Farnborough Soul Night

Here we go.... What a fantastic turn out to help to get our 3rd anniversary go with a bag.

We had about 150 through the door and they were all up for a great night and i`m sure when people add to this thread you will see it was BRILLIANT.

A big thanks goes out to Simon Moldie, Mischief, Sean for spinning some out of this world soul music. All being well they might put some playlist up.

Danny and Myself would like to thank everyone for there support over the past 3 years and we look forward in seeing you all again for the next 3.

I will add to the post as the day goes on. Thanks Again :thumbsup: ktf

• Replies 58
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

this event seemed ages in coming around but if something is good its well worth waiting for...

the club had undergone extensive renovations since the last event including the moving of the bar

although not all the work had been finnished it didnt affect the smooth running of the club

as with all anniversaries ppl make an extra effort and this event was no exception...with a 2am finnish

and sean chapman as our special guest we hoped it would drag a few extra ppl out

we were not dissappointed...mucis started at just before 7pm where i decided to do a white demo set

and i suppose indulge myself but there were already ppl waiting to get in by 7.15... making us think

we were in for a packer.....there was a steady stream of ppl through the door all night...lots of new

faces and some returning ones....once again travellers outnumbered the locals and with ppl from wales,essex

somerset,sussex,dorset and a nice crowd from bournemouth and southampton and a few from london the crowd swelled

to around 150 which was excellent.....

after my set ended at 7.30 it was promoters ,danny and chris who played a nice selection of tunes until

simon hollis..farnborough towns....own djing director took over...simon hadnt djed for a long time but

that didnt stop him getting the dancefloor moving...next up was sean chapman and he was pleasantly surprised

at how well his early mainly 7ts set went down....the upfor it crowd loved it and after plenty of dancefloor action

it was time for chris and danny to do there second dbl decking set....the place was rammed and imvho the dancefloor was

a little too full for some.....the dancefloor never looked back after this and mischief had no trouble keeping it packed

with a great set until sean took over at midnite for his main set.....monster tune followed monster tune and it left me

wondering what i was gonna play....sean really did the business for chris and danny and in fact the whole club....

after sean had finnished it was my turn and after a few requests i played a mixture of 6ts and 7ts tunes....2am came round

far too quickly but after many cries of MORE i got away with another 3 tunes which were warmly recieved

many thanks too the management of the club and all those that turned up to make it a very successfull night

matt,russ and jo,dave and sue,the bentleys,the mortimores,tim and simon,bob and ann,bill and fiona,wigan brian,

keith and maxine,andy and paula,tracy and andy and a whole lot more...great surprise and pleasure to see barry wilmore

also great to see the many promoters from other events such as bournemouth uni,the crown,bisley,bournemouth railway club

and in crowd soul club plus sussex soul club and VSC

playlists and you-tube to follow

well done to chris and danny on three superb years

moldie

Edited by Guest

this event seemed ages in coming around but if something is good its well worth waiting for...

the club had undergone extensive renovations since the last event including the moving of the bar

although not all the work had been finnished it didnt affect the smooth running of the club

as with all anniversaries ppl make an extra effort and this event was no exception...with a 2am finnish

and sean chapman as our special guest we hoped it would drag a few extra ppl out

we were not dissappointed...mucis started at just before 7pm where i decided to do a white demo set

and i suppose indulge myself but there were already ppl waiting to get in by 7.15... making us think

we were in for a packer.....there was a steady stream of ppl through the door all night...lots of new

faces and some returning ones....once again travellers outnumbered the locals and with ppl from wales,essex

somerset,sussex,dorset and a nice crowd from bournemouth and southampton and a few from london the crowd swelled

after my set ended at 7.30 it was promoters ,danny and chris who played a nice selection of tunes until

simon hollis..farnborough towns....own djing director took over...simon hadnt djed for a long time but

that didnt stop him getting the dancefloor moving...next up was sean chapman and he was pleasantly surprised

at how well his early mainly 7ts set went down....the upfor it crowd loved it and after plenty of dancefloor action

it was time for chris and danny to do there second dbl decking set....the place was rammed and imvho the dancefloor was

a little too full for some.....the dancefloor never looked back after this and mischief had no trouble keeping it packed

with a great set until sean took over at midnite for his main set.....monster tune followed monster tune and it left me

wondering what i was gonna play....sean really did the business for chris and danny and in fact the whole club....

after sean had finnished it was my turn and after a few requests i played a mixture of 6ts and 7ts tunes....2am came round

far too quickly but after many cries of MORE i got away with another 3 tunes which were warmly recieved

many thanks too the management of the club and all those that turned up to make it a very successfull night

matt,russ and jo,dave and sue,the bentleys,the mortimores,tim and simon,bob and ann,bill and fiona,wigan brian,

keith and maxine,andy and paula,tracy and andy and a whole lot more...great surprise and pleasure to see barry wilmore

also great to see the many promoters from other events such as bournemouth uni,the crown,bisley,bournemouth railway club

and in crowd soul club

moldie

Hear hear ! mick top posting

Every thing you said rings true ,it was a top night ,with a superb crowd , well done to ALL the D.J.s, sorry i never got chance to talk to Shaun everytime i wandered over to chat somebody got there before me , never mind ,nice to see a top D.J. mixing with the punters with no airs or graces well done mate !

my only gripe was nothing to do with the night itself but the new layout ,a bar next to the dance floor doesn`t work (soggy dance floor in that area )and the "no" lights in the seating area ,but to be fair this may be due to the ongoing refurbishment . A very busy dance floor was a sign of an excellent night, but methinks a bigger venue may be required if the success continues .

Well done Chris,danny & Mick .Here`s to the next three years hatsoff2.gif

ps nice to see you keep the entrance fee to a fiver ,in these hard times K.T.F.

WiganBrian. thumbsup.gif

heres my playlist all original vinyl but not in order and played over two sets

6.45 till 7.30 and 1am till 2am

george wydell...from out of nowhere

innersection...im in debt to you

eddie billups...shake off that dream

johnny howard...the chase is on

volumes...that same old feeling

four tracks...charade

o.c smith...on easy street

linda lloyd...breakaway

george freeman...down and out

ultimates...girl ive been trying to tell you

moses smith...come on let me love you

bonnie herman...hush dont cry

buddy miles...what does it take

joanie summers...dont pity me

sparkles...try love...request

wille kendrick...change your ways

hyperions...why you wanna treat me the way you do

silky hargreaves...keep lovin me

herbert hunter...i was born to love you

gene mcdaniels...walk with a winner

chuck jackson...hand it over

harold melvin....get out...request for wigan brian

isonics...sugar

barbara mcnair...youre gonna love my baby...request

seven souls...i still love you...request for neal

big daddy rogers...im a big man

5 royales...catch that teardrop

bill bush...im waitin

marie knight...thats no way to treat a girl

david and ruben...i love her so much it hurts

wade flemmons...jeanette...request

tangeers...let my heart and soul be free

pat & blenders...just because

tj williams...baby i need you..request for ann

the arabians...please take a chance on me...request for ann

harvey averne....never learned to dance

Guest Mr TEA

What a great night

have not been out for a while so was looking forward to this and what a night it was,

thanks to all the djs for all the good tunes

good to see some friends i have not seen for a while.

see you all soon

Terry

Hear hear ! mick top posting

Every thing you said rings true ,it was a top night ,with a superb crowd , well done to ALL the D.J.s, sorry i never got chance to talk to Shaun everytime i wandered over to chat somebody got there before me , never mind ,nice to see a top D.J. mixing with the punters with no airs or graces well done mate !

ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT MEAN..NO HAIR OR BRACES

my only gripe was nothing to do with the night itself but the new layout ,a bar next to the dance floor doesn`t work (soggy dance floor in that area )and the "no" lights in the seating area ,but to be fair this may be due to the ongoing refurbishment .

WE SPOKE TO THE MANAGEMENT TODAY ABOUT THE LIGHTING ETC...DIMMER SWITCHES ETC WILL BE SORTED FOR NEXT EVENT AS WILL A WHOLE NEW CEILING...THE BARS POSITION WAS A CONCERN FOR US TOO

A very busy dance floor was a sign of an excellent night, but methinks a bigger venue may be required if the success continues .

CHRIS AND DANNY HAVE CHATTED ABOUT THIS...THE THING IS 1500 PPL ISNT THE NORM AND A BIGGER VENUE LOOKS SILLY WITH 80 PPL IN

Well done Chris,danny & Mick .Here`s to the next three years hatsoff2.gif

ps nice to see you keep the entrance fee to a fiver ,in these hard times K.T.F.

£5...OTD...CHEAP DRINKS AND A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM...ITS OUR COMMITTMENT..NO NEED FOR HIGHER ENTRANCE FEES

WiganBrian. thumbsup.gif

REGARDS MOLDIE

PS BRIAN...GOT SOME GREAT PICS AND FOOTAGE OF YOU...KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU TUBES

What a great night

have not been out for a while so was looking forward to this and what a night it was,

thanks to all the djs for all the good tunes

good to see some friends i have not seen for a while.

see you all soon

Terry

ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO SEE YOU OUT AND ABOUT TERRY...THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT

MOLDIE

Guest geordie neil

and in crowd soul club plus sussex soul club and VSC

moldie

Guest geordie neil

my first time up at farn really enjoyed it good mix of music great bunch of people good dj sets here's to many more hope to see you at the alldayer cheers neil ktf

Well done Chris and Danny.Absolutely top night.Great sets from all the dj's.Mr Chapman played two quality sets from his 1st set of 70's monsters to an incredible 60's set.Good to see a big crowd in as well incl quite a few from Bournemouth.

Too many people to "hi" to but all in all a cracking night.

Will echo Brians view about bar near dancefloor but thats down to the club not the promoters.

Guest matt tees

four tracks...charade

linda lloyd...breakaway

isonics...sugar

bill bush...im waitin

Guest matt tees

four tracks...charade

linda lloyd...breakaway

isonics...sugar

bill bush...im waitin

Moldie can you email me your early set only to chapmanrecords@hotmail.com so I can put it in my manifesto report you old GAYBOY!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind word,

Like brian said regarding the relocation of the bar and also the light in the seating area,

The bar is what the club owners have decided to do so there nothing i can do about that, I have spoken to the manager of the club about the light and all being well there will be a dimmer switch fitted.

Also mentioned was maybe time for a larger venue, Farnborough FC have done loads of improvement over the past 3 year and most of these have been good improvements. People love this club and its great to get 150 soulies through the door but this is a great venue. We will keep using this venue until we either get kicked out or outgrow it over the next year or so.

Moldie

Great review mate and brilliant photos.

Moldie can you email me your early set only to chapmanrecords@hotmail.com so I can put it in my manifesto report you old GAYBOY!!!

JUST DONE IT SEAN....HOPE THE PICS ARE OK..WORKING ON THE YOU TUBES

SOME GREAT LIVE FOOTAGE INCLUDING YOU

REGARDS MOLDIE

THANKS FOR DOING THE BUSINESS ON THE DANCEFLOOR..MIND YOU WHY YOU DIDNT USE THE TOILET IS BEYOND ME

Thanks everyone for your kind word,

Like brian said regarding the relocation of the bar and also the light in the seating area,

The bar is what the club owners have decided to do so there nothing i can do about that, I have spoken to the manager of the club about the light and all being well there will be a dimmer switch fitted.

Also mentioned was maybe time for a larger venue, Farnborough FC have done loads of improvement over the past 3 year and most of these have been good improvements. People love this club and its great to get 150 soulies through the door but this is a great venue. We will keep using this venue until we either get kicked out or outgrow it over the next year or so.

Moldie

Great review mate and brilliant photos.

Hi, Cris what a top night , dont think i was having a moan ,i was just echoing comments i heard through the night ,i know none of the gripes were down to you guys , Farnborough town f.c. have made great strides in improving the clubhouse , and these improvements were made with the club in mind and not us old codgers dancing to superb musc every few months ,

Anybody who has a moan about a set up like Farnborough probably never went to Wigan ,especially the bogs ( oh! the sweet smell of p*ss on your bags the day after )---- ( not to mention the lovely slimey mold growing up the bog walls ) Keep up the good work and see you soon hatsoff2.gif

Hi, Cris what a top night , dont think i was having a moan ,i was just echoing comments i heard through the night ,i know none of the gripes were down to you guys , Farnborough town f.c. have made great strides in improving the clubhouse , and these improvements were made with the club in mind and not us old codgers dancing to superb musc every few months ,

Anybody who has a moan about a set up like Farnborough probably never went to Wigan ,especially the bogs ( oh! the sweet smell of p*ss on your bags the day after )---- ( not to mention the lovely slimey mold growing up the bog walls ) Keep up the good work and see you soon hatsoff2.gif

No Brian, Didnt think you were moaning for a minute, These 2 comments were the only 2 that people said to me also, I was just answering what was said.

thumbsup.gif

Guest matt tees

Invited to guest at the Farnborough FC Soul Night, arrived in 2hrs 15 mins, first thing to do, was to check out Farnborough FC ground not bad! and some ongoing work going to improve the facilities, I am like a train spotter but with football grounds!! weird or what! Arriving at 8.30 and already a good crowd in. A nice club indeed with a very good dance floor and plenty of seating plus a cracking sound system. DJs on the night were promoters Chris Thorley and Danny North, Residents Mischief and Moldie plus guests Simon Hollis and moi!! Moldie had already done an early set, Andy Hollis was putting in some really nice 70s choones and getting a decent reaction, so I decided to spin a mainly 70s set (1st set) and was taken a back by the response, opening up with the likes of Hamilton Movement, Anderson Brothers, Gloria Scott, Elipses plus Beat Ballad Jimmy Bo Horne, Angela Davis, Lisa Stansfield, Unique Blend, Montclairs and Constellations went down very nicely and still early! Next up was Chris and Danny who kept the floor going, Mischief for next hour and the floor was rammed, Mischief gets better and better with his delivery and excellent Mic work, my second set mixing in Rare, Classics, and a splash of Mod and Latin, Eddie Parker, Eddie Whitehead, Johnny Thunder, Monguito, Santamaria, Gene Toones, Mannny Corchado plus Dell Larks etc. !! Moldie had the honour of finishing the night and kept the dancers going right up the last record. What a fabulous night and a super electric charged atmosphere! Great to be in the company of me mates Andrew and Tracey, Paul and Emma plus Dean and Liz. A big well done on celebrating 3 years at Farnborough FC. There was a great mix of Rare, Classics, 70s, RnB, Mod and Boogaloo, truly across the board, which too be honest seems to be getting less and less in a lot of clubs I am visiting at the moment. Mind you I have always advocated there is more soul in the south and are a much more open minded crowd on the whole as a lot of the punters have to travel , hear different DJ sets,do not rely on the clubs on their doorsteps! It is only by experiencing different clubs that we get a different flavour of what is been played both North and South of the country. This is a cracking little club and is well recommended if you have not been before. Well done Farnborough on three successful years!!

Guest matt tees

Invited to guest at the Farnborough FC Soul Night, arrived in 2hrs 15 mins, first thing to do, was to check out Farnborough FC ground not bad! and some ongoing work going to improve the facilities, I am like a train spotter but with football grounds!! weird or what! Arriving at 8.30 and already a good crowd in. A nice club indeed with a very good dance floor and plenty of seating plus a cracking sound system. DJs on the night were promoters Chris Thorley and Danny North, Residents Mischief and Moldie plus guests Simon Hollis and moi!! Moldie had already done an early set, Andy Hollis was putting in some really nice 70s choones and getting a decent reaction, so I decided to spin a mainly 70s set (1st set) and was taken a back by the response, opening up with the likes of Hamilton Movement, Anderson Brothers, Gloria Scott, Elipses plus Beat Ballad Jimmy Bo Horne, Angela Davis, Lisa Stansfield, Unique Blend, Montclairs and Constellations went down very nicely and still early! Next up was Chris and Danny who kept the floor going, Mischief for next hour and the floor was rammed, Mischief gets better and better with his delivery and excellent Mic work, my second set mixing in Rare, Classics, and a splash of Mod and Latin, Eddie Parker, Eddie Whitehead, Johnny Thunder, Monguito, Santamaria, Gene Toones, Mannny Corchado plus Dell Larks etc. !! Moldie had the honour of finishing the night and kept the dancers going right up the last record. What a fabulous night and a super electric charged atmosphere! Great to be in the company of me mates Andrew and Tracey, Paul and Emma plus Dean and Liz. A big well done on celebrating 3 years at Farnborough FC. There was a great mix of Rare, Classics, 70s, RnB, Mod and Boogaloo, truly across the board, which too be honest seems to be getting less and less in a lot of clubs I am visiting at the moment. Mind you I have always advocated there is more soul in the south and are a much more open minded crowd on the whole as a lot of the punters have to travel , hear different DJ sets,do not rely on the clubs on their doorsteps! It is only by experiencing different clubs that we get a different flavour of what is been played both North and South of the country. This is a cracking little club and is well recommended if you have not been before. Well done Farnborough on three successful years!!

A flavour of what I will put in my next manifesto column, plus Moldie's excellent early set (which I will add) and his last hour wasn't bad, either, hes got some bloody good choones that boy!!

Guest matt tees

A flavour of what I will put in my next manifesto column, plus Moldie's excellent early set (which I will add) and his last hour wasn't bad, either, hes got some bloody good choones that boy!!

Oh and I forgot to put GAY before boy!!!

Guest GrooveJunkies

well done guys .......

looks like a it was a great night

with some very nice plays.........

Look forward to the you tubes,,

GJ,,,

four tracks...charade

linda lloyd...breakaway

isonics...sugar

bill bush...im waitin

Nice moves Mischief yes.gif

Wigan Brian didn`t do to bad neither laugh.giflaugh.gif

mischief can be really light on his feet at time :yes:

wigan brian is about as graceful as bambi on the ice :thumbsup:

its odd...there were so many soul sourcers present but hardly any have posted...just a thanks to chris and danny would be nice for a great evening

moldie

Great You tube Moldie and brill report. thumbsup.gif

HI to all thegang,

I thought I would add my comments after " farnboro the movie " ha ha .From morden to the football club we all had a brilliant night well done you guys ,you don't have to travel 4hrs up the m1 to have good time not when this soul night is on ,the venue is getting upgraded so keep on supporting these nights because these are real deals not the commercial week-ender jobbies

out empty your pockets ,looking forward to the next one .

Andy & Paula ,keith & maxine.

HI to all thegang,

I thought I would add my comments after " farnboro the movie " ha ha .From morden to the football club we all had a brilliant night well done you guys ,you don't have to travel 4hrs up the m1 to have good time not when this soul night is on ,the venue is getting upgraded so keep on supporting these nights because these are real deals not the commercial week-ender jobbies

out empty your pockets ,looking forward to the next one .

Andy & Paula ,keith & maxine.

hi andy

im hoping the new soul movie is better than my effort lololol...great to see you all from sussex as always

im sure chris and danny will br greatful for those "OH SO TRUE" words

regards moldie

Guest andrew bin

what a great night we had, musically and socially it was top notch we really enjoyed ourselves and Chris you were right i did enjoy all the dj's spots thumbsup.gif i even had a few dances, what a way to celebrate your third anniversary well done guys hope you have many more hatsoff2.gif and we'll look forward to seeing you up there again

what a great night we had, musically and socially it was top notch we really enjoyed ourselves and Chris you were right i did enjoy all the dj's spots thumbsup.gif i even had a few dances, what a way to celebrate your third anniversary well done guys hope you have many more hatsoff2.gif and we'll look forward to seeing you up there again

hi andy and tracy

a real pleasure to see you on saturday night...glad you enjoyed it but you did look a bit shocked when in the darkness i tried to kiss you and shake tracys hand.....

hope the lighting is sorted out in time for the next one

regards moldie

Thanks Moldie... you've done me right up rolleyes.gif ... nothing like some stuff ph34r.gif mixed with you anti depression tablets...ohmy.gif

was atop night your write up and videos say it all really...

and Chris and Danny know how much I appreciate being asked to dj for themthumbsup.gif

is that it now till Septemberohmy.gif

and by then maybe Emma will stop pretending shes studyingohmy.gif

Thanks Moldie... you've done me right up rolleyes.gif ... nothing like some stuff ph34r.gif mixed with you anti depression tablets...ohmy.gif

ARE YOU ON THE SAME TABLETS AS ME PAUL...NEARLY TWO YRS NOW MATE..I STILL FEEL SHITE

was atop night your write up and videos say it all really...

THANKS..I THINK

and Chris and Danny know how much I appreciate being asked to dj for themthumbsup.gif

ITS A PLEASURE TO DJ ALONGSIDE YOU PAUL

is that it now till Septemberohmy.gif

IVE GOT AN EVENT PLANNED FOR LIGHTWATER AND A CHARITY ALL DAYER IM TRYING TOO SORT OUT.....TWO ROOMS...SO ILL BE LOOKING FOR DJS WHEN ITS SORTED

MOLDIE

Edited by Guest

mischief can be really light on his feet at time yes.gif

wigan brian is about as graceful as bambi on the ice laugh.gif

its odd...there were so many soul sourcers present but hardly any have posted...just a thanks to chris and danny would be nice for a great evening

moldie

Bloody ell Moldie Not everyones on the ball like you no.gif give em time yes.gif

Bloody ell Moldie Not everyones on the ball like you no.gif give em time yes.gif

THE EVENT WAS 4 DAYS AGO....IT AINT MY EVENT BUT IVE POSTED WITH AN HONEST VIEW..FEEDBACK GOOD OR BAD HELPS PPL SEE WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT AT AN EVENT