Two Massively In-Demand R&b Floorfillers For Sale

Guest Jean-Paul

Guest Jean-Paul

A couple of R&B floorfillers for sale...

You can email me on paul@right-on.org if you're interested or have any questions.

May not be of interest, but I also have for sale a copy of the fantastic original calypso cut to Azie Lawrence's "Pempelem" (the most popular ska track on the mod scene today and one of the most expensive 45s on the Blue Beat label). This predates the ska version by about 4 or 5 years and I would say it is much rarer. I've been playing it out covered-up (to good response) as it seems to be unknown and there's no soundclip of it anywhere on the Internet. It's in EX condition and priced at £100. Can email a soundclip to anyone interested.

Thanks for looking!

---

* Gizzelle - Baby Please Don't Go / Blessed Are The Tears - Wild records

Condition: Near Mint (I believe this copy has never been played)

Price: £40

Brilliant, in-demand, new-breed R&B (some might say Popcorn) cover of "Baby Please Don't Go" by contemporary artist L'il Gizzelle. Has to be one of the best young singers on the planet today. This fantastic version is based on the equally in-demand Rose Mitchell version. This is the original 1st issue on black vinyl with red label. These ones are hard to find and even the second issue has long sold out. A must-have R&B collector's item!

If you don't know this track, you can listen to it on YouTube here:

NOTE: The soundclip on YouTube is taken from the second issue - NOT the original copy I'm selling.

---

* Joe Tex - Pneumonia / Pneumonia (alt. version) - Fever (Jazzman records)

Condition: Near Mint (only been played a couple of times)

Price: £40

One of the biggest and best R&B tracks of the last 10 years. This is the reissue on Jazzman Records Jukebox Jam series (NOT a boot!). The original on King sells for £300. This has the bonus of the equally popular alternate version on the B-side, which I believe was only ever released on LP. The "Fever" label design on this issue is beautiful and is based on King's "Federal" logo.

If you don't know this track, you can listen to it on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.c...h?v=IVGPs6H4MmU

NOTE: The soundclip on YouTube is taken from the original King 45 - NOT the copy I'm selling.

---

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jean-Paul

The "Pempelem" calypso 45 is now RESERVED

The R&B 45s are still available...

May not be of interest, but I also have for sale a copy of the fantastic original calypso cut to Azie Lawrence's "Pempelem" (the most popular ska track on the mod scene today and one of the most expensive 45s on the Blue Beat label). This predates the ska version by about 4 or 5 years and I would say it is much rarer. I've been playing it out covered-up (to good response) as it seems to be unknown and there's no soundclip of it anywhere on the Internet. It's in EX condition and priced at £100. Can email a soundclip to anyone interested.

Social source share

Guest Jean-Paul

The "Pempelem" calypso 45 aka "Pineapple Sal" is now SOLD - thanks

The first press Gizzelle 45 is still available and I'm open to offers.

The Joe Tex "Pneumonia" 45 is now on Ebay starting at £4.99 with no reserve (hope it's ok to post the link here rather than starting a new thread in the Ebay section...)

https://cgi.ebay.com/...805696120116032

Also have a spare Eli "Paperboy" Reed 45 if anyone's interested?

Social source share

Guest Jean-Paul

Also have a spare Eli "Paperboy" Reed 45 if anyone's interested?

Sorry, should have said it's this one:

Eli "Paperboy" Reed - "Take My Love With You" b/w "(Am I Just) Fooling Myself" - Q-dee 1039

Email (or PM) with offer if you're interested, thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!