please. +

oh yes and cheaper beer for the next one!!

Guest Jamie

I posted this up on the other thread, but seeing as this one's still going! I'll post Rich & Mine's playlist from 2:00 - 3:30. Certainly not in any order - I was still goosed from the night before!!! :lol:

Eddie Foster - I Never Knew - IN

Lee Andrews - I've Had It - Crimson

Mickie Champion - What Good Am I - Musette

Roy Hamilton - Cracking Up Over You - RCA

Velvelettes - Lonely, Lonely Girl Am I - VIP

Valentines - Breakaway - SS7

Duke Browner - Crying Over You - Impact

Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me - WB

Ozz & Sperlings - Can You Qualify - Goldenway

Martha Reeves - Show Me The Way - Canadian Tamla

Natural Four - I Thought You Were Mine - ABC

Continental Four - The Way I Love You - Jay Walking

Jack Montgomery - My Dearly Beloved - Scepter

Ruby Andrews - Just Loving You - Zodiac

Nicky Newarkers - Woman - Mercury

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid - Golden Eye

George Hughley - That's Why I Cry - Buddah

Kurt Harris - Emperor of My Baby's Heart - Diamond

Betty Lloyd - Catching On - BSC

Paris - Sleepless Nights - DOC

Montclairs - Hey You - Arch

Howard Guyton - I Watched You Slowly Slip Away - Verve

Tony Galla - In Love - Swan

Bid Daddy Rogers - I'm A Big Man - Midas

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - Veep

L.Allen - Can't We Talk It Over - Green Dolphin

Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

Melvin Moore - All Of A Sudden - Sky Hero

Tony Troutman - What's The Use - Jerri

My selections certainly had an 'Oldies' feel, like Steve mentioned, playing in the Main room, you gotta give 'em what they want!!!

Jamie :lol:

My selections certainly had an 'Oldies' feel, like Steve mentioned, playing in the Main room, you gotta give 'em what they want!!!

Jamie  :lol:

link

You make it sound like an apology, if its what people want its what they want :lol:

Guest Jamie

You make it sound like an apology, if its what people want its what they want  :lol:

link

Not really an apology. To be honest it's the first time I've played a room like that. I'm used to playing what I want (at Soulsville) without having to consider anything else like the floor!

I really enjoyed it though, and it was a really good feeling getting people up and dancing so early on in the event!

So ner :lol:

Jamie :lol:

I really enjoyed it though, and it was a really good feeling getting people up and dancing so early on in the event!

So ner  :lol:

Jamie  :lol:

link

Exactly what it should be about IMHO :lol:

Did anyone feel intimidated or p***ed off by the gatecrashing racegoers?

I for one did, more security please. +

oh yes and cheaper beer for the next one!!

link

thanks , I agree and next time we'll do our best to avoid a raceday which is no mean feat in York if we are also to avoid clashes with other alldayers/all niters around the country . Unfortunally York on a Sat night is pretty typical of any other City Centre with yobish behaviour .

The Moat House did, at our request, do a promo beer -bottles of Black Sheep (dip ?) @£1 , not surprisingly vast quanities were drunk and they ran out.Bottles

of Bud @£1.50 then followed .Again we'll try to do better next time .

Andy YKSOUL l

Guest vinylvixen

That'll be Paul Thomas-Peter then ....... :thumbsup:   :lol:

link

Oi, Peter Paul & Mary......... :lol: Anyway, this is what Jo Wallace and Paul Thomas Peter played in the RnB Room early doors at the York Charity Alldayer:

Watchdog - Dorothy Williams - VOLT

Misery - Dynamics - BIG TOP

I'm going home - Prince Conley - SATTELITE

Daddy Rollin' Stone - Jimmy Ricks - ATCO

Baby, I'm Coming Home - Mack Rice - LUPINE

I got a Feeling - Baby Washington - SUE

Undivided Love - Eskew Reeder - ........ :thumbsup: errr red and white with saxaphone on it :yes:

Have Love, Will Travel - Richard Berry - FLIP

Gonna do it by myself - Jimmy Preacher Ellie - JEWEL

Hey Little Woman - Sonny Til - CHARLIE PARKER

Nobody Loves me Like My Baby - Jimmy Gilford - THELMA

You keep calling me by her name - Amanda Love - CHESS

Your Love has gone away - Drapers - (same label as the Squires :yes: - can't remember......)

Midnight Johnny - Liz Lands - Gordy

Somewhere down the line - Little Johnny Taylor - Galaxy

Stupidity - Solomon Burke - Atlantic

Dust My Broom - Ike and Tina Turner - Tangerine

Come on and Stop - Marv Johnson - UA

Voodoo Woman - Curtis Knight - (buggered if I can remember)

Runnin' and Foolin' - Joe and Ann - Heritage

Someone's Always Trying - Ted Taylor - Okeh

Waiting and Watching - Randy Hobbs - Ember

Well's Run Dry - Dorothy Williams - :yes: umm

It's a man's world - Mary Ann Fischer - Imperial

Sorry for any label ommissions - my mind's got old timers syndrome :D Jo

Edited by vinylvixen