2010-07-03: Amlwch All-Niter North Wales

• Replies 120
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Gettin' all excited now. Got a full load of nutters in the boogie bus. Can't wait till tomorrow! yes.gif

just been to the club TO SET SOUND SYSTEM UP ...BLASTING OUT !! HAD A COUPLE ROUNDS OF POKER , UN WON FEW HANDS .... ANY BODY WANTS TO COME DOWN DONT WANT PAY FOR B& B CAN BRING A TENT JUST PUT IT UP IN FOOTY FIELD NEXT DOOR !!

ITS GONNA BE A MAD ONE

HI STEVE AND LYDIA

WELL NOT LONG TO GO NOW, REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, ITS GONNA BE AWESOME.

KEV AND ANNIE WILL BE COMING ALONG AGAIN AFTER ENJOYING THE LAST AMLWCH SO MUCH, ALSO AM HOPING TO BRING ONE OF CARDIFF BLUEBIRDS TOP FANS ALONG WITH US, A GUY YOU KNOW VERY WELL DAVE TWIN. ALSO SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING FOR THE RAFFLE.

SEE YOU SATURDAY JOHNNY ROBERTS.

cheers ... mate will be good to see dave roberts there

I'm first to do a feedback as I was first to leave(I think) at about 1.30 as my soulmate and wife was working at 8am,great atmosphere,people and tunes,slight prob with sound system rectified by "technical team",here's my playlist..

gypsies.......it's a woman's world..........old town dj

cliff nobles..my love is getting stronger...j-v

ascots......sometimes I wonder...........mir-a-don

lee rogers..love and war...................wheelsville

james carr..a losing game.................goldwax

fred hughes..I keep tryin'................exodus dj

pussycats....I want your love.............columbia dj

ellie greenwich...baby....................red bird

big frank....I won't let her see me cry..phillips

dickie wonder...nobody knows (without backing)...sound of soul

terrible tom...we were made for each other...maverick

harry starr...another time,another place...end

shirley lawson..so much to me.....enterprise

only 13 records in a 45 min spot due to gremlins,only happens to me :yes:

thanks for listening and dancing,John Elias.

Edited by dancingcollector

Well Another great night with the Monster, Joan won the biscuits again, Kate had her birthday cake, great to see Dave Rivers and Willie (Carlisle) down again, nice to see you're becoming regular visitors, always great to see the Irish lads and ladies, Danny came over on his scooter because they wouldn't let foot passenagers on the late ferry,I don't know about his return journey as he was throughly sloshed, hope you make it safely home Dan. Think Kev Murphy might also have a bad head this morning and certainly aching limbs after all the dancing he was doing. As usual all the DJ's were on top form, with a great mix of music not forgetting all the dancers who pounded the floor throughout the night. Nice to see Pete Best turn up, I've got your record tucked up nice and safe. The only disappoinment was the missing North Wales faces, well you missed a f**king good night..

For the later arrivals who missed my spot, 9pm-9.45pm here's my playlist, but maybe not as it was played.

JIMMY NORMAN - I DON'T LOVE YOU NO MORE (LITTLE STAR)

DANNY HUNT - LOVE ME TOO (LA CADE)

RON NELSON - ITCHY TWITCHY LOVE (RANARD)

CLARENCE COULTER - DETROIT CITY (SOUL EXPERIENCE)

ENDEAVORS - GOIN' DOWN (GAMBIT)

MATT LUCAS - SHAKE IT (ACETATE)

LILLY FIELDS - CHANGES (KENT SELECT)

EDDIE DAYE & THE FOUR BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU (SHRINE)

MASQUADERS - THAT'S THE SAME THING (SOULTOWN)

MAGNETICS - LADY IN GREEN (BONNIE)

MARGARET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY (GENEBRO)

SERVICEMEN - CONNIE (CHARTMAKER)

IMPERIAL C's - SOMEONE TELL HER (PHIL-L.A OF SOUL)

PROPHETS - IF I HAD ONE GOLD PIECE (SHRINE)

SHIRLEY EDWARDS - DREAM MY HEART (SHRINE)

THE SWEETS - SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY (SOULTOWN)

MODERN TIMES - WHY MUST I LIVE SUCH A LONELY LIFE (YAMBO)

OTIS BROWN - SOUTHSIDE CHICAGO (OLE)

Roll on the next night with the MONSTER

Guest veep1296

Well Another great night with the Monster, Joan won the biscuits again, Kate had her birthday cake, great to see Dave Rivers and Willie (Carlisle) down again, nice to see you're becoming regular visitors, always great to see the Irish lads and ladies, Danny came over on his scooter because they wouldn't let foot passenagers on the late ferry,I don't know about his return journey as he was throughly sloshed, hope you make it safely home Dan. Think Kev Murphy might also have a bad head this morning and certainly aching limbs after all the dancing he was doing. As usual all the DJ's were on top form, with a great mix of music not forgetting all the dancers who pounded the floor throughout the night. Nice to see Pete Best turn up, I've got your record tucked up nice and safe. The only disappoinment was the missing North Wales faces, well you missed a f**king good night..

For the later arrivals who missed my spot, 9pm-9.45pm here's my playlist, but maybe not as it was played.

JIMMY NORMAN - I DON'T LOVE YOU NO MORE (LITTLE STAR)

DANNY HUNT - LOVE ME TOO (LA CADE)

RON NELSON - ITCHY TWITCHY LOVE (RANARD)

CLARENCE COULTER - DETROIT CITY (SOUL EXPERIENCE)

ENDEAVORS - GOIN' DOWN (GAMBIT)

MATT LUCAS - SHAKE IT (ACETATE)

LILLY FIELDS - CHANGES (KENT SELECT)

EDDIE DAYE & THE FOUR BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU (SHRINE)

MASQUADERS - THAT'S THE SAME THING (SOULTOWN)

MAGNETICS - LADY IN GREEN (BONNIE)

MARGARET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY (GENEBRO)

SERVICEMEN - CONNIE (CHARTMAKER)

IMPERIAL C's - SOMEONE TELL HER (PHIL-L.A OF SOUL)

PROPHETS - IF I HAD ONE GOLD PIECE (SHRINE)

SHIRLEY EDWARDS - DREAM MY HEART (SHRINE)

THE SWEETS - SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY (SOULTOWN)

MODERN TIMES - WHY MUST I LIVE SUCH A LONELY LIFE (YAMBO)

OTIS BROWN - SOUTHSIDE CHICAGO (OLE)

Roll on the next night with the MONSTER

/quote]

Hi Mark,

Tasty play list !

Just been speaking to Kev who is alive & was having a brew your side of Chester on the A56.

Described the event as the best All Niter in the "universe"!! (along with Radcliffe of course)

Janet & I must get down for one later this year.

If I dont meet you before I look forward to seeing you in sunny Spain in September.

Regards

David Ferguson

This really sounds like my cup of tea... but a 642 mile round trip definitely needs detailed planning. Steve (Green), do you drive there and back in one hit?

WOW WHAT A TOP NITE THAT WAS , ARRIVED AT 8 OCLOCK BUT UNFORTUNATELY HAD TO LEAVE AT 3 OCLOCK ( MANDI GOT THE SHEPHERDS CROOK OUT AND DRAGGED ME THROUGH THE DOOR ) WHICH WAS A SHAME AS I WAS HAVING A GREAT NITE.

TOP SPOTS WITH TOP TUNES BY ALL THE DJS AND A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE FROM ALLOVER THE UK ALL HELLBENT ON ENJOYING THEMSELVES. IT WAS GOOD TO TALK TO SO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE ABOUT THE MUSIC THAT WE ALL LOVE ANYWAY STEVE WHENS THE NEXT ONE MATE I CANT WAIT BRING IT ON.

ANYWAY HERES MY PLAYLIST FROM LAST NITE,

ILL BE AROUND GENO WASHINGTON

I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT THE EXITS

I WANT MY BABY BACK THE ETHICS

THINK OF ME THE ADLIBS

BEFORE 2001 RUFUS WOOD

I CANT SEE YOUR LOVE THE BALLADS

AINT THAT LOVE ENOUGH LARRY ATKINS

EVERYBODYS GOT SOME SOUL THE FOUR PROS

JUST BEGINNING TO LOVE YOU THE STEELERS

SAY YOULL BE MINE THE ROSEBUDS

FUNKY TO ME KENT MEADE

TOUCH MY HEART THE VONETTES

JUST TO PROVE I LOVE YOU OSCAR WEATHERS

NO SECOND THOUGHTS TOP SHELF

SOUL HAS NO COLOR DYNA MIGHT

SHES PUTTING YOU ON THE UNITED FOUR

HEY ITS LOVE THE COMMANDS

WHAT CONDITION MY CONDITION BETTY LAVETTE

THE PAIN GETS A LITTLE DEEPER DARROW FLETCHER

THATS IT FOLKS THANKS FOR A GREAT NITE

JOHNNY ROBERTS

PS JOIN US EVERY MONDAY 8 TILL 10 ON THE TUDNO SOUL TRAIN WITH CHICO MARK AND JOHNNY WHERE WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SATISFY YOUR SOULS.

MONDAY 5TH JULY AN AMLWCH SPECIAL WITH A LOOKBACK AT SATURDAYS ALLNIGHTER.

Edited by johnny r
Guest Sean Haydon

First time at Amlwch for me and must say, it certainly lived up to my expectations. What a great Nighter this is, warm:sweatingbullets:, intimate and friendly. Run by good people with a no politics attitude and attended by like minded soulies, all out for the same thing, to have a bloody good time! Yes, it may be a long way but when you've got such great travelling companions, Mike Cog, Dave Rivers, Karl Heard, Neil, Willie and Dusty all on form and raring to go. Well, you can imagine how the miles passed :wink:. Great to see so many midlands mates in attendance too. Special thanks to my good friend Kit for taking the trouble to travel all that way to join us :smile: .

Thought it was nice to see so many Irish Soulies, supporting their excellent DJ Paul Grant. Never before have I ever had to cross so many tunes off my play list, I couldn't believe it. Great taste mate:hatsoff2:.

Musically, the night was excellent. Something for everyone played here, but with a common theme. All quality Dancers. Every DJ adding their independent style set after set. All playing with enthusiasm and passion. Gotta say, my personal favourite set of the night was played by Karl Rhodes, very well thought out, slowly and consistently building the pace into some great 70's funky uptempo tunes. Loved it! :yes:

This is one Nighter I shall be returning to at the soonest opportunity. Many thanks Steve and Lydia for having me on.

See you all next time.

Sean

Edited by SHorny

First time at Amlwch for me and must say, it certainly lived up to my expectations. What a great Nighter this is, warm:sweatingbullets:, intimate and friendly. Run by good people with a no politics attitude and attended by like minded soulies, all out for the same thing, to have a bloody good time! Yes, it may be a long way but when you've got such great travelling companions, Mike Cog, Dave Rivers, Karl Heard, Neil, Willie and Dusty all on form and raring to go. Well, you can imagine how the miles passed :wink:. Great to see so many midlands mates in attendance too. Special thanks to my good friend Kit for taking the trouble to travel all that way to join us :smile: .

Thought it was nice to see so many Irish Soulies, supporting their excellent DJ Paul Grant. Never before have I ever had to cross so many tunes off my play list, I couldn't believe it. Great taste mate:hatsoff2:.

Musically, the night was excellent. Something for everyone played here, but with a common theme. All quality Dancers. Every DJ adding their independent style set after set. All playing with enthusiasm and passion. Gotta say, my personal favourite set of the night was played by Karl Rhodes, very well thought out, slowly and consistently building the pace into some great 70's funky uptempo tunes. Loved it! :yes:

This is one Nighter I shall be returning to at the soonest opportunity. Many thanks Steve and Lydia for having me on.

See you all next time.

Sean

big thanks to Sean ...and every body who came to Amlwch niter on sat .....it was a Fantasic nite great to see so many new faces in ...in the libery writing this as my pc went into melt down sat morning!!

great set by all the dj`s .....the music really flowed so to speek , big thanks to linda and alan for letting us use the club un all the staff..we also raised £88 for cancer research uk "ta Mandy" big thank to paul grant , mark tobin , the irish crowd un all the dj`s un helper two dave on the door ,mark morgan ,PAIGE T , KEV M ; KARL RHODES EMMS& UN LESLEY TINA & FUDGE ,TAT

LOOKING AT NEXT ONE SEPT OR OCT SEPT BEST WEATHER WISE AS IF FOLK DONT WANT TO TRAVEL STRAIGHT HOME THEY CAN PUT UP TENTS IN THE FEILD NEXT TO IT UN TRAVEL WHEN THEY WANT..

STEVE T

GREAT NIGHT again at Amlwch!!!! One big party from start to finish. Well done Steve!!!

Top tunes all night long from all DJ's. Great to see the Irish contingent over and all who travelled to this great little venue.

Playlist

Louis Paul---The change will do you good---Intro

Volumes---Aint gonna give you up---Karen

Jackey Beavers---Love that never grows cold---Revilot

Garnet Mimms---Prove it to me---United Artists

Stemmons Express---Love power---Wand

Otis Clay---Show place---One derful

Dennis Edwards---Johnnie on the spot---International Soulsville

Jonnie Taylor---Blues in the night---Atlantic

Gentleman June Gardner---Its gonna rain---Emarcy

Aretha Franklin---Save me---Atlantic

Lattimore Brown---So says my heart---Sound stage 7

Wayne Carter---Mad mouth woman---Mootreys

Damn Sam---Miracle man---Tayster

Bill Withers---Harlem---AM

Babe Ruth---Elusive---Capitol

21st Creation---Tailgate---Motown

Betty Wright---Lovin is really my game---Alston LP

Gladys Knight---I've got to use my imagination---Buddah

Daybreak---I need love---PAP

Differences---Five minutes---Monca

Larry Saunders---On the real side---London

Last half hour with Steve and Kev

Stemmons Express---Woman, Love thief---Wand

Maxine Brown---Let me give you my lovin---Wand

Dynamics---You make me feel so good---RCA

Ray Pollard---It's a sad thing---United Artists

Think that's the lot.

BRING ON THE NEXT ONE STEVE, TOP NIGHT, ALLWAYS IS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest justme

it is now monday the 5th of july and my legs are still not right from amlwch but i'm not complaining what a top night, as this was my 1st time there and it will not be my last thats for sure i just want to start of by saying thank you to steve and lyd opening their lovely home to the irish mob made me feel right at home. As we all loaded ourselves into the mini bus the craic was flowing right from there i didnt feel the drive to the event at all and what a cool venue music was pumping straight away you could feel the atmosephere was at an all time high and it did let go till the finish,and this must of affected the dj's cause it each and everyone of them played out of their skins wit dam good stompers i take my hat of to them you really couldnt ask for more:hatsoff2: ,and for the people at the event each and everyone was just so friendly and welcoming had many a good laugh outside while having a smoke:thumbsup:.To anyone out ther that havnt been to amlwch yet get i urge ye to get on a train,bus,boat,car whatever you need and get down to the place i promise you will not be disappointed again GREAT JOB done by steve and his crew you done yourselves proud and it was a pleasure to take on the journey to get there and back, oh and before i forget mr kev murphy have to say what a story teller ya had us in knotts back in steve n lyd's house. (hope we didnt keep ya up to late steve). again a big thanks to my fellow travelers and new friends ktf

My second visit to the Taffy Tardis and again it was brilliant, the night started when I joined Sean's Boogie Bus at Coggy's for a quick beer with mine host Jan and Mike, DaveR, KarlH, NeilT, Sean, & Dusty, then off we went to have a great night of music, mad company, laugh's n' chat.

Greeted at the door by Steve, went in and heard some fantastic tune's all night by all the Dj's from start to finish (load's new to me), and as Shorny said "all playing with enthusiasm and passion". This is a super venue, great atmosphere with very friendly local's and i've alway's have a great time at Amlwch,

Thank's to Steve and everyone involved ............... top night:thumbup: .

Thank's Shorny for the lift, Mike/Jan for the hospitality:thumbsup: .

Willie

What can i say, body only recovering now so it just had to be a good night!

Brilliant venue, great people and the music was superb.

Thanks to Steve for the spot, i REALLY enjoyed it.

Some fantastic records played on the night and my 'wants' list has grown.

Cheers for compliment Sean, i felt your own spot was right on the money (great taste indeed!).

Rufus Thomas "Memphis Train" just sounded so good played out!

I loved the pre and after get together as well and "Story Time with Kev Murphy" was a true highlight.

A massive thank you to Steve & Lydia for letting us take over your home and for looking after us so well.

We shall return! yes.gif

Brilliant nite from start to finish,from meeting at ours at 6 it was lafs and talking bollox all the way on the boogie bus with all my fellow window lickers:yes:

A really mixed bag of tunage played here all nite long and got to agree with such passion and commitment ! Something here for everyone with a thirst for quality soul!

This venue is friendly relaxed and wer the people wanna partay all nite long !!!

All Djs take a bow. you wer all fantastic biggrin.gif

P.S Babe Ruth sounded far better now than when it did way back in circa 76 thumbsup.gif

Cogster

What an amazing night we had in Wales. The music was unbelievable. The hospitality was something else. Will definitely be over in September/October for more of the same. Had a good laugh with Jumpin' Joan, especially to the super disco sounds :(. Hadn't heard Rufus Thomas before - stunning tune. Jackanory with Kev Murphy was great too. We are gonna kidnap him next time!! You wont see him again til 2011.

Source Advert