50's/60's Style Radiogram

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Looking for a 50's/60's radiogram. Got to be a good looker, more a matter of style over substance, as I want to gut it and fit a technics deck etc in it! Found a really good one, the kind with the speakers built into each end, drop down lid over the deck area, and enough room to fit what I wanted, but....... its 3" too long! Cant be more than 3' 6" max. Anyone know where I could find one?

One like this Blaupunkt would be nice!

post-1355-12744935948478_thumb.jpeg

post-1355-12744935948478_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking for a 50's/60's radiogram. Got to be a good looker, more a matter of style over substance, as I want to gut it and fit a technics deck etc in it! Found a really good one, the kind with the speakers built into each end, drop down lid over the deck area, and enough room to fit what I wanted, but....... its 3" too long! Cant be more than 3' 6" max. Anyone know where I could find one?

I've got a beautiful one in my garage, it would be a bit hard to explain what it looks like (it's cream and maroon with a polished wooden top) has sliding doors that open from the middle, valve radio obviously and record deck, I think it still has the circular piece of paper giving instructions on the turntable. I bought it in about 1992 (was a lot of money back then even) but have never had room for it anywhere. I've never seen another one like it. Maybe not what you're looking for but I'll send you some photos if you want to have a look. I think it's one of the first stereo ones.

Social source share

How weird! That exact model is on eBay [here] - £25 but it is in London and finishes today.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

How weird! That exact model is on eBay [here] - £25 but it is in London and finishes today.

Nice! I have mailed him to ask sizes, as it has to fit in the space under my open plan stairs!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I managed to get some photos but they were taken in the garage so they are not great, the whole unit is in need of a clean. It has 4 legs which screw in, I took these off when we moved. Like I say, probably not what you're after.

post-1893-12745194141044_thumb.jpg post-1893-12745194383496_thumb.jpg

Cheers Pete, but I think I have my heart set on a Blaupunkt, If it will fit!

Social source share

Source Advert