Family of Eve on Jeree

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

Ok, I've been waiting and hunting for this record for as long I've been collecting and no luck in 8 years. This morning my mate gets a copy through the post from Japan, so it's time for me to start bleating and whining on message boards in a desperate attempt to get my own copy....

Does anybody have a copy of Family Of Eve "I wanna be loved by you" on Jeree not full sail they would like to off load? I will will pay top dollar...

Thanks

JT

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

James i've mailed a couple of people i know who have said platter if they are interested in selling i'm sure they will be in touch ;o)

John

Social source share

thanks johney, you can't beat a bit of desperate begging action:-p

Expensive record these days. Last 1 i saw at set sale on jerre was £350, that was 18 months back.

Social source share

Ok, I've been waiting and hunting for this record for as long I've been collecting and no luck in 8 years. JT

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

rubbish you've been after it since you heard it on kebs comps ;-)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

rubbish you've been after it since you heard it on kebs comps ;-)

I first heard it played by Keb around 1996. It came out on Deepfunk vol1 about a year later, I think, or maybe the same year.

Keb's got a lot to answer for! The state of my bank account for one:-(

Social source share

JT you should have said when I was trying to get the Trace of Smoke of you!

I bought it of Dave Raistrick for the "I wanna be loved by you" side about 15 - 20 years ago for £5 (?new release). At the time he had multiple copies of it. Is it different than the Full Sail R.I.?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

The fullsail is a bootleg/second issue, or so i'm led to believe by much older and balder men than myself. Same tracks though. Isn't there a nasty blue vinyl issue of it too?

Hippo, if you want to sell me your Jeree let me know;-). Did you get the CD I sent you ( I couldn't wait for the Joe Jamma, prolly won't ever turn up.)? Was it of interest? Or are we confusing Hippos again:-S

Social source share

I actually got the copy that Keb used to own, along with Alfie davison, Otis Clay and a few others in the mid eighties for about £50- and yes I still have the copy.

Sorry though, not for sale, but should I need the money, i will always post on here first if i decide to sale.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny One Trout

Mmm i have seen it go for more but it don't half look a lot when you see it in US $ glad you got your want Jimbo

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!