INFO REQUIRED ON 70s TRACK-A TEASER

Guest micksmith

Guest micksmith

I'VE JUST PICKED UP THE FOLLOWING;

MIXED EMOTIONS. "DOWN AND OUT/GOLD OF MY LIFE". COLE.

FROM 1977- PRODUCED BY ELIJAH COLE & IS OUT OF THE WEST COAST.

I KNOW IT CAME OUT ON ROCK-WAY WITH "GOLD OF MY LIFE/CAN YOU FEEL THE FUNK". COULD BE A PUBLISHING COMPANY TEST PRESS. APART FROM THAT ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. A LITTLE TEASER FOR YOU MODERN MEN OR GIRLS.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest James Trouble

Elijah Cole was selling bootlegs of it on the web, and he told Jason that they are the originals and the originals were bootlegs. :-S

Social source share

Guest micksmith

SOUNDS A BIT MIXED UP(EMOTIONALLY)-JOKE. WE'LL I THINK I'VE GOT THE JIST. COLE LABEL ORIGINAL-ROCK-WAY LABEL BOOTLEG. OR IS IT ROUND THE OTHER WAY?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

There are original rockways but he was selling booties of it on the web.

Jason Stirland spoke to him, he used the words "crack" and "head" to descibe Mr Cole. Jason's not the best judge of character but in this case he seems spot on!

Could you send a scan of the COLE to me? I've not heared the down and out side. Can you send a sound sample of it? Are you looking to off load it?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

J.T. IF YOU'RE AT THE 100 CLUB SAT-I'LL SHOW YOU. "A" SIDE IS A NICE SOUL SIDE. I'M NOT INTO "SCANS YET".

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'll be there. Going to Desborough first, so might be a little worse for wear by the time i get there!

Social source share

There are original rockways but he was selling booties of it on the web.

Jason Stirland spoke to him, he used the words "crack" and "head" to descibe Mr Cole. Jason's not the best judge of character but in this case he seems spot on!

Could you send a scan of the COLE to me? I've not heared the down and out side. Can you send a sound sample of it? Are you looking to off load it?

Oi James you fucking dunce! :-)

True, I befriended you for years before realising you're a plonker...bad judge of character...well, yes! :-))))

Seriously.

Elijah Cole contacted me last year to complain that any exisiting copies of the Rock-Way issue (the one's pressed in the 70's) were boots, done by EMI or somebody. After several emails in (which Mr Cole grew more and more weird) our pal Elijah then said he was going to press up the record again (Can You Feel The Funk/Gold Of My Life) but this time he'd include the engineer's name on the label and sign the records to verify their authenticity. I decided not to entertain Cole's weirdness any longer, instead, seeking out his really shit poetry on the web for a laugh. It's awful.

Last year he pressed up a few copies of the great 'Am I Imposing' which never got issued in the 70's. Unfortunately because he's so weird, he failed to notice that the 278th generation C90 he'd used to master from meant that the record is totally unplayble. Shame, it's a great 70's tune.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Plonker?!?!?!? I was just pretending to be your friend to get close enough to your record box to write down all your tunes! Who's the dunce now? tee hee:-)))))

Have you sent my record off yet? ;-)

Social source share

Plonker?!?!?!? I was just pretending to be your friend to get close enough to your record box to write down all your tunes! Who's the dunce now? tee hee:-)))))

Have you sent my record off yet?  ;-)

I was just thinking, you shouldn't get lippy with the man who just sold you the Innersection...you know how bad the post is these days... ;-))))))))))

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

grrrrrr. I'll have to hold off with the insults untill I get the Innersection in my hands then. Just till then though!

;-)

BTW maybe you should register instead of posting as guest all the time?!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!