Beres Hammond "do This World A Favour"[Joe Gibbs] 7"

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

No, calm down, Kelly Brook isnt coming to scrub your back in the bath.....no.gif Er, sorry ladieshuh.gif ........

But something great really has happened..

Licensed from Joe Gibbs/VP music and taken straight from the original master tapes someone has done us all a big favour and released the previously album only Jamaican Modern Soul Anthem by

BERES HAMMOND "Do This World A Favour" on Joe Gibbs 7"......first time its been released on 7" anywhere of course.......and legally too.

Side A is a handy edit [running time 4:23] playing at 45rpm

Side B is the lp Version [running time 5:29] playing at 33rpm

Labels look real nice tooyes.gif

This is due to hit the shops next week i believe and its a strictly limited run which i imagine will sell out real quick........Anyone inerested in stocking it should phone[DAYTIME ONLY 10am-6pm] Mark on 01273 774445.......and dont forget to mention SoulSourcethumbsup.gif

PS. I have just put a soundfile of the edited version[A Side] up on refosoul,if anyone can add it onto this thread i`d be greatful .....

Look out for it SoulPeople,

Best,Ivor

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

BERES HAMMOND-DO THIS WORLD A FAVOUR[ 4:23 EDIT ]-JOE GIBBS - thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that Toad,much appreciated.

Social source share

Great new release be on the phone in the morning to stock up.thumbsup.gif

What are we saying ....great news ...official release ?? ok to dj with cos the soul police will give it the official stamp of approvalsmile.gif

If so .does anyone wanna buy my lp and i'll get the re-issue on a 45thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

What are we saying ....great news ...official release ?? ok to dj with cos the soul police will give it the official stamp of approvalsmile.gif

If so .does anyone wanna buy my lp and i'll get the re-issue on a 45thumbsup.gif

I reckon so Nev..........I cant imagine anyone who buys this sort of Soul music[i.e. GREAT Soul music],NOT wanting a copy !

Best, Ivor

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

Guest ENTHUCOL

Officially licensed re-issue through VP limited to 1000 copies only, a-side 'single edit', B-side LP version, should be in stock next week I am told, not sure if this is allowed, but it will be in my eBay listimgs as soon as its in stock;

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/enthucol/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Social source share

Guest sandi

you're defining GREAT soul music by this track?

:D

Pete you plonker, Beres Hammond has a fantastic voice, and this track is his most soulful in my humble opinion and l for 1 am hoping to get hold of a copy, and so will many others.

Talking of defining soul music (GREAT SOUL MUSIC), are you going to be in attendance at Harpo's birthday bash on june 11th at The Bushbury Arms.........you enjoyed it last year even though you pretended not to like the "disco" rubbish we were playing :D. If memory serves me right you even said that the Carstaires sounded great.......and that coming from you was a compliment.

We love ya and would love to see you there mate.

Sandi and Harpo x

Social source share

Guest sandi

If so .does anyone wanna buy my lp and i'll get the re-issue on a 45:thumbsup:

Keep your l.p. and still get the issue on 45, l am...:D.

Licenced issues as far as l know are quite legal to play out if you d.j.......

God some d.j.'s play vinyl carvers and pay the earth for em, and they can't be legal ........or can they!!!!!!!

dont shoot me for daring to question this issue, l'm nowt but a mere girlie and ask lots of questions.

I just wondered about the silly prices that some d.j.'s have payed to have a official c.d. original release put on vinyl(In my experience "promoter d.j.'s" make statements as to what can be played at their venues....."original only's"..... then instead of playing the original track play a carver....why? because the track in it's original format is c.d. release only, and these such promoters play vinyl only,:D......so have the track carved.....It confuses me, talk about mixed messages :D:yes:).E.G. The one track that comes to mind that many a soulie has as a carver is 8 3 1 Lisa stansfield, only ever release on c.d. until recently when 2 guy's from down south released it on a 45 licenced issue with the full backing of Lisa Stansfield , who they pay royalties to(How it should be done....no!!!!!!.....YES.). The price of this 45 l believe being £7......beats vinyl carvers £50 + price any day.....

Anyway back to the point, thankyou Ivor for making us aware that this is very soon being released for us to own as a single track, should of been done years ago, great record and a great artiste.

Sandi

Social source share

• 7 years later...
On 18/05/2010 at 18:49, NEV said:

Nope, not ok. Album is original. This is a reissue due to demand from the "Rare Soul Collectors Scene". It shall not be played out loud at any public dance.

Yours sincerely,

Wachtmeister Benji

German Soul Police

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!