Soul Nights @ Bridgwater Saturday 29Th May

Right - here we go again . Saturday 29th May - Soul Nights @ Bridgwater returns .

Our farewell do before the Summer, then we'll see you all in the autumn .

The usual plan - all the d-j's will dig deeper and find something you might not have heard before ; so you might not like every single thing - but you will hear some tunes that will blow your socks off !!

2 Bridgwater virgins this time ; welcome [ Newbury] Rob Savetz and Des Parker. And by huge demand the return of the Ginger Prince, Mr. Taylor . And errr me too

7-30pm till 1-00. No admittance after 10-30pm . pm me if any queries ?

• Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

So sorry we cant be there guys!!

But someone ask Peter to play the FEMALE version of Bobby Hutton " Come See Whats Left of Me"

He told me its the Only one in existance!!!

Have a great nite all , and i hope Ginger s twinn brother aint with again,,,,,, Minger Taylor

love n soul

Simon Sousan x

see picci below

post-1851-12742879200389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown

So sorry we cant be there guys!!

But someone ask Peter to play the FEMALE version of Bobby Hutton " Come See Whats Left of Me"

He told me its the Only one in existance!

Rightv Nige, that's a challenge !

I'll search really hard for it and try and find it .

you little tinker !

Guest Dr Pickles

Can't wait for this one.

The last Bridgwater was fantastic, a great mix of different along side classic floor fillers.

Top people out to have a great time.

Especially looking forward to hearing Rob Savetz play his version of gritty soul. He comes with glowing reports after his deck time at The New Century Nighter thumbsup.gif .

See you there

Doc

Can't wait for this one.

The last Bridgwater was fantastic, a great mix of different along side classic floor fillers.

Top people out to have a great time.

Especially looking forward to hearing Rob Savetz play his version of gritty soul. He comes with glowing reports after his deck time at The New Century Nighter thumbsup.gif .

See you there

Doc

spot on Dr.

I'm getting quite a bit of interest in Rob and his forthcoming gala premiere evening at Bridgwater next Saturday night .

bring it on

pete

Guest andrew bin

spot on Dr.

I'm getting quite a bit of interest in Rob and his forthcoming gala premiere evening at Bridgwater next Saturday night .

bring it on

pete

as usual we're looking forward to this, can't come around quick enoughthumbsup.gif i'm especially looking forward to hearing Rob's spot allthough with a superb lineup like that i'm sure there'll be something for all tastethumbsup.gif bridgewater my favourite soul night :thumbup:, heard a rumor that the porthcawl lot are also in attendance :ohmy::wink:

29thMay.gif

just wanted to dish out some credit to where it's due to in the direction of Mike Cook , not only a right clever g*t with the computer graphice for us at Soul Nights @ Bridgwater,

but also one of the good guys on the scene too.

Thanks Mike,

I'm not worthy !

just wanted to dish out some credit to where it's due to in the direction of Mike Cook , not only a right clever g*t with the computer graphice for us at Soul Nights @ Bridgwater,

but also one of the good guys on the scene too.

Thanks Mike,

I'm not worthy !

id like to echo those words pete..i bet he will carry your record box too if your leg is still sore yes.gif

moldie

Guest steph murphy

Looking forward to another great night at Bridgwater. Pete and Cathy really do put on a great night. Pete, you STILL owe me a dance, hope your leg is better. Did they find anything other than nuts and bolts on the MRI scan?

See you all there thumbsup.gif

as the last one clashed with go go children me and nicci really looking forward to this...always come away with my wants list extended !

dean

take care then Dean

Des will not only be blasting tunes at us - he'll have his sales boxes with him too !

Guest Dr Pickles

take care then Dean

Des will not only be blasting tunes at us - he'll have his sales boxes with him too !

Right, if Des is bringing his sales box then I had better be prepared................

pennyJar.jpg

Always cheap quality records, if you have a listen.

Doc

Guest Angela Lawrence

Cant wait to point my car down to sunny Somerset and sample the great tunes at Soul Nights@Bridgewater. Once again a great dj lineup and sure to hear lots of stuff I've iether not heard before or not heard in ages. A friendly crowd who are always up for a laugh as well as Cathy and Pete Lyster's legendary hospitality makes it a must for me!

as usual we're looking forward to this, can't come around quick enoughthumbsup.gif i'm especially looking forward to hearing Rob's spot allthough with a superb lineup like that i'm sure there'll be something for all tastethumbsup.gif bridgewater my favourite soul night thumbup.gif, heard a rumor that the porthcawl lot are also in attendance ohmy.gifwink.gif

Hello Andy mate,

Looking forward to spinning a few for you and Tracy along with Chris and Lou. Hope I can make it as good a

show as Crickhowell that time! Long time no see but after a 5 week lay off Elaine is especially itching to get

back in the groove. Always liked Bridgewater so friendly and relaxed and will be pleased to play for the

crowd down there.We are meeting up at Petes I believe so

heres to a gud un!!!

Best

ROB

Guest andrew bin

Hello Andy mate,

Looking forward to spinning a few for you and Tracy along with Chris and Lou. Hope I can make it as good a

show as Crickhowell that time! Long time no see but after a 5 week lay off Elaine is especially itching to get

back in the groove. Always liked Bridgewater so friendly and relaxed and will be pleased to play for the

heres to a gud un!!!

Best

ROB

hello matethumbsup.gif

be good to catch up with you both , i think the last time we saw you was a for short chat at that hotel in barnsley (ships that pass in the night):wink:

you'll both love it in bridgwater very appreciative crowd and top notch music, i bet Elaine 'ill be on that dance floor all night thumbsup.gif

see you sat thumbsup.gif

Soul Nights @ Bridgwater - the ' free - cycle ' table

this posting is just to remind everyone who has been before, [ and tell anyone coming for the first time ], that this event has a ' free - cycle ' table, run by Cathy.

the idea is you bring any unwanted northern soul, moddie, scooter type stuff [ records, books, mags, tapes, dvd's, whatever ], and put it onto the table for other people to take and use / enjoy ; and you take away anything you might want .

Occasionally Cathy will allow footie related stuff too, but tends to grab anything Man United related that we haven't already got!

and, errr, that's it !

It's been very successful so far. You'll find the table just outside the main room, near where you pay in.

Northen Soulies going green and recycling eh !!

pete

Right - here we go again . Saturday 29th May - Soul Nights @ Bridgwater returns .

Our farewell do before the Summer, then we'll see you all in the autumn .

The usual plan - all the d-j's will dig deeper and find something you might not have heard before ; so you might not like every single thing - but you will hear some tunes that will blow your socks off !!

2 Bridgwater virgins this time ; welcome [ Newbury] Rob Savetz and Des Parker. And by huge demand the return of the Ginger Prince, Mr. Taylor . And errr me too

7-30pm till 1-00. No admittance after 10-30pm . pm me if any queries ?

Dear All

Really looking forward to this one as always- great selection of DJ's should be a great nite as always- keep up the great work- from Matt

Guest andrew bin

Dear All

Really looking forward to this one as always- great selection of DJ's should be a great nite as always- keep up the great work- from Matt

Hello Matt

i was only saying to tracie the other day that i've seen matt more times this year than i've seen my mum laugh.gif (not complaining though) be good to see you as usual thumbsup.gif

Guest Mike The Bike

Hello Andy mate,

heres to a gud un!!!

Best

ROB

Hey you guys.. wave.gif

Sorry i wont be able to come down and support ya but im going to Manchester and then onto the Derby all dayer yes.gif shame looks like a goooodun.. hope we all meet up soon to catch up miss you lot xxx

Pete & Cathy

Just had that crazy brother of mine on the phone saying he can't get on tinternet, thus can't say he won't be there Saturday, some excuse about a scooter rally in Scotland I think.

Have a good un, any thoughts on what we talked about down at the Newquay Weekender in May or is it still top secret :thumbsup:

Pete & Cathy

Just had that crazy brother of mine on the phone saying he can't get on tinternet, thus can't say he won't be there Saturday, some excuse about a scooter rally in Scotland I think.

Have a good un, any thoughts on what we talked about down at the Newquay Weekender in May or is it still top secret shhh.gif

look buddy I know you pay your debts, anyway it's only a fiver and I've told you you can pay it back in 10 installments @ 50p, starting next month. don't worry about it !

anyway I know where you live. [ tee hee hee ]

pity you can't get down for Sat night into the deep south west - you'd be made very welcome and you'll hear some some reetly goodly a.t.b. soulie type stuff.

see you soon

pete

look buddy I know you pay your debts, anyway it's only a fiver and I've told you you can pay it back in 10 installments @ 50p, starting next month. don't worry about it !

Peter Peter Peter, it was £3.50 and not £5 but glad to take your offer of the ten installments; 0.35p a month OK, can I paypal it over?

Guest souldjer 1

plymouth coming up in force,hope ginger pulls something different from his big box,looking forward to this 1.

cya all there

dean n yvette

plymouth coming up in force,hope ginger pulls something different from his big box,looking forward to this 1.

cya all there

dean n yvette

Iya Pete & Cathy

looking forward to another great night at Bridgwater well worth the 2 hour journey down., never disappointed at your venue.

Dean & Yvette glad you can make it after all.

See you all tomorrow

Big Tony's birthday too, should be a fab night

Dave & Claire

Guest Glawster

Heard nothing but good reports about this venue, so was honoured to be asked to play a few down at Bridgewater - really looking forward to it!!!

Des

Des its the dogs do da's! Top hosts,great crowd too and music that never fails to hit the spot.

We're off upto Telford first as The Rifles have been granted the Freedom of the City and its 2 Rifles turn to accept the accolade and Ben is over from Ballykinler(Belfast) to do the march through,brollies required by the forcast up therehuh.gif .

Back to what is now "rainy" GLAWSTER,hopefully pick up a couple more "soulies" then off to Bridgy!

Drive safely everyone and see you laterish!

Always looked forward to Bridgewater but sadly yet again can't make it...I know its going to be a brilliant night because it always is....hopefully catch up with everyone soon. Have a great night xxxxx

Edited by Lindsay

Pete, Have a good one enjoyed spinning some tunes for you at last one. Cannot make this one as will be off on the Soul Cruise of the Med.

For those of you who not been I recommend it highly. Got to be the best in South West..... Well equally so Pete with one or two i can think of!!!