Bournemouth Railway Club 29Th May

Its back! the Bournemouth Railway club with top notch 60s/70s classic / rare and underplayed nite 29th may

Why not make a weekend of it with the railway on the b/ hol sat and the Southampton alldayer on the sunday, its gonna be one hell of a weekend

djs

Andy Mann

Simon Preston

Jonah

£2 entry

cheap bar prices

8 to 2ish

• Replies 47
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Its back! the Bournemouth Railway club with top notch 60s/70s classic / rare and underplayed nite 29th may

Why not make a weekend of it with the railway on the b/ hol sat and the Southampton alldayer on the sunday, its gonna be one hell of a weekend

djs

Andy Mann

Simon Preston

Jonah

£2 entry

cheap bar prices

8 to 2ish

might actually make it to this one tim! trying to talk the "swanage massive" into it as wellyes.gif

djs

Andy Mann

Simon Preston

Jonah

£2 entry

cheap bar prices

8 to 2ish

Will defo be at this one...a gr8 place with gr8 ppl & gr8 music...plus you always hear choons you don't know which is always a bonus in my book...looking forward to it...thumbsup.gif

I know of soulies from Brighton & Cambridge will be makeing the trip to the railway as they are makeing a soulful weekend of it...yes.gif

Alfie

Will defo be at this one.......LOLOLOL...NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE ALFIE.....a gr8 place with gr8 ppl & gr8 music...plus you always hear choons you don't know which is always a bonus in my book...looking forward to it...thumbsup.gif

I know of soulies from Brighton & Cambridge will be makeing the trip to the railway as they are makeing a soulful weekend of it...yes.gif

Alfie

Will defo be at this one...a gr8 place with gr8 ppl & gr8 music...plus you always hear choons you don't know which is always a bonus in my book...looking forward to it...thumbsup.gif

Alfie

Will be good to see you Alfie boy, your not wrong about hearing a few tunes that are new to most, the railway has been one of the most progresive clubs on the south coast over the last 5 years, where djs have been happy to play a £1000 tune along side a £5 tune, its whats in the groove that counts not the ££££££££££thumbsup.gif

Guest wizardmerlin
thumbsup.gifcoming down from the midlands to stay at weymouththumbsup.gif gonna give the railway club ago with her indoorsrolleyes.gifgonna put on me best black country accentbiggrin.gifmight even polish me dancin shoeslaugh.gifcor wait thumbsup.gifktf steve&anne yam yams on tourhatsoff2.gif

thumbsup.gifcoming down from the midlands to stay at weymouththumbsup.gif gonna give the railway club ago with her indoorsrolleyes.gifgonna put on me best black country accentbiggrin.gifmight even polish me dancin shoeslaugh.gifcor wait thumbsup.gifktf steve&anne yam yams on tourhatsoff2.gif

Hi Steve & anne,

are you aware of the Southampton (Totton ) Alldayer ,on the Sunday ,miss it at your peril yes.gif

cheers! WiganBrian.

Edited by wiganpotter

thumbsup.gifcoming down from the midlands to stay at weymouththumbsup.gif gonna give the railway club ago with her indoors:rolleyes:gonna put on me best black country accent:Dmight even polish me dancin shoes:laugh:cor wait thumbsup.gifktf steve&anne yam yams on tour:hatsoff2:

Be good to see ya, intruduce yourself to us when you get there, you cant miss us, we are the ones looking grumpy behind the decksthumbsup.gif

Edited by tim smithers

Would just like to thank Tim,Mark and Simon for very kindly let me DJ at the Railway Club...... I'm really looking forward to giving a few tunes a spin that i hope will be well received, i have started to pull a few bits out the boxes and getting quite excited as i think it's going to be a busy night with a up for it crowd looking forward to a busy weekend down south, can't wait, ( now where did i put that grapevine LP) only kidding :hatsoff2:

Andy Mann

Would just like to thank Tim,Mark and Simon for very kindly let me DJ at the Railway Club...... I'm really looking forward to giving a few tunes a spin that i hope will be well received, i have started to pull a few bits out the boxes and getting quite excited as i think it's going to be a busy night with a up for it crowd looking forward to a busy weekend down south, can't wait, ( now where did i put that grapevine LP) only kidding rolleyes.gif

Andy Mann

We are all looking forward to it Andythumbsup.gif

Hi Steve,

Be good to see you at the Railway Club.Always a lively night and great music to go with it. thumbsup.gif

Guest Bearsy

be rude not to try to make the effort for this on such a eventful weekend down south hatsoff2.gif Really looking forward to this as its been a while since the last one and not having to drive up that M1 will make a change and its good to support your local nights cos thats what its all about really so i been hearing yes.gif Not heard Andy dj before and knowing he has great taste in all things soulful alongside Simon and Jonah i thinks will be a top top night biggrin.gif

see you all there if not before

Bearsy & Marie

be rude not to try to make the effort for this on such a eventful weekend down south hatsoff2.gif Really looking forward to this as its been a while since the last one and not having to drive up that M1 will make a change and its good to support your local nights cos thats what its all about really so i been hearing yes.gif Not heard Andy dj before and knowing he has great taste in all things soulful alongside Simon and Jonah i thinks will be a top top night biggrin.gif

see you all there if not before

Bearsy & Marie

Gonna be so qulity tunes for sure young old Bearsy, be good to see you and Maria thumbsup.gif

Edited by tim smithers

Good afternoon...hope your enjoying this hot spell we are having...biggrin.gif

Really looking forward to next weekend indeed...a first class night at the Railway for starters and the All-dayer on the sunday...thumbsup.gif Hope you don't mind me bumping Tim...wink.gif

Always have a top night at the railway so get yaselfs down to this event for what will be a fab night...yes.gif

SO MUCH SOUL GONNA BE PLAYED DOWN SOUTH THIS MAY BANK HOLIDAY...BRING IT ON...thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest Bearsy

Gonna be so qulity tunes for sure young old Bearsy, be good to see you and Maria thumbsup.gif

Beasry and Marie are looking forward to seeing you Tom laugh.gif

Guest Dave Mortimore

Be good to see ya, intruduce yourself to us when you get there, you cant miss us, ' we are the ones looking grumpy behind the decks' thumbsup.gif

. You mean you've actually realized this! laugh.gifbiggrin.gif We all hope you can cheer up a bit.

. For from a spectators point, 'Its not a pretty sight!' Mind you, it's a good thing that you're behind the speakers, as they tend to cut out that whining noise. whistling.gif

. To add to the travellers theme in past posts. We've got a couple of friends from London coming down to stay with us for the Bournemouth/Southampton weekend of soul. They've heard good things about the club and are really looking forward to the night.

. The trouble is, the grumpiest and most controversial member of the three stooges isn't D.J.ing on this occasion. I hate to admit this, but your usual contribution will be missed.

. From another grumpy old fart, Dave Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. You mean you've actually realized this! laugh.gifbiggrin.gif We all hope you can cheer up a bit.

. For from a spectators point, 'Its not a pretty sight!' Mind you, it's a good thing that you're behind the speakers, as they tend to cut out that whining noise. whistling.gif

. To add to the travellers theme in past posts. We've got a couple of friends from London coming down to stay with us for the Bournemouth/Southampton weekend of soul. They've heard good things about the club and are really looking forward to the night.

. The trouble is, the grumpiest and most controversial member of the three stooges isn't D.J.ing on this occasion. I hate to admit this, but your usual contribution will be missed.

You never no Dave, i might take a few with me and stick em on late, all uptempo [ thats if im allowedwink.gif ]

Guest Dave Mortimore

You never no Dave, i might take a few with me and stick em on late, all uptempo [ thats if im allowed:wink: ]

. You bloody well would 'nd all!

. Right at the end of the night, just when I'll be winding down and trying to save my legs for the following day in Southampton.

. Please, if you get the chance to play, keep it boring and save the fast ones for a night when I can take it easy the following day. There's no way I'm going to make any requests. - :chinstroke: But there again, it's never seemed to make much difference in the past. Sods law says that you'll pull out all my previous unplayed requests just for the hell of it.

. Thinking retrospectively from a self preservation perspective, maybe it's better that you don't play. So I hope Jonah brings that dog with him. You know!

. The one that bites you every time you get near those decks! :yes:

Edited by Dave Mortimore
Guest sandrap7644

Hey Tim,

Great!!! We are go!!! See you there.

Here is a small message From Jonah to all his friends,supporters and acquaintances:

" I Would like to take this opportunity to remind all regulars and not so regulars, that the Bournemouth Railway Club Soul Nights are back on track!!!!!!

(Thanks Danny Loveland)

It is taking place this Saturday the 29th of May. The DJ'S being myself (Jonah), Andy Mann, Simon Preston, hopefully playing all your favourite sounds( a wide range of quality Soul Music)

At the Railway we have always and will continue to try to cater for all tastes and try to please everyone ( hard task that is ...).

Finally, a Big Thank you To Tim Smithers and Simon Preston for their continuous support.

Hope to see you all there on Saturday."

JONAH

Well I personally second all that.......Thanks Tim and Simon

Guest sandrap7644

I am in total agreement at Home we call them the 3 grumpqueteers

Hope you all have fun......

Hey Tim,

Here is a small message From Jonah to all his friends,supporters and acquaintances:

" I Would like to take this opportunity to remind all regulars and not so regulars, that the Bournemouth Railway Club Soul Nights are back on track!!!!!!

(Thanks Danny Loveland)

It is taking place this Saturday the 29th of May. The DJ'S being myself (Jonah), Andy Mann, Simon Preston, hopefully playing all your favourite sounds( a wide range of quality Soul Music)

At the Railway we have always and will continue to try to cater for all tastes and try to please everyone ( hard task that is ...).

Finally, a Big Thank you To Tim Smithers and Simon Preston for their continuous support.

JONAH

Glad your online now Mark, looking forward to this weekend, hopfully see some travelers supporting this great do

ive got myself some dark glasses as this event is usually a blinder and some protective clothing as its gonna be a blast

a whole weekend of soul bring it on

moldie

Guest wizardmerlin
thumbsup.giftold her indoors to get the bags packedrolleyes.gifshine me shoes thumbsup.gif and iron my tee shirtslaugh.gifcos we gonna give it someyes.giflooking forward to our first trip to the railway clubrolleyes.gifwe dow need a passport do we? cos yo all talk funny down there do ya rolleyes.gifcor wait.ktf steve &anne we may talk funny but we cor half dancewink.gif

thumbsup.giftold her indoors to get the bags packedrolleyes.gifshine me shoes thumbsup.gif and iron my tee shirtslaugh.gifcos we gonna give it someyes.giflooking forward to our first trip to the railway clubrolleyes.gifwe dow need a passport do we? cos yo all talk funny down there do ya rolleyes.gifcor wait.ktf steve &anne we may talk funny but we cor half dancewink.gif

SMART DRESS RULES AND ID NEEDED LOL

Guest Bearsy

Hey Tim,

(Thanks Danny Loveland)

JONAH

is that really you Mark ph34r.gif

Guest Bearsy

Glad your online now Mark, looking forward to this weekend, hopfully see some travelers supporting this great do

where the fook they gonna leave the horses :huh:

djs

Andy Mann

Simon Preston

Jonah

£2 entry

cheap bar prices

8 to 2ish

Dear All

Would love to be there but sorry can't make this one- great selection of DJ's should be a top nite!

djs

Andy Mann

Simon Preston

Jonah

£2 entry

cheap bar prices

8 to 2ish

Always a cracking night at the railway...top chooons all the way me thinks...see ya soon guys...biggrin.gif

We are almost there and really looking forward to tonight at the Railway club,got the records sorted and kinda have a idea what to play?... but could all change depending on my drink intake but hopefully will play a few tunes that you are going to like and might be hearing for the first time ?.... think I'm going down the underplayed road tonight mixed with a few favorites just for good measure.....so bring your dancing,drinking and party heads with you tonight it's a bank holiday weekend no work for 3 days.

See you all later.

Andy :g:

Just spoke to Simon Preston and hes pick up a few crackers latley, which hes gonna spin, probably for the first time out anywhere, this is what the railway is all about for me, playing the odd choon that is unknown with plenty of classics, this for me is what sets the railway apart from all the other south coast dos thumbsup.gif

Just spoke to Simon Preston and hes pick up a few crackers latley, which hes gonna spin, probably for the first time out anywhere, this is what the railway is all about for me, playing the odd choon that is unknown with plenty of classics, this for me is what sets the railway apart from all the other south coast dos thumbsup.gif

looks like it's gonna be a gr8 night indeed...always up for listening to some unknown stuff...and knowing Simon he wont dissapoint...brill...thumbsup.gif

Mesage from Ruth...Have a gr8 night guys sorry wont be over...as i wont be finishing work till late...no.gif Catch up with you all laters...biggrin.gif

Guest Bearsy

We are almost there and really looking forward to tonight at the Railway club,got the records sorted and kinda have a idea what to play?... but could all change depending on my drink intake but hopefully will play a few tunes that you are going to like and might be hearing for the first time ?.... think I'm going down the underplayed road tonight mixed with a few favorites just for good measure.....so bring your dancing,drinking and party heads with you tonight it's a bank holiday weekend no work for 3 days.

See you all later.

Andy thumbsup.gif

biggrin.gif see you later Andy everyone has very high expectations of you wicked.gif

Guest Bearsy

Just spoke to Simon Preston and hes pick up a few crackers latley, which hes gonna spin, probably for the first time out anywhere, this is what the railway is all about for me, laugh.gifplaying the odd choon that is unknown with plenty of classics , this for me is what sets the railway apart from all the other south coast dos thumbsup.gif

shouldnt that be the other way round Tim

biggrin.gif see you later Andy everyone has very high expectations of you %7Boption%7Dhttps:

No pressure then :hatsoff2: i'm just glad i don't have to DJ every week and have got it down to once every year or five that way people forget their high expectations.

Any way my job tonight is to have you dancing at least once( in time :D ) and asking what was that and i will leave a happy man.

Be good to see you as you are someone who really knows how to enjoy themselves and genuinely loves their music

Andy

Mesage from Ruth...Have a gr8 night guys sorry wont be over...as i wont be finishing work till late...

message from my great aunt mabel...sorry but shes at her knitting club and cant make