End Of An Era

Guest rikerliker

Guest rikerliker

HAD TO STOP OFF AT SANDBACH SERVICES TODAY FOR MY TACHO BREAK (LORRY DRIVER LAWS) AND IT BOUGHT BACK THE MEMORIES OF WHEN I WENT TO THE END OF AN ERA NIGHTER AT WIGAN, IN ALLY'S VAN FROM LEICESTER. AND WE GOT BUSTED AS WE DROVE OUT THE SERVICES. GOT TOOK OFF TO THE LOCAL NICK AND GOT STRIP SEARCHED. HAPPY DAYS :laugh: I CAN REMEMBER APART FROM ALLY OF COURSE , PHIL FLAVEL. P.A.D. AND SOMEONE CALLED STU BUT DON'T KNOW ANY MORE NAMES. ANY ONE ELSE ON HERE IN THE VAN THAT NIGHT, THERE WAS ABOUT 12 OF US IN TOTAL

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Always stopped off at Sandbach on the way home from the Cassie Club.

Guess what as soon as went back onto the M6 south we got pulled over by the Cheshire Police.

Strip searched & had the seats of the car taken apart every week.

On the plus side we all eventually got invited to their annual Christmas Party :-))

Keep the Faith & Keep On Keeping On.

Tiv.

Social source share

Guest joecool

Kid you weren't on your own , i got busted at Keel and Knutsford ( weell almost , as i had dropped my gear before we got there there was nothing the squad could do except say ( we will get you next time you little f---er, )

Social source share

Guest martyn

We used to avoid stopping at Keele , Sandbach or Knutsford to avoid the DS . We'd pull off at Cannock for a pint & a swallow & then junction 19 to neck the rest ...........Happy days hypo.gif

Edited by martyn
Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Sanbach,Keele all the service stations were regular stop and search areas but the most fun to be had was always HIlton Park rolleyes.gif lots of stories but no time,maybe this thread shold join with the gear/scene thread?

Steve

Worst service station award?...Michaelwood(until Yate started) shithole!!

Yeah it was a shithole Steve, but it had a brilliant pinball. Remember playing with Mark, Bob and Roch 'til about 5 one morning on the way to Yate.biggrin.gif

Social source share

Sanbach,Keele all the service stations were regular stop and search areas but the most fun to be had was always HIlton Park rolleyes.gif lots of stories but no time,maybe this thread shold join with the gear/scene thread?

Steve

Worst service station award?...Michaelwood(until Yate started) shithole!!

After the wheel shut and just before the Torch nighters kicked in---During that 'black hole' lol we used to go to Keele and drop us gear, take a Discotron and play sounds all night--cos it was the only place open all night.

Sounds sad--but we weren't the only 'lost souls' doing the same thingbiggrin.gif

Trick was to avoid the service station staff from calling 'plod'

......a lot more easy going staff at Knutsfordrolleyes.gif

...dont think Sandbach services wasn't built in them daysohmy.gifg.gif

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

HAD TO STOP OFF AT SANDBACH SERVICES TODAY FOR MY TACHO BREAK (LORRY DRIVER LAWS) AND IT BOUGHT BACK THE MEMORIES OF WHEN I WENT TO THE END OF AN ERA NIGHTER AT WIGAN, IN ALLY'S VAN FROM LEICESTER. AND WE GOT BUSTED AS WE DROVE OUT THE SERVICES. GOT TOOK OFF TO THE LOCAL NICK AND GOT STRIP SEARCHED. HAPPY DAYS laugh.gif I CAN REMEMBER APART FROM ALLY OF COURSE , PHIL FLAVEL. P.A.D. AND SOMEONE CALLED STU BUT DON'T KNOW ANY MORE NAMES. ANY ONE ELSE ON HERE IN THE VAN THAT NIGHT, THERE WAS ABOUT 12 OF US IN TOTAL

Early Wigan day's we used to stop at Knutsford but it started to get a bit dodgy so we hung back to Sandbach at least it was less hassel but not completely open ground.The guy you call stu maybe Stu Kent from near Hinkley(he is on hear)

Social source share

Sandbach for me and a few times past wigan upto charnock richards to pick something a little more exciting up..........

Got busted on crewe station bout 78........ stopped taking gears for .........two weeks............. not had anty in over ten yrs now,...

Social source share

Guest Trevski

M62, Birch for us Yorkies! ( No I don't mean birch us! Mmm for some, that wouldn't be a bad idea! laugh.gif)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

post-5897-12745970026481_thumb.jpgThat sounds familiar,

Me, Phil Shelton, Dave Shaw, the Twins and Micky Taylor, were given a tour of Congleton police station one Sat night.

It just got silly in the end did Clifton Hall on the Fri. and it took me and Phil nearly 2 hours to produce a piss sample, the others and the coppers were not amused, we just stood there laughing for ages, eventually got to Wigan about 3am.

Dont know who it was but a young lady took mine and Phils tools off us just before we got pulled luckily we were seperate to the others so had time to get rid of the parephenalia, as they say.

Only Dave and Mick, who were caught with stuff ended up charged, that time.

It never quite had the same appeal after that, still to this day tend to use Knutsford instead.

post-5897-12745966663809_thumb.jpg

post-5897-12745967091463_thumb.jpg

post-5897-12745970026481_thumb.jpg

PH

Edited by harpo1
Social source share

post-5897-12745970026481_thumb.jpgThat sounds familiar,

Me, Phil Shelton, Dave Shaw, the Twins and Micky Taylor, were given a tour of Congleton police station one Sat night.

It just got silly in the end did Clifton Hall on the Fri. and it took me and Phil nearly 2 hours to produce a piss sample, the others and the coppers were not amused, we just stood there laughing for ages, eventually got to Wigan about 3am.

Dont know who it was but a young lady took mine and Phils tools off us just before we got pulled luckily we were seperate to the others so had time to get rid of the parephenalia, as they say.

Only Dave and Mick, who were caught with stuff ended up charged, that time.

It never quite had the same appeal after that, still to this day tend to use Knutsford instead.

post-5897-12745966663809_thumb.jpg

post-5897-12745967091463_thumb.jpg

post-5897-12745970026481_thumb.jpg

PH

If she did that to you , her name was Lorena Bobbitt .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

HAD TO STOP OFF AT SANDBACH SERVICES TODAY FOR MY TACHO BREAK (LORRY DRIVER LAWS) AND IT BOUGHT BACK THE MEMORIES OF WHEN I WENT TO THE END OF AN ERA NIGHTER AT WIGAN, IN ALLY'S VAN FROM LEICESTER. AND WE GOT BUSTED AS WE DROVE OUT THE SERVICES. GOT TOOK OFF TO THE LOCAL NICK AND GOT STRIP SEARCHED. HAPPY DAYS :laugh: I CAN REMEMBER APART FROM ALLY OF COURSE , PHIL FLAVEL. P.A.D. AND SOMEONE CALLED STU BUT DON'T KNOW ANY MORE NAMES. ANY ONE ELSE ON HERE IN THE VAN THAT NIGHT, THERE WAS ABOUT 12 OF US IN TOTAL

Blimey Phil Flavel that's a name i've not heard for years. What ever happened to him?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Blimey Phil Flavel that's a name i've not heard for years. What ever happened to him?

He was at a dayer in Leicester a couple o year ago.

Social source share

HAD TO STOP OFF AT SANDBACH SERVICES TODAY FOR MY TACHO BREAK (LORRY DRIVER LAWS) AND IT BOUGHT BACK THE MEMORIES OF WHEN I WENT TO THE END OF AN ERA NIGHTER AT WIGAN, IN ALLY'S VAN FROM LEICESTER. AND WE GOT BUSTED AS WE DROVE OUT THE SERVICES. GOT TOOK OFF TO THE LOCAL NICK AND GOT STRIP SEARCHED. HAPPY DAYS laugh.gif I CAN REMEMBER APART FROM ALLY OF COURSE , PHIL FLAVEL. P.A.D. AND SOMEONE CALLED STU BUT DON'T KNOW ANY MORE NAMES. ANY ONE ELSE ON HERE IN THE VAN THAT NIGHT, THERE WAS ABOUT 12 OF US IN TOTAL

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL/ IT WAS NUTSFORD CITY LIMITS FOR ME TO GET SORTED FOR WIGAN & SWALLOW WHEN GOING TO CLEATHORPS, WHICH WAS VERY APT WHAT SAY YOU SIR?

:ohmy: DAVE KIL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!