Rest In Peace Gary Briggs From Sleaford (Gary On Here )

It is with great sadness that I have just heard the news about a long time friend and work colleague Gary Briggs. All I know is Gary died suddenly on Monday 10th May.

Gary was a long time supporter of everything soulful in Lincolnshire and I know he will be sadly missed. Gary was a member of soul source and other internet related soul forums and although he didnt get out much as often as he liked due to family/work commitments he kept up with everything.

As soon as I hear more such as details of funeral etc I will let those that knew him the details.

On a personal note gary was a great support and mentor to me when I was going through tough times, and nurse education didnt make much sense, Gary was always there,

Im gonna miss our silly o'clock chats now dude and Im going to miss you.

Sleep well babes

Dawn

xxxxxxxx

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

JUST HEARD YESTERDAY GARY PASSED AWAY TUES NIGHT , I HAD NOT SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE THOUGH WE USED TO DJ AT LOCAL DO'S AND HAD THE ODD NIGHT OUT IN NEWARK & LINCOLN TOGETHER,APPARENTLY HE HAD NOT BEEN WELL FOR A WHILE . R I P OLD FRIEND 44 IS WAY TOO YOUNG MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY AT THIS SAD TIME

KEV

WILL POST UP FUNERAL DETAILS AS I GET THEM

med_gallery_1508_383_58672.jpg

GARY AT THE STOKE/SHEFFIELD CHARITY DAYER

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

Sad news indeed

He used to be a regular poster on here especially in freebasing a few years ago, was just looking at some of his old posts, always enjoyable reading

Please pass on my thoughts and condolences to all his family and friends

mike

(site note: two threads merged and title edited)

Social source share

yes dawn he would have loved to get out more but one thing that stopped him more than anything and he never classed it as a burden was the fact that one of his twins was severely disabled and has been in and out of hospital more times than i can remember,just reached her 18th i believe which was quite a milestone in itself.

kev

Social source share

Guest mrjp

so sorry to here bad news ,living only 17 miles from gary , but still did not know him , but like to send our deepest sympathies , and condolences to family , john and vicky boston .

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

didn't know gary to talk to,but like chalky said to many of late and so young,my heart felt sympathies go out to his family and friends..john

My deepest sympathy to all his family.

Stu.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I was only told about this 2 nights ago as I've been in hospital myself. I'm gutted!! Gary was one in a million. He helped the Gambian Charity group out a great deal and sorted out the venue for our last charity dayer. He couldn't do enough. Met his lovely family that day too and my heart goes out to them.

We used to have a good old laugh on the old stoke thread on here and numerous phone calls just talking rubbish basically.

You will be missed Gary, specially by me.

RIP special man

xx

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

Guest garv

I cant believe this news

I spoke with Gary 2/ 3 weeks ago & we had`t been in touch for a while, he told me he had been poorly over the xmas, we had a good chat & catch up & as always he made me laugh uncontrollably. Gary was the original Mr nice guy, i never heard him say a bad word about anyone or complain. Absolutely gutted

My deepest condolences to his family .

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i remember when gary was a regular in freebasing a few years back. i also got to meet him at the gambian all-dayer.

sad news.

shane

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!