***cancelled - That Driving Beat, May 28Th - Cancelled***

Morning all,

sadly I come bearing bad news.

As many of you will know in recent months we've been getting hassle from the management at The Wardrobe about volume of people in on our nights not being to their expectation.

Despite the huge success of the Yorks vs Lancs special, they just weren't having any arguement we put forward to plead our case and terminated the contract stating it wasn't a sustainable event in their eyes.

Whilst myself Rich and Eddie love the venue and would've liked to have stayed on there, the managements demands were just unreasonable; wanting numbers around the 300 mark!!!

This was frustrating seeing as they were still charging us an absolute premium for the venue hire and taking healthy bar takings from all our hard work as third party promoters.

Anyway, the three of us firmly believe on this night. We're passionate about the music policy, the mix of crowd we get and atmosphere it generates. We love the fact people enjoy great nights at our event and as such are determined to keep it going.

We're currently in talks with another quality venue in Leeds and hope to have an announcement soon. I sincerely wish you will continue to support us and would like to think the music, the people and the enjoyment factor of That Driving Beat is enough to bring you to our new home, hopefully in June?

If you could please help spread the word, particularly among regulars who don't regularly come on here we'd really appreciate it.

Until then, watch this space,

thanks

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Morning all,

As many of you will know in recent months we've been getting hassle from the management at The Wardrobe about volume of people in on our nights not being to their expectation.

Despite the huge success of the Yorks vs Lancs special, they just weren't having any arguement we put forward to plead our case and terminated the contract stating it wasn't a sustainable event in their eyes.

Whilst myself Rich and Eddie love the venue and would've liked to have stayed on there, the managements demands were just unreasonable; wanting numbers around the 300 mark!!!

This was frustrating seeing as they were still charging us an absolute premium for the venue hire and taking healthy bar takings from all our hard work as third party promoters.

Anyway, the three of us firmly believe on this night. We're passionate about the music policy, the mix of crowd we get and atmosphere it generates. We love the fact people enjoy great nights at our event and as such are determined to keep it going.

We're currently in talks with another quality venue in Leeds and hope to have an announcement soon. I sincerely wish you will continue to support us and would like to think the music, the people and the enjoyment factor of That Driving Beat is enough to bring you to our new home, hopefully in June?

If you could please help spread the word, particularly among regulars who don't regularly come on here we'd really appreciate it.

thanks

Azza

We are sorry to hear this, we really had a good time when we where there.

Good Luck for the future.

Dave & Lou.

Morning all,

thanks

Azza

you guys deserve so much better - i'm sure you'll bounce back ., the sooner the better

Morning all,

thanks

Azza

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif Very sad news Azza BUT on the bright side THEIR loss is someone else's gain. The Wardrobe don't deserve you,Rich & Eddie. Greedy barstewards !! angry.gif

It goes without saying I'll do a Tony Middleton with you guys (& I don't mean being sad in Paris biggrin.gif ) so good luck with finding a new venue. I will be watching this space yes.gif

Cheers for the great times you gave us down at the Wardrobe & here's to an exciting new chapter for That Driving Beat thumbsup.gif

All the very best

Ali x

Hi kirsty,

yeah thought about verve.

We have got a place in mind which ticks all the boxes. Just at early discussion stages now. But if we get the all clear it'll be full systems go!!

Well if it dosent work out let me know & I can give you the contact name at Verve or get my thinking cap on for somewhere else,though fingers crossed it does! thumbsup.gif x

Oh No!

I hope the Wardrobe are just about blimming proud of themselves! If I ever go there again I shall do a large number 2 and not flush!

I will support you at your new venue!

Furious of Leeming Bar

Just a quick reminder that there is NO DRIVING BEAT this month.

Talks are under way with a venue and we have been given details of another possibility which we'll be checking out. June or July is the target so watch this space.

If you could please let as many people know who attend regularly but may not post on here, that'd be really apprectiated.

thanks for the continued support!

Azza

Its a tough job trying promote and also trying to keep the managers/ owners happy too...

You have a good vibe/crowd and music policy... I am sure you can take that some other place...

Good luck with it all and i am sure i will be over in Dirty Dirty Leeds to see you at your new place sometime soon........ hatsoff2.gif

Source Advert