Your Top 10 Northern Soul 'characters'

Milton Keynes with Claire and family

We may have crossed wires here Dave : the Saus I know is David Sausevic ( I think that it the correct spelling if his surname ) , who hailed from the Skellow area of Doncaster .

Malc

Social source share

We may have crossed wires here Dave : the Saus I know is David Sausevic ( I think that it the correct spelling if his surname ) , who hailed from the Skellow area of Doncaster .

Malc

Yeah, Saus who used to be married to Wendy, one and the same. he's living in Milton Keynes, and has been for several years.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here are a bunch of people that over the years have made me smile, sometimes edgy, sometimes down right outragous, but life would have been duller without them, in no order....

Budgie, Dave Greet, Pete Lawson, Pete Wid, Blondie, Keith Minshull, Gabbie, Dennis Lee, Leon Brown, Gilly, Woody, Jock, Colin Law, Maria, Heather & Angie, Dean Anderson, Jacko & Paul Guntrip, Dim Dave, Gaz Kellett & Stan (In fact all of The Preston Cyber Men), Martin Peerman, Tim Ashibend, Butch, Marc Forrest, Lars, Keb & Guy Heineken, Clarkie, Sam, Arthur Fenn, Dave Wise, Alison, Rolland, Kirsty, Pete & Karen, Dean Johnson

There are more, but these come to mind, everyone real Characters

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yeah, Saus who used to be married to Wendy, one and the same. he's living in Milton Keynes, and has been for several years.

Thanks Dave thumbsup.gif

If you have a contact number , can you email me ?

Malc

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif SMOKEY HAS ALL THE ATTRIBUTES GOING FOR HIM. IN THE MID TO LATE 6TS HE WOULD MOST CERTAINLY WOULD OF BEEN IN TOUGH CREW, SIMILAR TO STEPHNEY MILE END OR BETHNAL GREEN, YOUR EYES NEVER MET WHEN THESE GANGS WERE ABOUT, BUT I THINK HE WOULD HAVE BEEN INVITED INTO THE FIRM (UNDERWORLD) AS HE CAN APPLY HIS MIND WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND WILL ALWAYS MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION TO BENEFIT OTHERS, IN A SITUATION YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK ABOUT TO SEE WHO IS THERE, HE IS TOTALLY RELIABLE MAN, AND CROSS HIM AT YOUR PERIL, HE IS A LAUGH, AND WOULD NEVER GRASS, HE LIKE A KNUCKLE ALONG WITH THE EXCITEMENT THAT STREET FIGHTING BRINGS, IF I AM IN A PUB AND A GLASS SMASHES I AM LIKE A MAGNET TO SEE WHO GOT THE BIG WHOOSH! OTHER PEOP[LE WOULD LEG IT, IN THE :lol: 8TS I WAS USING SO MUCH I WOULD GO FOR 10 DAYS AT A TIME LEAPING, SO IN 1 MONTH IT CONSISTED OF 3 DTHEDRUG DAYS, ALONG WITH PSYCHOSIS AN SLEE DEPRIVATION IT WAS TOTAL MADNESS. IN FACT I WAS MAD, THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP ME WAS STAVE, I RUNG HIM 1 NIGHT HE WAS IN WARRINGTON, I SAID TO HIM THAT IF YOU DON'T COME AND KNOCK ME OUT (FISTS) I WOULD KILL SOMEONE, HE CAME DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY, AND IN PRISONED ME WITH JULIAN ALSO BEING A GUARD, UNTIL I GOT BETTER, THE MAN IS A DIAMOND FOR DOING THAT, AT THE TIME NOBODY WOULD OF VONE THAT, HE IS PROPER NORTHERN SOUL MAN FROM WOLVES, IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE AND DON'T NO HIM GO OVER AND HAVE A TALCUM HIS HANDS ARE HUGE, THE MAN SAVED MY LIFE ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Smokey as the biggest hands I've ever seen, and his knowledge of modern soul music is unbelievable, spent many an hour with him, and have listened to amazing tunes i would've missed completely without his guidance. :no:

Social source share

Saus was at the Wilton Friday night with Claire. He rarely if ever goes anywhere these days. Usually the Wilton every few years.

Thanks Chalks .

Malc

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nsoulxx

1) Malcolm- who danced to 'Cause you're mine' at Warrington Parr Hall in the 80's wearing his adidas vest and bags, spraying his arm pit sweat all over the dance hall

2) Sharron Hargreaves- for being my friend and co soulie and mod at rallies and nighters all over the country during the 80's and 90's. I miss you Sharron

3) Stefan Spzunar- gone but not forgotten- Give it to me now, honey please don't wait until tomorrow no- give it to me now putting it off will only bring me sorrow yeah....Hand it over....

4) Richard Searling- for years of dj-ing and keeping the scene going and even at times making me like the odd, and I mean odd Modern soul record

5) Steve Cato- for his brill cords, his brill flat, Otis the cat and his decorating skills

6) Paul Sadot- for his excellent dancing and record collection

7) Chris from Blackpool- who dances like a dream-love his moves

and I can't think of any others even though there are loads....... 8,9,10 all the great dj's and organisers who keep the scene alive KTF xx

oh yeah and 11) The girl at The International Club in Manchester in 1983 who discreetly explained to me what gear was so I didn't make a right dick of myself! I was only 14!!

Social source share

Me and Dave Thommo once went down to Hemsworth to pick Stan up one Friday night. Now I dont know how many pubs there a in Hemsworth , we must have bneen in all of em, three times easy! Every time we went in , we would ask 'have you seen Stan Spencer?' ...'youve just missed him he's gone to the ...Arms or whatever! this went on for 2 hours, until we went back to the pub we were supposed to meet him in to start with and he's sat there large as life ...'where's tha bin, Peter?' we had to laugh .

Social source share

Me and Dave Thommo once went down to Hemsworth to pick Stan up one Friday night. Now I dont know how many pubs there a in Hemsworth , we must have bneen in all of em, three times easy! Every time we went in , we would ask 'have you seen Stan Spencer?' ...'youve just missed him he's gone to the ...Arms or whatever! this went on for 2 hours, until we went back to the pub we were supposed to meet him in to start with and he's sat there large as life ...'where's tha bin, Peter?' we had to laugh .

When I was speaking to Paul Rowan on Friday afternoon , I mentioned to him that Stan Spencer had been mentioned on the forum , and he recalled one particular time we encountered him .

Stan had been released a couple of days earlier from Strangeways , and when asked how it had been , he replied " If I stood on my chair in the cell and looked out through the bars on the window , I could see The Wheel "

Top man .

Malc

Social source share

Guest Glawster

Never been to any of the older venues but have loved Northern Soul music since I first encountered the music @ 14 yrs of age in 76.

I have read this thread and recognise a lot of names and have over the past few years met a few too albeit South of Essington(Prestatyn aside) thats the furthest we've travelled. So theres an insight into my "souling" escapades,now who are "my characters! - as follows.

1 Sue Taylor aka Tamlasue aka Mrs Motown ("my missus") firstly in keeping with the "missus" bit of the thread - yes she has great tits!but also as with Jumping Joan and Jo Wallace she too has balls to do it behind the decks!

no particular order now

Joey from Pembrokeshire - The "quiet" fanatic!

Martin Pilnick - how many miles does this guy do for soul - diamond!

Adrian Matt Matthews - One of the nicest guys on the scene

Neil and Ann Self - Very Good friends. - Mr & Mrs Soulfusion

Mike Eskins & Des Parker- Riversidesoul & Gloucesters allnighter revivalists and good friends too.

Don "the knowledge"Palmer and Steve Lloyd - Coppertops - champions for the scene

Pete Macca McNulty - who renewed my faith that Soul music,Cider and vodka does mix! and Helen for keeping us in check!

Jerry Hippo Hipkiss - unbridled passion for music!

Pete and Cathy Lyster - Passionate musical folks,good friends and Man U fans too!

Leon and Gail Brown - GLAWSTERS FINEST!

Sean Champan and Michelle - What Passion for the scene

Nige and Tina Graham - Great folks with whom we have recently had some great laughs with!

Many many more I could mention but there is 2 last people I have to mention Carole Gibbard and finally Sid Pratt who certainly was responsible for many a great Sunday afternoon "push the furniture back,box finding dust blowing off soul sessions in his front room then the last few years in our conservatory!" and keeping me involved in the scene.

Edited by Glawster
Social source share

Mine have to be:

Dave Molloy for his wit, his knowledge and his impeccable taste as well as being a fab husband x

Micky Cruise for just being my best mate for the past 18 years. Not many people know the real Michael Edward Cruise. Totally loyal friend and probably my biggest influence in broadening my knowledge of vinyl, putting me on to some amazing tunes and introducing me to some of the best people on The Scene. (ooh did I mention, he still pulled some dodgy antics with me but never got away with them without a slap across the boat race and I knew him when he still had all his own teeth) Love you mate x

Pete Lawson for scaring me half to death when I first met him but then being a very genuine guy who I looked up to and respected 100% and got to know for who he really was

Curly (David Waters) from Middlesborough for being piss funny and never failing to make me laugh. Dodgy bugger!

Little Annie Martin from Bolton for being the funniest female I have ever met on The Scene and off and for her committment to The Scene for nearly 30 years constant. She deserves an MBE for her patience with Mr Cruise

Gaz Kellett again for his wit, knowledge and genuinity. The other half of The Soul Tw...ts

Jock O'Connor for being the nicest chap I ever met as well as being 100% pure soul

Wendy (Mrs Stiggers) for being someone who has morals and no bulls shit, treating me as an equal despite being one of the young naive girls all those years ago

Little Tommy Allinson for being that crazy little guy from Ormskirk who you know will always tell you how it is, like it or not cos of his genuine honesty and his respect to anyone who knows him

Good call on all of them Julie

Social source share

Was chuckling t'other day about a Kellet escapade whereby he somehow 'found' a massive sheet of gold paper / foil (bit like those people get wrapped in after a marathon). He proceeded to wrap himself in it and career around the venue claiming he was a "werther's original", approaching unsuspecting victims with the immortal line "come and have a sweet of your old grandad" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Was chuckling t'other day about a Kellet escapade whereby he somehow 'found' a massive sheet of gold paper / foil (bit like those people get wrapped in after a marathon). He proceeded to wrap himself in it and career around the venue claiming he was a "werther's original", approaching unsuspecting victims with the immortal line "come and have a sweet of your old grandad" :thumbsup:

You remember his gear detector mate ?,piss funny

Social source share

oh mate, genius laugh.gif Always was a big 'props' fan: coat-hangers, mail sacks etc etc.

Tony L made me laugh out loud last week when he recalled another 'incident' whereby Gaz emerged into the dawn light sans shoes and socks; he'd swapped his brogues for a Hesitations record (and was well happy with the deal by all accounts) :thumbsup:

Edited by PhilT
Social source share

I reckon I define the word "character"differently to most unsure.gif Some of these posts seem like a list of mates and not the "characters" who I thought you were referring to. Plenty had an influence on me but not all what I would describe as a character. Characters to me are people like Pete Lawson, Gaz Kellett, Phil Worrell, Tommo, Woody etc etc.

For me, there were quite a few but the following stood / stand out just that bit taller (excluding Matchy, as he's a short arse :thumbsup: );

Frank Jackson - RIP

Pete Lawson - RIP

Matchy

Smokey

Booper

Widdy

Social source share

Guest roggert

hi sue sam married terry bramley from mansfield a mate of dave kettle and still lives in the area i will try to get more info as soon as poss

Social source share

remember Click ?,remember him telling me,he'd done a chemist's,got loads of good stuff,inc a big jar of green & clears,buried it ,got nicked the day after,got 3 years,when he came out ,went back to dig it up,they'd built a bypass over it :thumbsup:

I think I've seen the movie of that !! :lol:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

:( HI ALL IN NO ORDER JUST RANDOM: #1 GOES TO :- KAY FROM THE ROYAL COLLAGE OF BALLET JOINTLY SWITH CHRISSIE GREY FROM PRESTON BOTH WERE TOP DANCERS NEVER RIVALED BY OTHERS AS THEY HAD THE PLUS FACTOR, BUT MARLINE JONES FROM STOKE HAD A GREAT HIGH KICK, AND IF YOU GOT IN HER WAY YOU FELT IT, ANN MURPHY/CHASE bedford completly DIFFERENT WITH A WE BIT OF IRISH IN THERE, AND GEORGINA FROM CAMBRIDGE HAD GOOD SKILLS ALSO, AND ALL GIRLS WITH THERE HAIR IN BUTCHERS? LUVLEY JUBLY.

#7 FORGET HIS NAME BUT I THINK HE WAS A TRAINED DANCER OF TAP, HE CERTAINLY USED IT EFFECTIVELY WHEN DANCING.

#6 PETE WIDERSON GREAT DEALER COLLECTORS WHO KEPT ME COMPANY AT WIGAN IN THE BAR AND HELPED ESTABLISH THE RECORD DEALER STALLS IN THEIR ALONG WITH ADY MICK AND WHOEVER POPPED ALONG

KEITH MINSHAL THE ORIGINAL WEEBLE, GREAT COLLECTOR WHO IS A STALWART OF THE SOUL SCENE, ALL STOKE SOUL FAMILY INCLUDING THE COLORED MAN TIM ASHERBENDY I HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED UP TO HIM? BUTCH AND HIS SHIT BOX, ALL WOLVES LADS PAST AND PRESENT PHIL & MAX RIP PADDY & AGGY DO, HARPO DAVE SHAW SWOZ AND SO MANY BUT IT,S PEP WHO LIKE MINSHAL WERE GIFTED DJ,S AND I MUST INCLUDE THE HARD MEN FRANKIE BAGGOT & SMOKEY(WHO SAVED MY LIFE) AND AS THIS LIST WOULD COULD AND SHOULD LAST ALL NIGHT,

TO DAY I WOULD SAY THE PERSON WHO I WOULD PUT AS THE REAL #1 IAN GUY TAFFY, A BRILLIANT BLOKE AND ALWAYS RESPECTFUL, GREW UP ON RARE SOUL AND HE'S MY BOY, TONY WORROT FRANCO HAMMY SOUL SAM! AND THE BEAT GOES ON ALL THE TORCH 9 & 10 CROWD XXX

ph34r.gif DAVE K is always #1 in heart.

Dave......You jogged my memory there mate .....Kay what a dancer!!!! She had mate also a ballet dancer cant remember her name though!!!! Remember crashing out in their flat and they put me to bed.....I woke up to them very scantily clad and them doing their ballarina spins hands above as in swan lake ................thought i was dreaming !!!

Social source share

My Ten

not in any order(wouldnt dare!!!!)

Mick Smith

pete Wid

Clive everett

Martyn Ellis

Pete Hullatt

Joe Dunlop

Jess Fisher

Judy Moss

Sandra Foy from Rochdale

Liz ? from Preston

No explanations needed, if you know them or their reputations, then you know!!!!!!!!

They shaped my life on this fantastic scene. I wouldnt change a single second (even the bad times)

Ill get me coat!!!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

My Ten

not in any order(wouldnt dare!!!!)

Mick Smith

pete Wid

Clive everett

Martyn Ellis

Pete Hullatt

Joe Dunlop

Jess Fisher

Judy Moss

Sandra Foy from Rochdale

Liz ? from Preston

No explanations needed, if you know them or their reputations, then you know!!!!!!!!

They shaped my life on this fantastic scene. I wouldnt change a single second (even the bad times)

Ill get me coat!!!!!

Jesus, Sandra Foy, parents had the Woolpack pub in Rochdale, went out with her not long after you an her split up in 73, haven't heard anything about her since, you also mention Judy Moss, did we have the same taste in women or just friends?

It was a long time ago!!!

Social source share

When I was speaking to Paul Rowan on Friday afternoon , I mentioned to him that Stan Spencer had been mentioned on the forum , and he recalled one particular time we encountered him .

Stan had been released a couple of days earlier from Strangeways , and when asked how it had been , he replied " If I stood on my chair in the cell and looked out through the bars on the window , I could see The Wheel "

Top man .

Malc

Hi Malc , firstly we met a few years ago at a very very cold Cleethorpes , when paul was D.J.ing

Secondly , surely you were "listening" to Paul , and I bet the conversation might have started in the afternoon .............and ended in the evening !!!!!!!!! he truly can talk the hind legs off a donkey . I tend to only ring him when I have excess minutes left at the end of the month , lol

WiganBrian .

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, Sandra Foy, parents had the Woolpack pub in Rochdale, went out with her not long after you an her split up in 73, haven't heard anything about her since, you also mention Judy Moss, did we have the same taste in women or just friends?

It was a long time ago!!!

Judy is one of my oldest friends , still in touch with her!!!! i wonder what happened to sandra be nice to find out :thumbsup: your right it was a long time ago ! have we ever met then?

Social source share

Dave......You jogged my memory there mate .....Kay what a dancer!!!! She had mate also a ballet dancer cant remember her name though!!!! Remember crashing out in their flat and they put me to bed.....I woke up to them very scantily clad and them doing their ballerina spins hands above as in swan lake ................thought i was dreaming !!!

:lol: HI DAVE ..I JUST CAN'T THINK OF THE OTHER GIRLS NAME?? IT WAS CHRISSIE, OR CHRISTINE, SOME THING LIKE THAT, THE NAME CHRISSY GREY IS ALSO IN MY HEAD, BUT I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER, SO LONG AGO, IT REALLY GETS TO ME THAT I DID NOT GO TO THE BIRDS NEST, AS YOUR FRIENDSHIPS WITH THOSE YOU NAMED AND ALL THAT YOU DID NOT NAME, BUT WERE PATRONS AT THAT TIME HAVE ALL HAD A IMPACT ON ME AS YOU SAY JUST KNOWING THEM IS A SOULFUL TRIBUTE IN IT'S OWN RIGHT, I ALSO ONLY WENT TO THE SHADES CLUB 3 TIMES THAT ALSO HAD A GREAT VIBE WITH IT'S PATRONS, :thumbsup:

I HOPE YOU ARE MUCH BETTER NOW? BT THE WAY,:lol: DAVE KIL

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a bunch of people that over the years have made me smile, sometimes edgy, sometimes down right outragous, but life would have been duller without them, in no order....

Budgie, Dave Greet, Pete Lawson, Pete Wid, Blondie, Keith Minshull, Gabbie, Dennis Lee, Leon Brown, Gilly, Woody, Jock, Colin Law, Maria, Heather & Angie, Dean Anderson, Jacko & Paul Guntrip, Dim Dave, Gaz Kellett & Stan (In fact all of The Preston Cyber Men), Martin Peerman, Tim Ashibend, Butch, Marc Forrest, Lars, Keb & Guy Heineken, Clarkie, Sam, Arthur Fenn, Dave Wise, Alison, Rolland, Kirsty, Pete & Karen, Dean Johnson

There are more, but these come to mind, everyone real Characters

Dave's OK but a bugger when he farts :(

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Dolben top ten soul character?? I really have come up in the world. Only found this when I googled myself so I am new to this forum. Who is behind the pseudonyms.

Social source share

If we are talking characters from the scene, sadly my top three have all passed away now

BUB--------------[i still sometimes sit and chuckle to myself, thinking back to those days in the PICKWICK & SALISBURY, SCARBOROUGH.

PETE LAWSON..............MENTIONED BY MANY ON HERE

William [bILLY WHIZ] Jollands.................Sadly missed character from the york crowd

TERRY LAMBERT..........................Another great character who spent his last days in YORK [r.i.p]

COCKNEY STEVE...................................Get us a pint matelaugh.giflaugh.gif

PSYCHO............................Don`t know his real name, was a mate of the aboves, strange character that one

PAUL DANES.............................Think he was from Sheffield, now he was a Character

DAVE BLOCKLEY [YORK]................................Just one hell of a CRAZY GUY

RICHARD DOLBEN........................Scarborough, Crazy guy

JOHN JEFFRIES.....................................The time he thumbed a lift back to york, from scarborough because he`d lost his money, we were there for the weekend, he came back later after going all the way home to get more money, then when we got back to the B&B he took his shoes n socks off and his money was under his footlaugh.giflaugh.gif His exact words were............................HEAVY SHITlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

As for people who have been influencial to me, they know who they are as i thank them at every occasionthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Needsy

Dave Thorley & Greety for DJ'ing at my 21st

Pete Wid - used to dive across the bonnet of cars on services slip roads, start braking if you saw him

Greety again for the card games at Yate

Hippo - top bloke

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest markmtfc

Biggest character for me was Colin Shipstone (shippo), from Nottingham, the laughs we had, my ribs used to ache from laughing. i will never forget the cleethorpes weekender in 94, never ever drunk as much, before, or since.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

my top ten

WILKY.......from corby chemist robber extrordinaire

CHRIS & HARRY......shall we just say l liked em

MATCHY......had some good laughs with him and STEVE BLACK..back in the day

CLICK.......hard as f**k,but a great bloke to be around

BARRY McKAY (scouse) looked after us at the torch

LITTLE WILLIE from the wolves area again great company

HECTOR from leeds another mad en lol

BIG GEORGE r.i.p (bedford) carrying on in the mental vein lol

GREG from liecester.....operation julie lsd whea hey

SHAUN & SHARON DYKE....glousters finest back then ...oh nearly forgot me old mate STEVE SMITH

to be honest the scene was full of characters back then and still is today .......they were characters for many reasons mad,hard,rough,eccentric or just plain great company......the soul scene attracted night time dwellers from all over and l think it was the night and all it,s activities which did it.........a very unique bunch of people indeedy.

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

• 2 years later...
Guest gunner123

I just by chance found this site, searching for anything to enlighten me more of my uncle Stan Spencer's life before he passed in 1995. Reading the comments and memories has absolutely made my day if not year :-) Was he really a mover as you say he was or a 'character' even? I've attached a few pictures.. any more memories or stories are welcomed :-)

post-34187-0-49712100-1416947542_thumb.j

post-34187-0-94594400-1416947551_thumb.j

Social source share

From a North American perspective (a mixture of people I've heard of, who helped make The Scene, and people I've dealt with in USA, Canada and England):  (no particular order)

Kev Roberts

Richard Searling

Ian Levine

Ady Croasdell

Tony Rounce

John Anderson

John Manship

Martin Koppel

Rod Shard

Dave Withers

I also knew Nev Wherry  (may he rest in peace), and had some dealings with Tim Ashibende.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Hard one and only one place to begin 

1) Pete Lawson, always the same from the day I met him at Wigan

2) The Mighty Bub

3) Dennis McDonald (den Mac)

4) John Farrell

5) Jon Buck

6) Ady Croasdell

7) Guy Hennigan

8) Dave Kettle

9) Yogi Haughton

10) The Marriott Brothers Chris, Rob and Ivor.

Could add another 90 but spent some great times in many parts of the country with most of the above over the years !

Social source share

remember Click ?,remember him telling me,he'd done a chemist's,got loads of good stuff,inc a big jar of green & clears,buried it ,got nicked the day after,got 3 years,when he came out ,went back to dig it up,they'd built a bypass over it thumbsup.gif

Click Clark from Hinckley?

Social source share

I just by chance found this site, searching for anything to enlighten me more of my uncle Stan Spencer's life before he passed in 1995. Reading the comments and memories has absolutely made my day if not year :-) Was he really a mover as you say he was or a 'character' even? I've attached a few pictures.. any more memories or stories are welcomed :-)

Big Stan was a giant amongst men and a key character when I came onto the scene in the early 1970s. A regular at Leeds Central and the Intercon in Wakefield and a major scene-ster at the time. Some of the older lads from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield will be to elaborate more 'cos I only really saw Stan at the clubs and I was usually dee-jaying at the time and Stan could be....unpredictable lol. RIP Stan. You're not forgotten mate.

Ian D  :D

Social source share

From a North American perspective (a mixture of people I've heard of, who helped make The Scene, and people I've dealt with in USA, Canada and England):  (no particular order)

Kev Roberts

Richard Searling

Ian Levine

Ady Croasdell

Tony Rounce

John Anderson

John Manship

Martin Koppel

Rod Shard

Dave Withers

Nice to see Dave get a mention. I also have a big soft-spot for his mucker Dave McCadden (AKA The soul fox), funny funny guy - also started the first fanzine on the scene.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!